Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #76  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Bleh, it's only noon and I'm already up to 1000 calories consumed today (I haven't had lunch yet either). I didn't plan well enough for a coworker's birthday, I guess. There were brownies, cake, donuts... and I had 'em all -- in a slow and controlled fashion, not a binge, but still. I'm a little depressed. But I guess all I can do is eat on-plan for the rest of the day and to squeeze a workout in before I go out tonight.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Happytobe...congrats on picking bed...that can be so hard sometimes! See, we can both make it through emotionally difficult situations and come out on top!

Skyra -- Think of today as a maintenance day. Plan on not going above 2000 calories. That still leaves you with 1000 to play around with. And you should give yourself a pat on the back for eating the treats but remaining in control. Don't be too down on yourself! And rock that work out tonight!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

Working on Day 4 and feeling pretty good.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #79  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Paris- day 30 will be so great! you should reward yourself, but not with food. lol

Day 15 for me, it's been pretty easy for me not to binge. I have nothing in the house that I would ever binge on. With nothing here to tempt me, I'll do fine. If it's here, I'm in trouble, so I won't be buying my triggers for a long time. Why couldn't I go this long not buying my trigger foods before? I don't know, more willpower this time?
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Foxxy and Blairsey, thank you for your encouragement.

Today was super hard for me! It's Day 60, I don't feel well and the stress is starting to get to me at work. Wish me luck. I really want to be able to say on Monday that I made it to day 63.

Hugs, Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #81  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Day 1. Again. *sigh*

My emotions have been all over the place, and I'm having a very hard time dealing with it. All I seem to want to do is sleep or cry. Or eat. I'm stressed out and depressed, but I should be dealing with it much better than I am.

I'm doing well so far today. I just got back from a two hour bike ride and I'm exhausted. I'm glad I made myself go though. I get a lot of anxiety about it because I really hate being out in public, and I think I look really silly in my helmet (but I'm not going to not wear it, because I'm aware of how clumsy I am ) and I psych myself out with all the "everyone's going to think you look stupid, fat girl on a bike with a helmet" thoughts. And I know it makes no sense to think that way but I'm not sure how to stop.

And part of me feels like I don't even deserve to post here cause I'm asking for support again cause I messed up again and eventually I'll run out of chances.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Day 4 coming to an end. Haven't felt an urge to binge recently either. Don't have any plans this weekend other than working tomorrow, studying, and hopefully getting out and enjoying the weather since it's supposed to be nice. I've also decided to make Friday mornings my weigh in day. I've read so many different opinions about how you should weigh youself everday, once a week, or not at all! and just go by how your clothes fit. Weighing myself everyday was definitely not working for me, only made me more obsessive about my weight. Once my jeans start feeling looser, then I'll know I'm really making progress but until then I'll still weigh myself on Fridays :-) Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend! I'll probably be checking in from time to time :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Aw, Olivia. Bless your heart, sweetie. You won't run out of chances here.

Last edited by Blairsey; 04-09-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #84  

I agree with Blairsey, Olivia...this board is full of second chances...and third chances...and fourth chances...I think I'm somewhere in the mid-50's, haha. And good for you for going on that bike ride, you should be proud of yourself and to heck with feeling silly! The silly people are the ones who never get off the couch!

D -- I've switched to just weekly weigh-ins too...and only at my WW meetings. I was getting too obsessive with the daily weighing and I let the number on the scale control my feelings for the rest of the day. I'm much better off not knowing about the daily fluctuations!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

fruitlady--good idea about reward...I'll have to think of something!

Day 28 today. Really want to get to day 30! Sunday is my hard day, so if I mess up tomorrow, I'll blow it--I hope that helps to motivate me away from binging!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #87  

You WON'T blow it, paris, I know you won't!

I'm on Day 17. My grandma went back home today, and although I love her, I'm kind of glad because that means no more going out to eat or baking for awhile. I need a break from it!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Paris! You can't keep thinking that you'll "blow it" on Sundays or that Sundays are your "hard" day. Thinking that way basically just sets you up to fail on that day, or make you filled with anxiety and dread for that day. Sunday is just another day...like any other. Take it one step at a time and you WILL make it through the day! :-)

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #89  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning all and Happy Saturday!

I Comleted day 5 yesterday. Even with the dinner party I attended. I treated myself to a small piece of cake and 2 glasses of wine and stayed very much in control. I was afraid that when I got up this morning, I'd be craving more sweets but so far so good. I know I can make it through the 2nd party tonight.

duqserb I so agree with you on the scale. I have been weighing daily and it definately make me obsessive. Also, when I have done very good and the scale doesn't move, it usually makes me eat out of frustration. Right now, I am also going to try and W/I once a week on Friday and I'd like to eventually get to weighing only once a month. I want to focus on my eating, exercising and staying binge free. I know if I do these things, the scale will defiinatly go down in due time.

Bunneh You will never run out of chances. We all slip at times but we just pick ourselves up and start over. I'm glad you enjoyed your bike ride. I hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great day everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

so my plan to stay on plan yesterday was successful...so far i am doing well today too... i hope everyone's saturdays are positive ... i measured in with my trainer today... despite over-plan a few days this week due to easter, i maintained my weight and (since feb) have lost 2" overall and since my last weigh in (20 mar) i have gained one pound of muscle!

saw Hedley concert last night... man, I am OLD! ha ha ha... i was 20 yrs older than the average age last night... and i saw my first (real live) cougar and her prey... it was creepy

now, if i could just get some sleep.... (trigger #1 for me!!!) i should be able to get through another day tomorrow...

stay strong... be good to yourselves!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote