Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #1  

Default I am running out of ideas

I am trying SO hard but this just isn't working anymore. I have been trying to lose weight...for literally 7 years. I have went up an down on the scale and I am still here, not at my goal weight and binge eating on and off all the time. I am fed up. I have tried almost EVERYTHING! I have been on paxil, celexa and wellbutrin, I write in my journal when I feel the need to binge....I read up on self help tips..nothing is working. The thing is, once I get in the mind frame I CAN stop over eating. I went 6 months on a healthy diet all on my own. However, I have relapsed 8 times in the past month after 6 months of perfection. I went a day back on my healthy eating plan, then went right back to binge eating. I have done this for 7 years and I am clearly NOT able to deal with this anymore. Does anyone have any self help ideas? Any techniques they use in therapy or rehab to help?? I need advice. I know WHY I eat but sometimes I am so sick of trying to not binge every single day of my life so I give up.
starlight66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

First of all, stop beating yourself up. It is hard to make changes over night. There is no time like the present to pick your life back up again and give it another go. Sounds like you need a new diet plan. "Diet" is such a filthy word. I researched very carefully something that wouldn't be too high maintenance, but that I would have to stay accountable. Weight Watchers was perfect for me. I am on the flex program. I have never stepped foot in their office and decided to do it on my own. I write down what I eat every day. Nothing slips passed me. I stopped feeling guilty about eating carbs. I was an Atkins yo-yoer. It is a completely different mindset on WW. I also began to go walking every day. This was a great way to ease into my new lifestyle. I have dropped four dress sizes in three months. Just realize it takes a little while to see those results. Surround yourself with positive people who will support you. I get on this website every day to read inspirational stories or just be there for anyone who is fed up with staying the course. You can do this!
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #3  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Ok well hormones can have alot to do with it so maybe if you notice that you do well sometimes, see where you are in regards to where you're at in your cycle, there may be some correlation.

Also, I have read that eating enough calories during the daytime helps control night eating and I've tried it, it does help. What also helps me is to leave a very yummy snack for the night time, something rich and creamy, like a pudding cup with a squirt of whipped cream from a can. It's about 110-150 cals but super satisfying. Looking forward to that treat is good reason to keep the calories under control for me.

I have to say the first few days on plan are hard to get adjusted to so when I fall off plan I know I have to go back through that adjustment phase again. If I can make it a few days, I get past the urge to splurge and don't feel hungry on the reduced calories.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote