Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default BINGE FREE WEEK, July 16 Start

Hope no one minds if I start a new week? I'm essentially on Day One and ready to go!

Was inspired by RocknRoll being on Day 82! WTG!!! I Posted in last weeks chat - I have been what I call "self-medicating" with Comfort Carbs for months now and am ready to make a big change. Getting ready to shop for the things I need to make this changeover to a healthy woe/wol - then resting up for the night shift - won't get to bed til around 4am. OTC Estroven is at the top of the list - menopause is kicking my aud-butt!

Here's to having a Great Week All!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Thanks, I'm glad I can be some kind of inspiration to some of you! Its very flattering

I know this weight will be great!

I have also decided to challenge myself this week: I willl not weigh myself until Sunday! This will be very hard for me so I will have to check in often or chug water every morning so I won't want to weigh in! haha

Aud- comfort carbs... I know exactly what your talking about! I was in a huge cycle of comfort carbs before I FINALLY switched over to the healthy wol. Its a hard habit to break but its worth it!

Have a nice week everyone
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Heres to another binge free week!

I had a scary moment during the last week where I craved allsorts of bad things - drink, cigarettes and food - but managed to get through that craving. The way I see it, each craving is an opportunity to learn.

Today is Day 18 for me, and I will be getting weighed for the first time this week. Fingers crossed again!

Day 82 is fab, well done RocknRoll.

I'm also on day 234 without a drink!
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #4  

I'm in! Although I slipped up a bit last week, I didn't beat myself up as much as I sometimes do, so I think I'm improving. Thanks for these weeks - they really motivate me.
Kitten824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 PM   #5  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm ready for another binge-free week! Today was Day 15 of being binge-free for me! We can all do this!
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:56 AM   #6  
aud
lc lifestyle

Day One complete - bring on the dancing carrot! Didn't really have a "moment" - but still exhilerated!

RocknRoll: Did you have a moment of clarity or something - today would have been my Moms 84th B-day and since I was ready for a major change - thought this would be a good way to honor Moms memory. I'd love if you'd share your insights!

Congrats to ODAAT for giving up so many no-no's!

Shout Outs to kitten & greenT - Tx for being here!
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #7  

Aud- Congrats on one day down! As for a moment of clarity... it just sort of happened. I had been trying and trying to binge free. I would last seven days and then binge. I knew it was in me and no matter how well I ate i would always gain weight because of my binging.

Well, I hit my highest weight and thats when I knew I had to do something. My father is 5'10 and weighs 164 lbs. I am 5'6 and weighed 165. That was my moment.

Doing it in honor of your mother's memory is a terrific idea. Its really sweet and is such a great reason to do this.

Binging destroys us mentally and physically. Its harder than any other eating disorder I have had because no one see your pain. Everything is hidden... but hiding has to stop.

Here are a few things I did to stop binging:
1. Chew sugar free gum when I cook and when I am near the kitchen
2. Eliminate problem food alltogether. I no longer eat peanut butter and processed foods. My major binge before was two tubs of cool whip at a time. Yesterday was the first time I have had cool whip in 80 something days. I measured out 1 tbs, put the tub up, and enjoyed. It worked!
3. Create notecards:
i have a huge pile of notecards that has a bunch of activities on them. They range from play fetch with the dogs, make a collage, go on a run, wash my car, ect. I pick three and then choose one. It makes you get out of the kitchen and away from the food.
4. EAT IN FRONT OF PEOPLE! Don't hide anything!! Even if no one else sees you eat it, your body still eats it... hiding does nothing.

Its really hard the first 2 weeks. After 2 weeks its a breeze.

I wish you all luck and I realize that this is sort of long so I am sorry!!

to all of you!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #8  
aud
lc lifestyle

Tx for taking the time to share Rockn! Makes me realize that I need to identify my own set of triggers so I don't get trapped in the same ole same ole cycle and some strategies for when the inevitable urge strikes! I'm more a Let's Finsh The Entire Pot of Mashed Potatoes Binger or Gee, The Fudge is Great - Think I'll Eat The Whole Pan Binger. I'm sure that whatever the type Binger any of us are - the results of Self Loathing and Out of Control Feelings are the same?

I also know if feels GREAT to be here with those that understand - I'm psyhed to GET ON WITH IT and continue feeling so good to make some healthy changes!

Bring on the Dancing Carrot:

Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 AM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

Had a small moment and VANQUISHED it!
Old 07-18-2007, 12:39 PM   #10  

Awesome!!!

I had a small moment yesterday. It was a I NEED FOOD!!! moment. So I grabbed some celery and laughing cow cheese and ran away.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Rock On Rock On and ROCK ON!

My moment came as I passed the convenience stores I sometimes would stop at for the 3am ice cream munchies - munchies meaning 4-6 ice cream sandwiches etc. I've got my pantry/fridge stocked with OP foods and so I thought to myself - "Self, if you are still hungry when you get home, you can knock yourself out with some OP yummies."

So glad today that Self is listening!
Old 07-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

Passed up a chili dog party at work - normally I would have stayed and had 1-2 (or 3-4)
Old 07-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

Soooooooo, had a Crazy Stressful nite at work last nite - crazed on so many levels and in so many areas. (I represent 240 folks) . . . thought I handled it all pretty well - walked away from a lot of no win situations (literally - the area is HUGE) and also cont'd to pound down water.)

Groovy, right?

Found myself in front of the fridge and then the cupboard just staring @ 5am!

Old habits die hard, eh? Almost like I was in a trance!

Drank a glass of water and went to bed - feel amazing today for my effort.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Don't know what happened yesterday, but I couldn't not stop thinking about food. Managed to reassure myself that it was just a craving and it would pass, but it took its time! I managed to distract myself and didn't eat - feel much better for it today.

I also coped with a dissappointing weigh-in earlier in the week, usually I would use that as an excuse to over-eat, but I stayed strong.

Day 23 today!
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:26 AM   #15  

Great job girls!

I had an awesome LONG post written out last night and my wireless connection timed out and I lost it all! I have no idea what it said... Normally when I type i just zone out and all these weird words flow onto the screen. ITs a good thing because I can zone out and an hour later have a three page paper written for school!

Well I am just waiting for 8 AM to roll around so I can go buy HARRY POTTER! I remember the first time I read Harry Potter- I was nine! Kind of crazy how I have grown up with him. Its also very fitting that the 7th book I am 17 for.

Speaking of my age. I have realized I am very mature for my age. It bothers me that I have to be this mature at such an early age. I have gone through way too much for someone as young as myself. I would honestly never wish anything in my past against my worst enemy. I told my self 88 days ago that I had 1 year to get ready for college and to be my best self. Well its about a year from now and I think I am off to a great start. It would be wonderful to be a new person by then. And I am half way there.

I read posts of people with lifelong binging and it saddens me. I have control of this disease and I KNOW I will not have it lifelong. In fact, I will put it down on paper, well internet, that I have the faith in myself to never binge again. I can see myself getting a little full at Thanksgiving dinner but other than that I honestly don't see how I could do that to my body ever again. Its so cliche but my body is really a temple. Its a temple of play dough. I can mold it to be whoever I want to be. My muscles are beginning to become more defined and my hips are shrinking. Every day in every way I am getting thinner. Its wonderful!

Here I am going off on a tangent again. So sorry! Well anyways, since I have been so food obsessed for a huge chunk of my life I decided to take all the time 'wasted' and turn it into something good. I think I want to become a nutritionist. That will make college searching a bit easier now that I know what I want.

Great Job on staying binge free ladies. My heart goes out to everyone