Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #16  
Ashley

S/C/G: 172/163/140

Height: 5'6

I want to join the binge free challenge, this is where I think I struggle most. I will be starting a day late, but I haven't binged today - and I will hold for the day after. Let the games begin!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 AM   #17  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning all - Day 9 for me. Feeling great

How ya'll doing?

Heather
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #18  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Good morning ladies~ I made it through day 9. I had a great day yesterday. I ate really well, and I got in a good cardio workout Tonight is my 3rd OA meeting. I'm starting to really look forward to them. They really help to keep me focused. I love listening and sharing with the ladies in my meeting. Although this is only my 3rd one I've left them feeling great so far. I'm taking Madison to the doctor this afternoon. She just seems to be getting worse. Have a wonderful day~

Heather- Great job...keep it going

Ashley- Welcome...great group of girls here.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #19  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Ashley, WELCOME! You are on your way - glad you are here.

Heather, day 9 is FANTASTIC. Way to go...

Startanew, it certainly sounds to me like you're eating enough and that you're getting good nutrition. You're right, with 3 meals and 2 snacks you probably shouldn't be hungry. All of that being the case, I really think that you might need to put your energy into adjusting your brain to register "not stuffed" as "comfortable," rather than "hungry." That may take a few weeks, I hate to tell ya. But it's absolutely crucial to binge-free success. Good luck - I'm here for you, Girl, and I have been there.

We're in the midst of a serious icestorm up here in VT. The world is spectacularly gorgeous with an inch-thick layer of ice on absolutely everything. Treacherous going, though. Just to get from my front door to the garage I had to strap on my crampons in order to not risk my tush. No question of walking to work today... Luckily VT is pretty fanatical about keeping the roads clear and treated, so driving is relatively safe. But I'm pretty bummed that I still can't walk to work, which means I'm not exercising. Hopefully tomorrow... On the plus side, my eating for the rest of the day yesterday and so far today has been fine. So I've got THAT going for me...

Have a good healthy day, Everyone -
Old 03-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #20  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Tina, that's awesome! I am soooo glad that you're finding the OA meetings helpful - I just knew you would.

Hope your daughter is better soon! Hugs,
Old 03-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #21  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Hi all! so far no binges! I'm starting to count my calories..(even though the snack section is still out in the open) im gonna stay strong...im eating well and going to the gym after work! keep up the good work ladies!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #22  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone,
Welcome to all the newbies!

Well I am on Day 15 today. Day 13 and 14 weren't as rough as 11 and 12 but still a bit tough. I can not think of the last time I have gone this long without bingeing. Maybe a few years ago when I lost a lot of weight. I think once I get through another week it will be a little bit smoother (is that a word?).
Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!
Birgit-Yeah I think your right.But I'm feeling better about this everyday, and I've lost another 2lbs, so that will keep me going!

I'm not nearly as hungry today, more energetic, and SO excited about eating healthy and feeling better! Today I feel like I'm on some sort of natural high! Its wonderful!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #24  
Red Team Member

Birgit- I love when it snows here and I can just sit inside and watch it, but if I have to go outside in it I HATE IT! I can't stand driving in any kind of weather, but dry weather!LOL! Great job on the eating...keep it up girl~

whitlockdj-Great attitude...you can do this

Shay- Wow your doing so good Shay...keep it up! Please tell me it just gets easier and easier!LOL! No I find it's kinda easier as the days pass. When I get those urges, I've been trying to find something to keep me busy. Like right now I have the urge to just eat, but I'm not sure what so I came to the computer to type you all Keep up your hard work, and start thinking about what your next reward will be beacause your getting close

startanew- Glad your feeling better today. That first day is always a rough one. Stay strong~
Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #25  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning!

How's everyone today? The end of another week is creeping up on us...

Tina - you must be on Day 11, since I am on Day 10? We are strong and healthy and smart and making good choices! How was your third meeting?

Shay, you're my hero - can I be you when I grow up? You're doing so well!!

Waiting to hear how well everyone else is doing, and sending good vibes of strength out into your world!

Heather
Old 03-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #26  
Red Team Member

Good morning ladies~ I made it through day 10 and I'm onto day 11...I can't believe I've not binged in 10 days. That is a new record for me. Not to say I haven't had the urge a few times, but I try to grab some OA reading, or come on the computer when I feel a urge to binge. Last night was my 3rd meeting. It went really well...I feel so good when I leave them. I even was put in charge as secretary for a while. They were commenting on how organized I was and asked, so I said sure It feels good to be finding my place though in the group. I had a great workout at home yesterday and my eating and water were both OP! I feel so strong. For once I'm not obsessed with the scale and wether I loose a pound or not. I know I'm eating good and working out regular, and my body feels good. That is all I need right now. I don't need the number on a scale to define me anymore. My clothes feel looser and my body feels stronger and that is great! I've been obsessed with the scale every since I got it 6 yrs ago. I feel a kind of freedom from it now. I just hop on it once a week and what it says does not determine how I feel anymore. I mean don't get me wrong it's great to see a loss, but if it stays the same or for some reason goes up a bit I don't get down on myself like I used to which always led to a binge. I finally feel like I'm moving in the right direction. I took my daughter to the doctor yesterday and come to find out she has strep. So she is home again with me today, but I have to say she looks much better, and she said she is feeling a lot better. Hopefully by the weekend she'll be good and able to enjoy some of her new toys she got for her b-day. Today her and I are going to try a recipe out of her new cookbook I'm going to the gym today for my cardio, but other then that not much happening. Hope your all having a wonderful week!

startanew- Your baby is beautiful...those eyes are to die for

Heather- Yep I'm on day 11...doesn't it feel great to have gone this long without a binge?!? We can do this My meeting went really well, thank you for asking. I'm really enjoying them and finding them helpful!

I'll come back later to check in with everyone else~
Old 03-06-2008, 10:19 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Morning everyone! Today is day 4 for me, and it feels great. Yesterday I got this huge burst of energy-haven't had that happen if forever. I've been binging on junk food for years, no wonder I feel so tired and cranky all the time!

Tina- thanks, I'm hoping they stay blue, my other 2 have green eyes.
It sounds like your doing great, I know what you mean about being obsessed with the scale! Its so hard to resist the urge to go check.
My first oa meeting is Sat, and I'm starting to get really nervous, having doubts, but I keep telling myself, I have to at least try!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #28  
Red Team Member

Tracy- I tell ya what I was so nervous my first meeting...I had my SIL go with me!LOL! I was put to ease the instant I walked into the meeting though. The people we're so nice, and I realized they are here for the same exact reason as me...to get help! I was very skeptic to go, but I tell ya what I'm loving them. Every week I look forward to Wednesday's Like you said though you have to give it a try...that is the least you owe yourself. I think you'll find though it to be a very good thing. You can do this hun...and you've already taken a huge step by commiting to going to your first meeting! Let me know how it goes~
Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #29  
A New Me!

S/C/G: 230/213/190

i know the week is nearly over, but I want to join this challenge! I will extend my challenge through next thursday! Way to go everyone!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #30  
Journey to New Self!

S/C/G: 287/272/268

Hey ladies I havent been in this group for long so I've been resisting binges for about 3 days. Its hard, but my body feel better. More energy, clearer mind to prioritze..etc. This group helps a lot because the most tempting thing where I'd credit a lot of my binges was the snack area at work. Now when I have a binge I'll just log on and post something. I brought some low fat yogurt with me to work today and have been snacking on that in between meals (which was only lunch).

Tina30-Im glad you posted about your ordeals with the scale. Im actually in the boat you were in. If I don't see progress when I step on the scale I get a little discouraged, and right now it is the only tool I know to account for whether or not I'm losing weight. Its good you put that spin on it. I'm new to dieting the RIGHT way, so it helps to here other peoples experiences.

Everyone else keep it up. I know we can do it! I can't believe I went this long with no candy bar from the snack area!!
Closed Thread