Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #31  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Made it through Day 15. On to Day 16. Everything is going well so far today. Trying to figure out what I want for dinner.

Tina--I don't know what to get myself this time around. I was thinking of getting a shirt from this place: www.shopunitee.com They are unisex so I will get the large but I know that it won't fit right away. I just like the concept behind the shirts.

Heather--LOL. I guess it will be a lovefest here because you're my hero for losing 104 lbs.

Tracy--Love that quote. I plan on making an inspiration scrapbook. A cross between journaling, pictures,inspiring quotes and poems that I love. I might have to steal that quote.

whitlockdj--You can use a pair of clothing that doesn't quite fit right now to help you gauge if you are losing weight.

Last edited by Shay; 03-06-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #32  

Hi all,

Just letting you know I am still alive... I've been sick for a long time now and I just can't seem to shake it. I think I have been stressing out too much over a lot of things. Needless to say I haven't been on the band wagon of not binging for quite some time. I haven't really been eating much so when I feel as though I will keep it down I stuff myself.

I think I am getting better slowly I feel as though I just have a terrible flu at the moment so hopefully I can shake that and get back to myself again. I should have posted sooner but I feel as though I just repeat myself over and over about certain things and I don't want to get on anyone's nerves especially considering a lot of it has nothing to do with not binging or binging as the case may be...

Anyhows I did read over the last few posts and hope that everyone can hang in there and keep up the great work that we all have in us.

Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things soon enough.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Argh, it's been really hard for me to keep up with the thread this week, too much school and work junk going on, my head explodes daily! I think about you ladies, though, and I've been reading faithfully. I apologize for not responding to everyone!

Ash, glad to see you! I was just thinking about you and wondering where you disappeared to... hope you're feeling better!

Shay, I'm so impressed! Day 15.. wow! I think it does get easier when you get to that point because you know you're on a streak and you start to see and feel the results. Keep up the great work, I'm proud of you.

Whitlock, glad you joined! Keep up the good work!

Tina, congrats on day 11! Hope your daughter is feeling better- strep, ugh, that's always a nightmare.

Birgit, yes, we're indeed going through the same thing. I'm sorry the weather yesterday prevented you from your exercise. *shakes fist at sky* I am SO over winter, are you? How are you doing these days? Everything okay?

Day 3 here. Still peeved for getting sooooooooo close to a month and blowing it. And totally nervous about going home for spring break again and not having access to a gym. My mom has a crappy treadmill so I'll just have to make that work, I guess.

Hope you're all doing well!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #34  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Sorry - no time today... but just wanted to reinforce for myself publicly: this is Day 11 for me. I can do this, I am doing this. I MUST keep doing this.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

Tina- I'll let you know. I'm a little nervous also because I haven't been able to get a hold of the lady...I know where and when, but just wish I could talk to someone first. I'm going to try to call again today.
Shay-I just love that quote feel free to steal it.
Today is day 5 for me. I'm still pumped at this point, and usually will be for at least the first month. Its when the weight loss slows down, I get discouraged, and want to binge. I really think something has "clicked" this time, and its going to be for good! And this time, I'm doing it right, eating right, getting lots and lots of support from here, the doc, and hopefully OA.
Everyone have a great day!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #36  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies Well yesterday was pretty hard for me. Mattie and I ended up making cookies out of her new cookbook, she ate 1 and I ate 6! I had 3 right when they were done, and then 3 later in the day. I still stayed within my calorie range so I'm not counting in as a break in my abstinence, but I shouldn't of done that. They are out of my house now...the kids had some yesterday, and I sent the rest to work with my husband! I was in a foul mood yesterday, and I know that is why I ate those. The kids were just driving me insane. I need my quiet afternoons back. This is two weeks of kids being home sick! Madison is feeling much better though and going back to school today. I don't know who is more excited her or I!LOL! I never made the gym yesterday, but I did workout at home for an hour. I feel much better this morning though, and I'm hoping a quiet afternoon will help my mood even more. I have some more cleaning to do. Not much going on this weekend. My SIL and BIL were supposed to come over, but their sick, so that probably won't happen. A nice chill weekend sounds good to me though Hope your all having a fantastic Friday~

Shay- I love those shirts...I may have to order one for myself! I like the one that says "Enjoy the journey" Have a great weekend~

Ash- Feel better soon

Dana- Have a nice visit home...hey a crappy treadmill is better then nothing at all Have a great time~

Heather- Hooray day 11! Keep it up girl

Tracy- I hope your able to get in contact with the person. If not though don't let that discourage you from going. Maybe you can get there a few min. early and talk with her? I'm glad your doing so well, and I tell ya these meetings will just help you even more, so do it for yourself I'll check in this weekend to see how it went for ya Don't be nervous though...this is all good~

Birgit- Have a great weekend...hope everything is going good for ya~
Old 03-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #37  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing OK - but it's been busy at work so I haven't found much time to post. Still trying to catch up from having been away for nearly a week last week, and preparing for being a way most of the week next week. Ugh!

Ash, it's good to see you, Girl. So sorry you're not feeling well - hope you're better soon.

Tracey, I'm glad you've made the decision to go to an OA meeting - you won't regret it. And if for some strange reason you find yourself feeling uncomfortable at your first meeting, keep on going and try finding other meeting places/times. Each one has a different "feel" to it You're bound to find one that feels right to you.

Whitlock - great going. Glad you're making good decisions.

Dana, hey - stop beating yourself up! You made it to almost a month, and now you're on Day 3 with a little break inbetween. You're doing fantastic - give yourself a little credit, por favor! Remember - progress, not perfection. Good luck at your Mom's... (I'm impressed that you're even thinking about her treadmill. I'd be just baggin' it.)

Those of you who are little binge-fee machines (you know who you are - CONGRATS! Keep on going, Girlies...

Ms. Kreutzer - now there's a nice German name for you. Welcome - glad you found us and we're more than happy to have you join our challenge.

It's an incredibly gorgeous day here today. Spring feels like it's working on springing. I've taken every possible opportunity to get out and walk. In fact, I think I'll get out and do that now rather than sit here on the computer - as fun as that is. Utlimately, walking is the healthier option, I think.

Hugs to you all -
Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #38  
Heather 2.0

Crap. Didn't make it through the day... agreed to meet family for lunch - had dessert - finished my niece's dessert - then ate a piece of cheesecake and a bunch of cookies... didn't even keep count. Feeling a little bit sick and stopping RIGHT NOW.

Tomorrow will, once again, be day one. DAY ONE.

Hang in there folks...

Heather
Old 03-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #39  
Red Team Member

((((Hugs Heather)))) Don't beat yourself up over this though! Pick up and move on. We all slip up....hang tight girl tomorrow is a whole new day
Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #40  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

I ordered girl scouts cookies a month ago. They came back today!! Slipped up today and ate one row of S'mores and some Thin Mints lol. I had been doing great all week and earlier today before they came in. I'm still within my calorie range and I did get a 15 minute run in today, so hopefully it won't be that bad. I DIDN'T get on the scale because it would be discouraging to see if I gained anything. so I'm still a work in progress.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #41  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

whoo hoo, down 5lbs! well i did get on the scale this morning even though i binged on girls scout cookies (but still within my range of calories) and i still lost! this calorie counting thing does work! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #42  
Heather 2.0

Thanks Tina, I REALLY appreciate it. Today is, as promised, Day One. A new day. A new start. I don't feel terrible, so that alone is a great sign of a step forward. Eating like that has consequences... I can face them, and move on.

whitlockdj - that's great news! Way to go!
Old 03-08-2008, 11:05 AM   #43  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies~ I'm just popping in to say Hi this morning We're taking the kids to the Museum of Science and Industry today. We became members a few months back and haven't been in a while, so thought that would be a nice day out for all of us. They have a new glass blowing exhabit that I'm super excited to see. I love that stuff...I just think it's so cool! Yesterday was way better then Thursday. Kev took the rest of the cookies to work with him, and I ate well the whole day. I didn't get in as much exercise as I wanted, but I did do some weights and ab work last night. A Super Wal-Mart just opened yesterday 3 min. away from my house, so needless to say I HAD to check it out!LOL! It was really nice, and will be even nicer when it's not the grand opening and packed So that is what is going on with me today. Hope you all have a fantastic day~

Heather- Good for you...there is no need to feel terrible. I mean what does that do, but lead to more binges! I'm really proud of you! Have a great day hun~

whitlockdj- Congrats on the loss...that is fantastic Have a wonderful day~

Have a great day ladies
Old 03-08-2008, 12:22 PM   #44  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Heather--WTG on getting back on your feet w/o looking back!

Ashory--Good to "see" you again.

Well today is Day 18. I was really pushing the limits last night but made it through. I will order my t-shirt today. It seemed to help to already have purchased the reward to ensure that I made it last time. I figured I would do it again. Although I take it a moment at a time looking forward a bit does help. I really need to spend some time reading my IE book because I know that will help.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #45  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Shay, that is great. Have fun ordering your shirt - it'll look great on you, I'm sure.

Tina, sounds like you have a fun day planned. Glad you're back on track. Good move, getting those cookies out of the house. Let someone else's office mates struggle with them...

Heather, you blipped. But it doesn't sound like you're allowing it to affect you for long. Good for you for climbing right back on that wagon and moving on with your eating plan. You're doing great.

Whitlock - 5#s down - WHOOHOO!!! Now get the rest of those GS cookies out of the house before they sabotage your efforts again. They are dangerous, Sweetie!

I'm doing well here - although we are once again in the midst of a "wintry mix" day (read ice storm). The world is once again glazed in ice and it's treacherous to be outdoors. I've decided to give up on my plans to get a whole bunch of errands done and am just hunkering down with my dog, my cat and my Honey - all nice and cozy in our warm home. We're making it a day that's all about comfort. Can't beat that, huh?

Best wishes to all of you --
Closed Thread