Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #31  

Height: 4'11"

Today completes day 30 for me. I am so proud of myself.

I am proud of all of you guys, as well... We are all fighters, and champions.
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey guys I'm on board for the week. Had a little binge last night at work. But had a good talk with the therapist today and I'm looking forward to trying out some of the behavioral modifications I'm learning. Everyone have a great week....we can do this!!

~D~
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #33  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

For some reason if I have white fish for dinner I binge the next morning! Tomorrow is Day 1 again, but I WILL make Day 6 next time.

I also walked another 6 mi today to help with the 4 bowls of cereal (all with the last cup of milk in the house, no less!) and 4 Tb of peanut butter. Further more, I didn't go way over-board just because I picked today as my no-count day instead of tomorrow, and even though if I did/do everything right today I will still be over.

I decided that from now on my off-day will revolve around healthy choices, even if I am taking a break from CC! for me, as encouragement.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 10
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

Day 17. I AM NOT GOING TO BINGE...even though that scale isn't working with me this week.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 23! And I haven't seen the scale budge in the last 2 weeks, either! It's so easy to gain after you indulge like a nut, but so hard to lose it. That should be enough motivation for me to not binge again! I must remember how bad I feel now that it's taking me forever to get back to where I was in October. I was 12 lbs. thinner!

Last edited by tyla; 03-03-2010 at 10:33 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #37  

Hi, Day 8 is now complete. I am very proud of myself. I don't think that I have had that many binge free days in a row in years. You know, what I have not experienced in the last 8 days is that roller-coast of goodgirl - badgirl swings in the last 8 days----- I wonder why I was always pursuing(?) those swings.

"See you" tomorrow.
hikergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

tyla: Awesome job on Day 22.

fruitlady: It's ok, we are here for you. The good thing is your doing a Day 1 instead of Day 0. Just take it one day at a time! I'm doing the St. Patty's Day challenge with you and on there Lori suggested uping my calories. It's helped. I don't know if that helps you. I also got some more snacks that I would crave but in way smaller portions. Good luck!

Maryjaneld: Lets do Day 3 together! We can do it!

ThinkinThin: I know what you mean bout the job. I wish you good luck. Thanks for the info. That clears up alot for me and really helps. I'm making small changes and taking things one day at a time. Keep up the good work!

ravensglen3: WOW Day 30! yowza! Congrats. I hope to get there one day.

duqserb: way to keep on track. I'm happy you found some tools to help. I hope they work. Good Luck

eratosthanes: You can do it! And good job on changine your off days to healthy choices. it will help so much.

paris81: Nice job on day 10. Keep it up!

Blairsey: I now what you mean bout the scale, keep strong you can do it. You will see the results next week of your hard work

tyla: 23 days binge free is amazing. you should be very proud of yourself and not give in. 12lbs thinner will come and you will look back and smile at your hard work.

Hikegirl: what do you mean by roller-coaster good girl bad girl? I'm trying to keep more in my journal than just food, i'm writing down emotions and thoughts when I eat so I can get to the bottome of things. I'm happy you have 8 days in a row that's really great. I hope you get through another week!

As for me, I'm on Day 3! In my journal I give myself a sticker every day i'm binge free! In my CC challenge I do stickers for food and workouts. It makes me feel better and I can keep track more. I got bad news last night and wanted to go to town at Mc Donalds after class, but then decided to have a chicken sandwich and a side salad, minus croutons and dressing....but....instead even better!....the bf due to the bad news set up wine cheese and crackers, I had 2 glasses of wine(small glasses), 15 crackers(baked all natural), and one serving of low fat cheese, one serving of meat. Which was my dinner, so no Mc Donalds which would have been more fat and less healthy. I had 400-600 calories left for dinner after my day so that helped and this morning...I was down 1.4lbs. I was happy to stay within portions for dinner of each thing. I can do this! We all can!

Good luck and hope everyone has a great day!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #39  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

jdonato- thanks! When I up my calories I either gain or stay the same. I'm now trying to lose the 2lbs. I just gained from yesterday. So I won't be upping calories anytime soon. lol Day one for me again, did good today. Sometimes I gain 2 days in a row from the same binge, (If this makes sense) hopefully that won't happen and sticking with my diet today helps.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #40  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Today is day 7. Woo hoo!

----------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One for every 5 lbs lost
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

jdonato, congrats on your will power and your weight loss!
Good job! By the way, thanks for your kind words and encouragement!
Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 03-03-2010 at 07:12 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Day 3 and counting - hooray.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

jdonato, woohoo, day 3 for both of us, and thinkin thin too Go us!
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 235/tracker/150

Height: 5.9

Woohoo, day one completed--no binging!!

lukesmom
lukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

jdonato- What a sweet, supportive chick you are! Yay, you!

Day 18! Yesterday was HARD. TOM is due any time...maybe that's why? I'm just glad I made it through.

I consider binging to be out of control eating. If I got that cake out of my fridge and just ate whatever I wanted, that's a binge. If I cut a reasonable serving of it and counted it into my calories for the day, that wouldn't be a binge. Binging is when I just kinda say, "F" it...and eat an unreasonable amount in an uncontrolled way. For me, there is rarely a small binge. If I allow myself to behave out-of-control, I'm likely to stuff myself with a little of everything, in a short time.

I fought off a binge at the grocery store the other day. The kids were hungry and fussy and I let them open a box of cheese-its. I ate 1, and it was soooo good. (I had allowed myself to get too hungry.) I could have eaten my weight in those things. BUT, I stopped. I went back to the cracker isle and picked up a box of Special K crackers and counted out a serving of them to munch on as we shopped. I saved myself, from myself!

It feels great to have control of myself. It's hard right now, with all these menstrual cravings, BUT, I'm doing it.
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote