Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/150/136

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello, new binger here

Hello, I'm new and can't believe I found this forum! My biggest problems are my binges. I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I feel like if a package is open, it has to all be eaten at once. The other day I bought a fun-pack of Reese cups hearts for Valentine's Day for me and my kids to share. There were 38 in the bag. I probably ate 30 of them within a 24 hour period. I felt so very, very sick. But continued eating them.

I also drank 5-6 Cokes yesterday. If I could quit this binging, my life would be dramatically improved. A year and a half ago, I lost 40 pounds. I've gained almost 10 back. No wonder! I can't just have a piece or 2 of pizza, it has to be eaten to the point of where I could throw up. I've never purged, don't ever plan on it, the thought has never crossed my mind.

I have a few Cokes left in the fridge and I am seriously considering dumping them down the drain.

Nice to be here!
queenofthehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #2  

Get it all out of the house!! For me, I just had to remove anything I could binge on until I could begin to control myself -- there are still some foods that just can't come in!! My poor son -- I would buy a school snack on Sunday for him to take every day -- Monday he would have one and that night I would finish them all. So, to say I was buying stuff for them was a big fib -- they rarely got much of anything. Look around, there are a lot of good tips on this site for controlling your binges. Good luck.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

I have certain trigger foods, I cant have them in the house and I strongly doubt i ever will. I dont think us comfort eaters/bingers really truly stop binging but i think we can learn what our triggers and become in control of it rather than the binges being in charge of me!!
For me its any savoury snacks, potato chips, peanuts, anything like that. It just doesnt come in the house because I cant leave it alone! Welcome by the way!! you will find so so much support here!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I cannot have sweets (mainly cakes and ice cream) in the house, I had a box of ice cream sandwhiches I was going to fit into my calorie allowance and eat one per day. I ended up eating the whole box the night I brought it home. I've been treating myself with foods I can handle, I bought a box of hot pockets and will occasionally eat one as a treat (if it's fitted into my daily calorie allowance). I can handle having a box of hot pockets in the house without thinking about it all the time. Cakes and ice cream in the house keep me up at night, I cannot relax until I've eaten the whole thing.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthehouse View Post
I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I feel like if a package is open, it has to all be eaten at once.
I feel the EXACT same way!

For me it is a compulsion to finish it all & in a hurry.
In fact I've almost choked before because I was eating so fast
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/225/140

Height: 5'4"

i have the same exact problem. i cant really give you much advice becuase im still battleing it myself. but i have made it a little less often by not having anything like that in the house...unfortunatly, i cant control what my bf buys for the house
mxpxgirl2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #7  
One day at a time ...

S/C/G: 185/162.2/125

Height: 5'4"

I have the same problem. I feel like if I eat it all, it WILL be out of the house. I almost never just throw something away, although I think about it. I just hate the thought of wasting food and the money it took to buy it. Then we go and buy something again that is a trigger food for me and the same thing happens. *sigh*
BeachMama is offline   Reply With Quote