Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #1  

Default Boredom Binging

So, do you have this issue? Do you binge out of boredom?

I'm at work right now doing the most tedious task EVER and I just want to go to WaWa (local convenience store) and load up on Tasty Cakes and ice cream. I'm already slowly making my way through the healthy snacks I keep at the office. If my boss wasn't the keeper of the crappy snacks, I'd be raiding the left over gift basket grub from the holidays. (We keep all the bad for you food in his office since the rest of us are dieting and can't handle the pressure.)

I've had an excellent two weeks. So far I'm still on track for a good day. There's only 2 more hours left in this work day. I just have to keep my cool and not throw away good points on bad food. I have to keep some control and not lose it all together.

Pray for me ya'll!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

I JUST got home from a day like that. My workday started at 4AM at a bakery, where I was so angry that I was scheduled so early (I normally don't start til much later) so unnecessarily (we were way ahead this morning, we all could have come in much later). My mood perked up a little when I had some coffee and told myself to suck it up, at least I'm getting paid.

Then I ran from my home to my lab (4 miles) and felt incredible, soon to be angry that everybody was on lunch break... At 11AM????? I wanted to be in and out asap, but c'est la vie. So, I walked to my fav Chinese restaurant on campus which has a really delicious healthy menu with steamed veggies, tofu, and low-fat low-sugar sauces. I did really well for lunch, then went back to my lab and went about doing what I needed to do... But the post-lunch coma started to set in, ahhhh. I either wanted to sleep or EAT. Thank God we had absolutely nothing to eat except Tostitos! But I've been where you're at, and think how much worse it'd be if you worked at a bakery!!!!!!!!

P.S. I love WaWa!!!! My family is from the East Coast, so Tasty Cakes played a supporting role in many of my best childhood memories!!!! But don't give in, they're not really that good anymore lol. =)
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9

I hate that feeling of being bored or needing a pick-me-up, and just wanting to get a cookie or something to munch on. I'm finally getting to the point now where I can actually recognize that I want to eat out of boredom...but I still can't find a solution to the boredom! :P
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #4  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

Hi my names nikki and im a boredom binger lol........Its horrible!!! I just started my journey 3 days ago but you have to start somewhere right??!! so im with ya girl its HARD!!!! i have a desk job so im on mybutt 9-10 hrs a day and ALL i want to do is EAT lol its disgusting!!! we can do it we are strong women and we WILL beat this! Good luck & im sending pound shedding wishes your way!
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I was a boredom binger, but I guess I'd say I'm not anymore. I can't remember the last time I did it.

For whatever reason, when I get the urge to binge based on boredom, it's easier for me to say "no" than when it's for any other reason (anger, sadness, PMS, etc). I always find some way to keep myself entertained, even if it's just in my own mind... I'm that person laughing all by myself on the elliptical machine at the gym, who you suspect might be a little "off."
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #6  

I have to find a way to entertain myself in my head. Today, I'm not sure if I'm bored or what. I just know I want to eat non-stop. Earlier today it was because I was hungry. Now I'm not hungry. I just feel tired and anxious. I want to go home. I want this day to be over. I want to sleep. I want to scream a little. And I AM bored by what's on my agenda. I don't want to face the activities of the day. I don't want to get started so I'm sitting here pressing buttons on my computer which is why I'm feeling bored. So, yeah. Hard day.
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote