Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Default I think this is actually working!

Hey everyone,
So, my TOM started late last week... It came earlier than expected, which I knew is due to having a lower body fat %. I was SOOOO happy! And then a few hours later I was angry, lol. When I start my TOM, I get incredibly bingey and hungry. It's unreal how hungry I get. So I had a few slip-ups, like having chips or a cookie, but I always stayed in my calorie range... Just going into my maintenance calorie range once. AND I didn't beat myself up over it!!

I've also started binges, even giving myself permission to binge... Like this afternoon, I isolated myself a little and went for a monster cookie (it's delicious, gigantic, and 500 cals YIKES). I planned on eating much more, but then I got halfway through the cookie, and was *done*. I thought, "Meh, this is good, but I really don't anymore." I can't remember the last time I've actually thought that AND put the rest away. I was in shock lol. Then tonight, we ordered some pizza and I once again stayed within my weight loss calories...

On top of all this, THE BOYFRIEND NOTICED MY WEIGHTLOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! He came back to college last night and gave me a hug, and he took a minute to feel my lower back a little and said, "Lizzie, have you lost weight?!" It was like he proposed, I started screaming, "YES YES YES!!!! Yaaaaay!" and laughing like a lune lol. Bless him, he joined in on the celebration lol. To confirm the weight loss, I stepped on the scale and saw that I was down to 160.

I feel like this is all clicking now, I've actually stuck with this and I'm noticing results. It hasn't always been easy, but it's been easier than in the past because I've been consistent and I'm not starting over every morning. Thank you EVERYONE for all your support! Having a great community to come to when I'm on my last bit of motivation to not binge or to just stay away from the kitchen has made this a very positive experience. Or negative, however you want to look at it. =)
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Lizzie! And you know what? Your success story is inspiring ME to keep with it as well! I am so happy for you! It must feel great to have people notice the results of your hard work, and to have the control to eat only half of a delicious, binge-inducing cookie. That is so wonderful!
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

your story is awesome. CONGRATS
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #4  
Making a Change

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Congrats I would love to be 160, almost there. heh. Keep away from those cookies. They are evil!!! Dont tell but I had two little Walmart ones today. but they were yummy!
psychologymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

That's great!!
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the kind words everyone! We've set the bar for ourselves, this week has got to be even better than last week. Good luck!
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #7  

That is the very best validation that your BF actually noticed! You are obviously working hard and your body is responding. Great job!
JJCaraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

I think you hit on something really important - You CAN have treats here and there, as long as you dont have mindless eating... (easier said than done!)...

CONGRATS!!! You deserve to feel this good... If you feel yourself faultering in the future, come back to the post and re-read and remember how good it felt!!

Keep up the fantastic work!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #9  
Kristen Denece

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'4

Congradulations! it always good comformation your doing something right when someone notices!!! lol keep up the good work!
KristenFlynn3 is offline   Reply With Quote