Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #61  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Absolutely. One day isn't gonna hurt in the long run (as I am reminding myself, after messing yesterday up and coming here to confess!). We know deep down that takes more than that to put even a pound of real fat. Water will go. And just look how much you've lost! The ticker says it all, girl, you're succeeding, you are winning!
Old 11-13-2007, 12:18 PM   #62  
Mabs

S/C/G: 285

Height: 5-3

Im to emotinal I think lol. Today is just Tuesday & its already been a very stressful week & has caused me to binge way to much. But I have always been an emotinal eater & I am one of those people that find comfort in food even if its just for a few moments. Hopefully 1 day I will be able to put a stop to it but because I havent so far I must walk an extra 2 miles today lol
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

A couple days ago...

I had a really crappy night food-wise. I was craving one of those cheap noodle packets, so I made one with cheese and olives (about 500 calories).

Then I went into binge mode, and ate lots of fruit, two coconut cookies, and finally almost an entire bag of raw baker's almond slivers.

I am planning a 100% OP day today
Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #64  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Penelope!
I seem to have had a weakness for those awful noodle packets too! I don't know why but they would send me into binge mode. Almost every time I'd have one, I'd have two and then that was just the start! I can't keep them at my house, along with KD, and normal spaghetti. I can't even think of putting them in the grocery cart. It's got to be that whole grain organic noodles or nothing.
I don't know if anyone else is like this but I find if I eat in other company, I can keep my self in control, but once I'm on my own it takes every fibre of my being to eat a normal and healthy amount of food.
Sometimes I wonder if there will be a time I'm not completely obssessed with my bloody food issues.

Last edited by greeneggsandtam; 11-15-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #65  

greeneggsandtam - A few years ago, when I was in an entirely different place in my life then I am now (relationship, body, work, living arrangement), I think those noodle packets were actually a comfort food I'm glad to hear that you have found something that works for you.
"I don't know if anyone else is like this but I find if I eat in other company, I can keep my self in control, but once I'm on my own it takes every fibre of my being to eat a normal and healthy amount of food." You could have taken those words right out of my mouth! I completely understand what you mean.
"Sometimes I wonder if there will be a time I'm not completely obsessed with my bloody food issues." You are so not alone. I feel the exact same way.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 PM   #66  

Angry

Today...
A whole bag of snack mix (the one with the Doritos, cheese sticks, Sun chips and Rold Gold pretzels)

Being alone at the house is not good for me. BUT...I have a new guideline set up. NO snacking while alone. Three healthy meals a day of around 300 calories, and I am allowed to snack on fruits and vegetables ONLY if there is someone else in the house with me.

I am also getting a bathroom scale, so that I can weigh myself and be motivated by a loss. I can do this!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #67  
Geek and like it.

sounds like a plan! what kind of scale do you want? i much prefer digital to dial cos dials waver and that drives me nuts. i too, never over-eat in front of people - unless you count formal hall, when i'll eat the three courses, but everyone around me is drunk anyway
Old 11-16-2007, 10:53 AM   #68  

Hey me23,

I absolutely want a digital one. I agree with you about the needle ones.

It doesn't help if everyone around you is drunk and overeating, either. But being around other people is still my best excuse to NOT overeat

Have a good day!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:03 AM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_a_dreamy1 View Post
Today...
A whole bag of snack mix (the one with the Doritos, cheese sticks, Sun chips and Rold Gold pretzels)

Being alone at the house is not good for me. BUT...I have a new guideline set up. NO snacking while alone. Three healthy meals a day of around 300 calories, and I am allowed to snack on fruits and vegetables ONLY if there is someone else in the house with me.

I am also getting a bathroom scale, so that I can weigh myself and be motivated by a loss. I can do this!
Oh man the Munchies snack mix? That stuff is the devil, I always manage to eat the whole bag in a day, so I refuse to buy it.

I just did something similiar. All the chip type stuff (Doritos, Cheetos, corn chips) kills me. I can't seem to stop myself from buying it, so I decided to at least buy those snack pack things that come in the small portion bags. Usually that works for me, but I just manage to eat about 7 of them in the past hour or so, and I had a couple bags earlier in the day as well. I really need to find some type of healthier snack to ease cravings.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:39 PM   #70  
From Hell to Well

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5"6'

Uch... actually having a normal amount of calories for an entire day in one sitting... and then not eating or eating less than 500 calories for 2-4 days afterwards... and eating nothing but crap on a consistent basis.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #71  

razz44 - I'm the opposite with snack packs. I can have one and be fine with leaving the rest alone. But if it's in a big bag - not so great at stopping!

Back when I was losing and really fueled up to keep going, I used to tell myself that the food that I shouldn't be eating was not food at all. Technically, it really isn't...your body doesn't need it to survive, and nutrition-wise, it doesn't offer you much of anything. I'm going to start using that mantra again...
Old 11-19-2007, 01:10 PM   #72  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

ok i am NOT proud of yesterday at all. i was just in auto pilot.
5 big *** low fat chocolate chip cookies from whole foods bkery
entire bag of soy chips
2 apples
bag of frozen strawberries with vanilla creamer for sauce. hey the creamer was sugar free at least.
6 sugar free fudge pops
container of fat free fake shrimp on top of a box of herb salad
the kitchen sink
bag of pirates booty
big *** egg white omelet w container of mushrooms
whole vine of cherry tomatoes
1 small bag chex mix
and for dessert, one diet sprite

JEEEZZZ. i swear i was a competitive eater in a formal life. and the truth is,i would not be so upset if it wasn't the "compulsion" that drove me. if i felt like i was just really hungry for those things, and ate calmly (and in front of others) then it would not bother me. but it was done in a frenzy, in a daze, while reading, i would NOT have done it had i not been alone ya know? i didn't even wanna post it here. but that is when i need to post all the more so...some days i'm so "normal" and dont really feel that urge...and then i think ok great i can be normal and go to the grocery store and keep the food around my apartment. and bam. it hits me...i think oh go eat it will make you feel better.

shame. ok so now, i have decided that i have every right to just be a "lazy" bachelorette and not grocery shop if i dont want to. and go get one thing at a time, small servings, go to restaurants, salad bars, pay $20 for an apple if that is what i want...but no more big food shopping, i just can't keep it around my apt if i'm alone.

and did i mention that i teach aerobics on the side in addition to my desk job. i feel like such a f**ing phony sometimes....and i'm a good teacher too. that is the crazy part. i wish i could just eat normally....

ok end of rant. thanks for listening and hope yall are having a better monday than me

so to sum my 2 new "rules":
no more big grocery store trips
every day i dont binge i buy myself something non-food related: slutty clothes, manicure, new book, magazine, anything really
Old 11-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #73  
Geek and like it.

Oh mdl, that post was so familiar to me. I hate that 'daze' feeling when you don't even appreciate what you're eating. I'm a bachelorette too (in college) and I say it's totally ok to not stock up on groceries and buy in smaller amounts. I know other girls who do the same. It's more expensive, but I'm gonna be in student debt when I graduate anyway, so what the heck? lol. sending good vibes...
Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #74  
mdl
whole foods bakery queen

hey jude,
thanks girl! it is true...part of me feels like i'm not a responsible "female" if i dont have a stocked kitchen. like its my damn job in life to keep my fridge stocked for the prince charming to see when he comes over and sees a stocked pantry. STUPIDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

most of my male friends dont grocery shop. they just dont care. if they are hungry they go get something for that meal/snack/whatever and thats it. they dont give a damn if they dont have any bread in their house.

had a much better day today food wise. thank goodness. next time i feel this jekyll n hyde stuff i will just try to slow down and reach out to someone!!

would love to hear updates from yall
Old 11-19-2007, 11:16 PM   #75  

Thumbs up

mdl - Please do! I've found that just talking to someone or hanging out on these forums can be a tremendous help.

Sending lots of !
Closed Thread