Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 06:50 AM   #16  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Another day, another chance to be binge-free. Day 1 today.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #17  

I would love to get on the bandwagon with you guys this week! Most of the time I can control my eating, but I have a very nasty habit of binging on the weekends. In fact, promising myself that I can eat junk later is usually how I manage to keep on track during the week.

I can feel myself working toward a Saturday binge already, but I still have 4 days to come up with an alternative.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #18  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

I ended day 6 with a binge.

11pm standing in the kitchen eating:

a tin or custard
rice pudding
150g chocolate
2 bowls of muesli

Why am I so stupid?

:-(
Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #19  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

4dreams, I always eat custard too...but I enjoy it. And you did 6 days, thats 6 days without binging, you should be proud

Today is the first time in ages that I haven't lost it...woohoo.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #20  
Jools

Thanks Lauren and congratulations for staying in control!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 170lbs/170lbs/130lbs

Height: 5"5

Northgirl - you will make it to Saturday and not give in!!! Maybe go somewhere or do something where food is not readily available ons Sat? Or start the day with some fantastic excersise that really takes it out of you, and makes you proud, to start your day off well Good luck, remember we are here for you!

Im scared...11 hour shift at work tomorrow, starting at 9.....its so hard because there is no food available (except for dry museli..and if i give in to a bowl of that, i want more and more food and gert frustrated knowing i have nothing to binge on til 8.....work is a hard time!!).
Old 12-16-2008, 03:31 PM   #22  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Day 8... I'm doing good. I even bought some sugar free pudding just in case I feel the urge. I've been having good size portions. Instead of eating potato chips out of the bag or something I pour a bowl. Not a big bowl either, just a regular size cereal bowl. I don't fill it all the way, and I eat slowly. Usually by the time I'm done I don't want more. I find if I eat slower than when I'm done I don't want more. ^_^
Old 12-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Day 2.. and I'm doing allright. Although I'm famished and we don't really have much food in the house

And another part of why it's so hard to lose weight is some new research is showing that fat cells also release hormones that make us want to eat more... so the more fat there is, the more we want to eat.
It is sooooo true that the hardest fight is our own bodies!!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 07:40 PM   #24  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Day 2 for me as well, & that's not a very long time, but I'm happy to say I haven't binged. I relate to the not having much food in the house tdiprincess, but I'm coping with the food we do have, & hoping I have the money to get some more.

Migoto: Keep it up sis! 8 days & going strong! Just remember the you you want to be, & your goals for the future; I always find those thoughts to be good motivators.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #25  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I did something awful this morning. I actually unwrapped some xmas chocs I had bought for a friend and ate the lot. It was stupid and I clearly wasnt thinking straight and now I feel physically awful, ugh, so I probably wont eat alot today.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #26  
Jools

Don't beat yourself up Spoz- we are all here because we have done things like that. One day at time

Got through yesterday OK which is progress as one binge can trigger a 24 hour food fest.

Best wishes to all.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie View Post
It's such a bad cycle...I eat because I'm depressed I'm overweight, which makes me even more depressed...and there's only one way out - I know - STOP BINGING AND LOSE WEIGHT - but the control of the food is sooo much stronger. Hopefully this week!!

I know what you mean, Blondie. I'm depressed by my job so I eat, which makes me fat, which makes me more depressed. I feel your pain!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/161/148 lowest weight 142

I'm on day 2 after a crash and burn earlier in the week.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #29  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Day eight... I didn't eat as well as I had wanted yesterday. I didn't go off and binge either though. I'm sorta 50/50 on being happy. I'm happy I didn't binge, but I'm not happy that I didn't eat so good. Anyways, Good luck everyone!

Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 170lbs/170lbs/130lbs

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northgirl View Post
I know what you mean, Blondie. I'm depressed by my job so I eat, which makes me fat, which makes me more depressed. I feel your pain!
You know what, I have tried university away from home, full time office work, part time shop work, bar work, Univeristy at home, being unemployed 9the worst - too much time to sit around and think about things!), living with parents and living with a friend...and you know what? Each time i hated them all!!!!! I began to realise the more I did, the more it wasn't about the things I was doing...it's about me being unhappy inside, and its so superficial but its because of the way I look! I know if I was slimmer, I would be soo happy! But the bingeing....arrrrgh, there are no upsides to bingeing!! None! Yet there could be so many if I stopped. What I'm saying is, i think its this eating that's making us think we are unhappy with things in our lives maybe??? Buttt at the same time I hate changing things because its so awkward for me because i FEEL so awkward!!!!

It's nearing the end of day 3 for me..i actually was going to binge about half an hour ago - put some toast in the toaster (ultimte comfort food! and of course left the bread out for my 3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th slices) and sat down at my computer ready to order food, but then thought of this forum! I ate the 2 slices of toast and I am good, don't want to eat any more!!
Closed Thread