Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Default Weekly Chat July 30th Start *WARNING* Trigger Foods Mentioned!*

Hey guys!

Thought we could have a nice place for 'general' chat. Anything and everything is welcome here, binge related or anything else you want to talk about.

Everyone is free to post away, newbies are encouraged to jump right in and say hello!

Some posts may contain references to specific foods or activities that some people may find triggering.

Here we go!
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  

I had a bit of a hard day today, just been having what feels like one long and constant craving!

My mind is reminding me of all the foods I didn't have 'one last' bit of. I'm having to remind myself that it isn't the end of the world if I don't eat these things again, and that it isn't the last chance ever. I can always change my mind later.

I've managed to keep busy today, but it is tiring to have constant intrusive thoughts about foods. Adverts are particularly bad at the moment - why do they have to have so many food adverts?!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #3  
More to love!

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi Odaat, thanks for starting this thread. Me and my big mouth will feel right at home here

I'm sorry you've been having a hard day today. It's crazy how some days can seem so easy and then the next day it feels like not eating would require superhuman willpower. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

I had a good day today. Although I didn't go for my daily walk (busy day), I spread my food intake over the day really well, didn't feel hungry, didn't crave anything, and am under my goal calories by 150 (my goal is 1700 though, so it's not that huge a feat

I hope everyone's doing well. I'm browsing Amazon, trying to decide which book to read first. I'd like a good book about overeating and hesitate between Gillian Riley and Geneen Roth... so if anyone has a tip, please share

Last edited by cuddlzandhugz; 07-31-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling
cuddlzandhugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #4  

Gillian Riley, Eating Less - Say Goodbye To Overeating, PLEASE read that.

Geneen Roth is a bit of a vague, touchy-feely type.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #5  

Feel much better after dinner, so I think my body needed something. Glad I resisted cravings and stuck to my plan.

I've not read any books about weightloss, I've tried self-help books for everything else and not had that much success. I've got some Overeaters Anonymous material, so hoping that'll be the stuff for me.

CousinRockingChair - Is Emily your name? I'm awful with names, hope I got that right! Not seen/heard from you for a while, how are you finding things at the moment?

33 days done today, I think I'll go and get in bed before I start getting cravings again!

Hope everyone has a nice evening/night.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #6  
More to love!

Great, thanks for the tip
I've put it in my shopping basket, along with Linda Spangle's "Life is Hard, Food is Easy".
Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlzandhugz View Post
Great, thanks for the tip
I've put it in my shopping basket, along with Linda Spangle's "Life is Hard, Food is Easy".
Let us know how you get on with them, I might get a few books once I cleared the stack I've got to read now. I'm currently on chapter 7 of the new Harry Potter book. Can't say its helping the diet, but its a good read!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:06 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

General Overeatbinge Chicks in Control Chat ROCKS! Bring on my Stud-Bud: Tx ODAAT!

I'm feeling invigorated but still 1/2 sick . . . I'm nearing the end of HP Book 5 and am just enthralled (Started the series 1st week of July - vacay and loving them!)

Haven't read many books related to what I'm now viewing as my root cause problem of emotional eating made worse by menopause - but have been in Therapy. Making note of the mentioned books and would love to hear a review.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:25 PM   #9  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hello Ladies, I am a long time poster in the 3fc forums but first time in this section in quite some time. I am getting things back together in my life and food is something I struggle with for sure. I just wanted to jump right in with two feet and introduce myself!

Tonight starts my battle of the binge... My husband and I never get to see each other. He is a sports writer so often times spending time with him involves me going to some kind of game. I have developed a bad liking for concession stand picnics. Last night I must have eaten everything they sold there... I spend 20 bucks at the darn thing and with the avg item being 2 bucks I think you all know how much food that is. I am tired of having little to no control. I think realizing this behavior is the first step...

Anyway very nice to have found this forum and looking forward to talking with all of you ladies!

Last edited by Stephanie Osborne; 07-31-2007 at 07:35 PM.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:32 PM   #10  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Hi chicks!

It's been a week since my last binge. My boyfriend came home from work last Monday and mentioned pizza. That's all it took. We got one from Casey's. I started with 3 pieces and a big chocolate brownie. Then a few hours later had 2 more pieces of pizza. This put me over my goal, so with all lost, I was drawn to the kitchen in the middle of the night where I binged uncontrollably on everything in sight. As far as I could figure, I had up towards 4,500-5,000 calories that day. Insane. It was by far the most I'd had since I started dieting.

I don't know that I'd ever felt so bad about a binge before. I cut my calories in half the next 3 days and walked every night. When I weighed in on Friday, I was up .2 lb from the week before. I've had no desire to binge since then. I just don't think I can deal with that kind of disappointment in myself. I'm scared that will wear off though and I will give in to cravings and triggers.

Phew, feels good to post about it, I've had the emotions pretty bottled up all week.

Hope everyone is having a good week, stay strong!!

Last edited by JustSharing83; 08-01-2007 at 12:48 AM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 PM   #11  

Well, I'm new too! I've been lurking for a few days and have been doing some research the last couple of days regarding Binge Eating Disorder. I read about it in a magazine a couple of weeks ago and since then have been searching for all the info I can get.

I feel like I've found the name for what I've been dealing with my whole teen and adult life (I'm 48 now!!). It finally has a name and I am discovering that I'm not the only one who lies on my bed every night kicking and screaming for another day of binge eating and then hating myself. I'm finally facing it for what it is and realizing I'm not alone. Hallelujah!!

Just making this discovery has completely changed the last few days of my life. There is hope for the first time in a long time and comfort in finding others out there.

I've been searching different forums and different message boards and this one seems to be one where people are caring and listening to each other.

So here is my first post and my first binge free day in more years than I can count. God bless you all.

I'm also reading the Harry P books and am in the middle of book 6. They are a fun read and takes my mind from, well, you know.

Guin
Guindalf47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:27 AM   #12  
More to love!

Welcome to all the new posters

I'm pretty new myself, but seeing as I'm up, I'll play welcome committee:

I hope you all have a great day! Mine started off really well, as for my weekly weigh-in I am able to report a 4 lb loss vs last week
I even feel I can keep it up this time. No more fad diets, just sensible eating, listening to my body and feeding it healthy foods when it's hungry.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #13  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

hey everyone, hope you are all ok and in control.

I'm having one of those days where nothing and nobody can make me feel better, i just feel crap for no reason really and i get like that sometimes and i just have to wait till it passes.... the only weirdly good thing about this is that i know i won't binge when i feel like this, i go off my food when i feel depressed.

Does anyone ever have one of those days where you just feel disgusting?
leah_0600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:10 AM   #14  

Hi Leah -
Sorry you are feeling down I have lots of days like that - just can't shake that negative feeling. I know what you mean about nothing helping. Have you tried reading/walking/taking a bath? Those are things that can help me take my mind of it for a short while. One thing I always say to myself is "If I'm feeling rotton already, why making things worse by eating".

cuddlzandhugz -
Love all the smilies! I think I'll start using a few more, they brighten the place up don't they!! for a good weeks weightloss. Its nice to see the ticker moving down knowing that you are making healthy and sensible choices. Heres to another good week

Welcome Guindalf47
Let me know if I'm going overboard with the smilies, I've just discovered the 'more' button that brings up all of them! I remember the relief I felt when I found this forum. It was nice to feel that I had a valid problem that there was help for, whereas before I'd always felt like I was just greedy. Its liberating to know that other people understand what its like. The shame that has been lifted from my shoulders is wonderful! Looking forward to getting to know you on our journey!

Hi JustSharing83
Glad you feel a little better for opening it up. It seems the saying is true "A problem shared is a problem halved". I think as time goes on, we learn more about our cravings and binges, and it makes them easier to cope with. Have you explained the situation to your boyfriend? I know with my other half, I have to be very blunt and explain that I cannot deviate from my plan - otherwise he is always suggesting nice things (icecream the other day!) as he thinks he is being nice. Pizza is a problem for me - when he has the guys over, they always order a large pizza each. I keep a low fat pizza in the freezer for me, and ask them to put thier leftovers straight in the bin "so the kitchen doesn't smell". Hope you aren't feeling too bad - try to think of this as a learning experience, you can take something positive from this.

Hello stephiewilliams!
Nice to meet you! I can understand your trouble with concession stands. I've been binge free for 34 days, and it is wonderful to not have to think about food all the time. Before, where ever we'd go, the first thing I'd think was "what can I eat here"! I find that leaving my purse at home, and just having a card for emergencies helps me to avoid snacking when I'm out. I've got a trip to the zoo planned for this month, and I'm going to take lunch and some healthy nibbles with me to try and beat the cravings.

aud!!
I agree - chatting is brilliant! I've got a new mascot to go with your funky carrot:
Hope you are having a good day, enjoy the harry potter!

for everyone

I'm feeling much better today - I made a real effort to get out of bed earlier, which meant I had time to have breakfast. Often I sleep in so late, that I miss breakfast. I then have cereal for lunch and end up having cravings in the late afternoon. I must remember to be sensible and have a proper breakfast and a proper lunch everyday!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #15  

ODAAT-

Yes, Emily is my name! I just posted in the Support forum, unfort. :-( im having a bit of an Eurgh Day...thank you for asking how I am

I went on a family holiday last week, that was good. Only in Wales, but a decent change anyway!

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote