Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 11

jdonato--you're so sweet with such detailed messages! I've done them before, lots of effort. It's great. Day 3 is awesome--I know those early days are the hardest, so good for you! I feel like I need to get to day 20 before I start feeling more in control.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

fruitlady: I know what you mean about still gaining a day or two after your binge. It will come off and we can keep going through to our challenge. We are almost done with this week, 3 more days! WE can do it!

MamaP: Congrats on Day 7. One week down and so many more to go. I can't remember the last time I made it 7 days. Good Luck

tyla: This is the first time in my life i've opened up so much about my weight struggles and I have all of you to thank for that. Everyone on here has suppored me so much so that's why I want to support all of you. I hope you have a great Binge free day!

ThinkinThin & Maryjaneld: Wahoo lets go for day 4 today!

lukesmom: Great job on Day 1. We are all here for you for Day 2

Blairsey: Thanks. Also thanks for the info on binging. That's me, it's not just taking one piece of cake and that's it, it's 1/2 the case, a bag of chips...so on so on. Since my trip was cancelled this weekend, I can focus more on working through it. Awesome job at the grocery store! Crackers were one of my down falls. a few weeks ago I got the Kashi fire-roasted viggie ones...mmmmm...15 crackers for only 130calories...but....i opend the box and had like 30-45 without even thinking. Then i'd come home open it up and just start going to town. I'm trying to stay away from crackers lol...And the fact that you got the special K box and counted it out was really great! I'm proud of you....Go Day 19 now! OH BTW....TOM SUCKS! Keep kicking it's butt.

paris81: Thanks for the kind words. I know what you mean by feeling more incontrol at Day 20, so I wish you all the luck! Still Day 11 is pretty awesome, that's over a week, which is more than i've gone in how long. Hope you have a great day.

So on to Day 4 today! yay....As I said earlier my trip was cancelled this weekend so I can focus on getting through it. I can't remember the last time i've gone a whole week without binging...So here I go! I think it's amazing at how strong you all are and how hard you are working. Even if you slip you still get right back on it. It's really helping me and showing me that I can do it and not feel alone. Thanks everyone! Well I hope you all have a great binge-free day. I'll post more later

Last edited by jdonato; 03-04-2010 at 09:57 AM.
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #48  

Height: 5'6"

jdonato - I send you the best vibes possible. I look forward to following your successes over the next three days.

Day 9 is complete for me. I hope to finish today and be into the double digits of binge free days.
hikergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #49  

Hi - all is well.

Beverlyjoy - Happpy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!. The cake sounds wonderful. If you can, try and put behind you the fact that you had more than one slice. Look ahead (and it was your birthday!).

Bye everyone. Today's posts (the ones I just read) are inspiring and supportive. It is a great way to start my day.

"Talk to you" all tomorrow.
Susan
Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #50  

oops...my previous post was meant for a different thread. sorry.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 24!!!

jtonato and anyone else who doesn't mind reading this and allowing me to express myself, let me tell why I think I go out of control at times. (I've been thinking about this to stop this habit!) It's all due to stress, or something that is bothering me. Maybe someone said something negative to me, or I have a ton of work to get done, but I'd rather not do it, or I'm upset about something, or I'm bored, depressed, lonely, irritated, anyway something that has to do with emotion. I've noticed when I eat and watch tv and the subject matter upsets me, I eat faster and sometimes that gets me going.

Here's my story. I finally reached my goal in October. I was proud of myself. I hadn't binged in 6 months. Then a few negative remarks came my way that really hurt me. Looking back, I think it was due to jealousy. I lost weight and I was starting to look good. I wasn't showing off or anything, but sometimes others don't like it when you are doing better than them. Anyway, I hadn't binged for 6 months. I thought I was over it, but the next thing you know, I was eating like there was no tomorrow. It was like while I was eating, I was thinking what else I could eat after that. I mean I was raiding the cupboards like a maniac. Of course, because I was trying to be good, there were only slimfast bars, cereal, crackers, yogurt and healthy food in the house. Man, you should have seen me plow through my boxes of slimfast bars! Guess what, you gain weight from healthy stuff, too!!!! Then the holidays rolled around. When I was offered goodies at Thanksgiving and Christmas, all **** broke loose. When I got a gift of chocolate covered almonds, I couldn't scarf those up fast enough. I saw all the hard work I'd done go down the drain. I felt terrible about myself! I went from 130 to 149 in a couple of months. I kept trying to get back on track, but it was the hardest thing. If it wasn't for this thread, I'd probably be back to my beginning weight! Anyway, because of this thread and the wonderful people on it, I managed to get back to my good habits for 24 days now. Thank you!!

So, if anyone is thinking of going off. Please don't do it. It's not worth it!

Thank you for listening.
Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 03-04-2010 at 11:44 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

tyla: I was very touched by how open and honest you were about your struggles. I completely understand. I'm still battleing my emotions. It's really brave of you to come on here and write about it. You have done an amazing job so far. You are very close to your weight goal and going 24 Days is huge! Whatever you need we are all here for you. Hope you have 25 Days
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #53  

Thank you, jdonato, and the same goes for you!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #54  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

tyla, please know that you are not alone, so many other people go through this. This is my third time losing the same 65 to 75lbs. Your right, it's not worth it and if it weren't for 3fc I would have been on my way back up to 173lbs. again. Stick with it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #55  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

tyla, please know that you are not alone, so many other people go through this. This is my third time losing the same 65 to 75lbs. Your right, it's not worth it and if it weren't for 3fc I would have been on my way back up to 173lbs. again. Stick with it!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #56  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

This is day 2 for me. It has been hard today, but I'm working my way through it.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #57  

Fruitlady, thank you! You've done an excellent job at getting back to your goal! Re: your second post. Let's make it through this day together. We can do it!!

Both you and jdonato are my heroes! You both inspire me! (Hugs)

Thank you.

Last edited by tyla; 03-04-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

day 4 yayayayay! Hope everyone else is having a great day.

Jdonato and thinkin thin....join me on day 5 tomorrow i hope
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Maryjaneld- Wish I could join you on Day 5, but it's back to Day 1 for me. I wouldn't consider what I had today a binge by my "binge standards", but it was the act of buying the food "secretly" and eating it quickly when I was feeling stressed that constitutes a binge for me. Oh well.
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

thinkin thin, it's ok. It happens to us all. Day 1 will be great for you tomorrow. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again. And we'll be here for you
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote