Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

here's one...THOSE MOTHER LOVING...mini chocolate eclairs! Ugh...if I could eat just ONE...

I have given up on that idea though...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 275/205/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

For some people it may be a certain food, or a certain eating establishment that they just can't say no to.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Almost anything in excess, but fatty high carbs usually get the best of me, burgers & fries, fried chix & mashed potatoes.

How could you lighten it up? I could, but most times it takes away the guilt and the pleasure!!

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place? If I am eating out, I choose salad instead of fries as a side, or veggies with my chix. It seems to feel like the best of both worlds and helps to keep me from a total binge.

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself? Same as above

This was a fun thread, related to so many of the posts!
PleaseLuise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #48  

Seeing food is a big trigger for me. Visually food makes me salivate. And the late afternoons and evenings are huge triggers for me. I start in drinking coffee and tea in the mornings and I think that really helps me to not be hungry but in the afternoon and evenings I just seem to really have more trouble with food, not all the time, but often. There are too many foods to even begin to name that I absolutley "love."
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #49  
Anchors away!

Default chips vs chocolate

I think I am mental! I have very high blood pressure. Dr took me off most high sodium foods. My best treat was always pop and chips. Well to get around the sodium thing......I switched to loving choc bars. It was such a sneaky thing I did. I really didn't even realize I did the switch. My hubby picked up on the trend. Gees, I am scared to think how I masterminded this plan and didn't even realize it. Food addiction is a tricky game to play. I want off this rollercoaster and fast! I have decided to stay away from junk. Hard to do but necessary. Deb
62monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #50  

Height: 5'8"

Cup after cup of hot chocolate in the evening and snacking on junk between lunch and dinner.

How could you lighten it up?

Occupy myself better during these times.

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?

Remove myself from where I will be tempted.

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?

Allow it in moderation... but I'm not good with moderation! Hahaha.

Last edited by Dianee; 03-15-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Dianee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i agree...some foods...I JUST CAN'T moderate...potato chips...mini eclairs...ice cream..

I WILL binge on fried chicken...BUT...it's the sugary smooth trigger foods I have the most trouble with...

62 monkey..those salt cravings may be your adrenals crying for help...
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #52  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

My trigger is home baked goods - breads, cookies, etc. I've come up with a million 'light' versions - but that only helps if you don't eat the entire loaf of bread in a day. I guess I could stop making bread, and I've certainly slowed down... but I like it, cooking is my zen, kneading away my frustrations... I have tried freezing half the loaf right away so that I don't eat it all in one day. And I make smaller loaves now. But regardless, I eat a lot of bread when I make it.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 254/246.4/180

Height: 5'3

Default its baaaad.

I would have to say that the thing I crave:

fast food!!!!

It is an addiction.

Trigger:

Being alone in the car... and I think "oh- I could just pull right through- and have a cheeseburger for a snack"

What normal size person thinks a cheeseburger would be a good SNACK?
Casey54952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Ice cream and Rice Pudding and fast food are my weakness.. If I didn't have to live with my parents who enable junkfood I would be MUCH easier to avoid junkfood and lose those pounds.
JellyBean32882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 118/116/110

Height: 5'4"

SWEETS. Plain and simple.

The worst for me is Reese's Pieces and Cadbury Mini-eggs. I can sit down and eat an entire large bag in one sitting! I also have issues with ice cream and baked goods . . . especially the ones that include chocolate.

Have you made an action plan to avoid this food/place?

I just cut out sweets all together. I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. I'm not taking any of my "usual" trips to TCBY or Cold Stone any longer.

If you don't avoid it, how do you control yourself?

I can't . . . that's why I have to quit cold-turkey!
Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:05 AM   #56  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

My trigger is store-bought bread. I had the biggest hankering for some crusty white bread on Friday and, because I've done 100% well on portion/calorie control since I re-started 2 months ago, I thought I'd be safe.
Not.
Yes, I've managed to cling to the very outside edge of my calorie budget per day but I've eaten the bread at the expense of more nutritious things, it's made me hungry for more of absolutely anything, and I'm retaining water.
Lesson learned.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:05 AM   #57  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

-

Last edited by Rosinante; 03-29-2009 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Duplicate post - site hung up on me.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:06 AM   #58  
ida

Ice cream .____. The problem with that is also that I never feel full from it. I can easily eat 1 litre of it myself without feeling like I've even had anything.
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #59  

Candy, cupcakes(love sugar frosting), fries.......anything fried actually.I guess I need to listen to everyone and get them out of my house.My kids dont need them either.I usually tell myself that I buy them for the kids.LIAR!!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Right now my trigger food is Pop-tarts 20% fiber brown sugar....I. can't. stop! So I didn't put them in the cart at the store yesterday...just easier that way...
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote