Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Default how do you...

NOT get discouraged when you see things on your body that you really just DON'T like?! ugh I've put on 15 pounds over the course of 3 years because since I've been in pharmacy school I've developed this binge eating problem. Well now I'm seeing a therapist for it and come on this site constantly for support and tips. But darn it....I'm sitting here butt naked because I'm so hot after my shower and I'm all alone in my bedroom..and I look down and see my stomach...which is comprised of 3 REALLY big rolls. Well at least they are big to me....or rather, they're WAY bigger than they used to be. I'm constantly having to deal with how I can turn negative thoughts off and just tell myself that it takes a world of patience because I'm not going to lose the 15 pounds overnight...just like how I didn't GAIN them overnight. It's just so incredibly frustrating...especially after I just had a good workout and really haven't eaten a WHOLE lot today...and most of what I ate were fruit and veggies, yet my stomach STILL looks ugly and bloated. It's like I wish all my effort would start to show already but all I can manage to see are the rolls, the muffin top, or feeling the chafing thighs that never used to touch before. ugh I better just go drown myself in studying before the negative thoughts take me over completely. Hope everyone is having a great weekend

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I think we can't help but find our flaws. For some reason it is so much easier to find what's wrong with us than to look at what's right. I do the same thing though...sit at my desk after my shower in just my underwear and I look down and all I can see are massive thighs and a flabby stomach. It doesn't matter that I know I fit in size 8 pants and medium tops. All those sizes must be lies because my eyes see only the fat. It's ridiculous to think this way and I know it's ridiculous...but I still do it!

I think I want to start doing a mental exercise where, for every negative thought I have about my body, I have to follow it up with a positive thought. For instance, "My thighs are huge." has to be followed with "Whatever, your thighs helped you do leg presses with 190lbs of weight at the gym today." I have a feeling this might be difficult at first, but hopefully I can end the negative talk all together.

Just realize your effort WILL show eventually one day...it has to! You just have to be patient. And in the meantime, try not to be so hard on yourself (I'll try too!)
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Thanks Foxxy....I guess this post was more of a venting session lol Because I basically know everything you said...yet I suppose it's so much easier to just let the negative thoughts take over rather than fighting it with positive ones. Which is the reason why losing weight is so hard! It's more of a mind game than anything. You're right though. I really should start making myself say 1 positive thing for every negative thing I say about my body. Even if I don't really believe it at first, saying it and hearing it is definitely a step in the right direction!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #4  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Hang in there D!
Saying to yourself in the mirror "I am beautiful" and really owning it will help with your feelings. It helps me. Say it everyday or just when you get down. Being naked is difficult for me too. I find I need to sometimes wear my exercise pants (that are way more forgiving) over my tight jeans (stuffin the muffin) because comfort is sometimes what I need more than style... and then the pants remind me, oh I should go for a run! Be patient with yourself and celebrate the positive healthy steps you are talking. You'll get where you need to be!
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote