Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-10-2007, 04:47 PM   #16  

Thursday, 9.46pm, no binge...

But although I've been for walks everyday, and have eaten a reasonable 1950calories today, I darn't weigh myself...I had 5 days of anxiety only making me eat 900-1250 calories/day and walking loads, so now I feel FAT in comparison...I'd definitely rather be happier and eating more but I feel enormous and I bet I've regained that 3lbs... :-(

Still! 9 days no bingeing! Gotta be positive..
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:10 AM   #17  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Ohhh I need you guys right now!

The good news is that I HAVE been binge free all week! I'm trying not to keep track of exactly how many days/weeks, but I didn't binge last week either. THEN....THIS HAPPENED!

I fractured my left ankle! So I'm all casted up to my knee! I'm just so afraid that not exercising and laying around with my leg propped that Bingy might be able to take me! I am, after all, handicapped with this ankle. I might be easy prey for him. So right now I need all the support I can get. I get worried that my entire weight loss right now depends on my diet and not on exercise at all. I suppose I can still do my arms, upper body and maybe abs...but my routing usually involves getting warmed up and cooling down with intense cardio! ACK !

Any words of support/encouragement are appreciated!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 AM   #18  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

NurseMichelle: Thatīs really bad news!! I hope the pain is not that worse!
Unfortunately I donīt have an idea how to perform any exercise with a broken ankle/ on crutches. I guess if it would be me, trying to use that crutches would be an extreme and dangerous activity for me and an excellent abs training through laughing hard for everybody around....

But maybe you could do some warm- up with yoga movements...or thatīs maybe a bad idea...
Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:18 AM   #19  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

NurseMichelle - I'm really sorry to hear you are not doing well. The best way to keep yourself from gaining at this point is to make sure your diet is as good as it can be. Diet plays a huge part in weight gain/loss so while you are unable to exercise, try to eat healthy veggies etc. You can do it and you will. You are strong.

I have managed to continue to be binge free! Yesterday I stayed home from work becuase I was quite sick but after much contemplation I decided to get some treats I had been thinking about for days. Not too too many but a good bag of my favourite treats (wont describe them but I love em). Anyway, I had that bag - I knew I would eat the whole bag so I didnt get a huge one. And I didnt feel horrible. It didnt spur on a binge and overall the day to that point had been quite healthy anyway. I think although I do want to lose this weight, it may be a slow process because the bingeing is what has made me gain so much and that is more important to get under control than making sure my diet is absolutely perfect. So I'm still binge free but not feeling deprived and trying to eat when hungry. I'm feeling good. Maybe I won't drop all this weight in the next two weeks but i'll be a happier and healthier person anyway and that is the overall goal.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

NurseMichelle - Be strong! It is possible!! I had surgery on each foot (involving breaking and pinning a bone), about a year apart, which prevented me from exercising for probably about 3 months each time. The first one, I got sloppy, and gained 10 pounds. Didn't help that the surgery was shortly before Christmas, which is a dangerous time even when you CAN exercise. But I went into the second one smarter....I KNEW (from experience!) that it would be extra easy to put on weight when I wasn't able to exercise, so I really paid attention to what I ate. I didn't "diet", and I didn't completely deprive myself, but I thought twice about what I was choosing to eat, and how much of it I had. And I came out of my recuperation time at the same weight as I went in! If I can do it, you can too!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote