Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone, So I binged Monday night, which was a little frustrating after a week of being binge free. But I got back on track Tuesday morning, which is big for me, since when I binge it usually turns into days of bingeing. Great job everyone who's been binge free and to the others that have slipped, we're all back on track yay for us!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 219/211/160

Height: 5"5

BIKINI: (don't know how to do that quote thing yet) your post really hit home. If I have something in the house I need to disappear ...I eat it all too!! What is WITH that thought pattern?! Where is the rationale??!
I made it through today and yesterday w/o binging. I didn't make the best choice for dinner tonight, but it was better then the fried "something" I wanted. AND i drove by that favorite ice cream place w/o stopping!
This weekend will be hard for me. I am visiting my daughter who's away at school. She's gonna want to EAT! I guess my anti binge goal will be to only have ONE meal that isn't the best. NOT graze all day, all weekend (which will be hard because its a total drive time of 8 hours and I snack to stay awake!)
I will keep you all in mind. Lets all have good news on Monday!
Renee
Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

2 days down! and today was my first day on fat smashers! I ate what i thought was alot but it turned out to only be 777 calories. I'm listening to my body for once so maybe a few days with low numbers is what i need!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #19  

I did kind of bad today but I don't consider it a binge. but I do feel guilty about it because I have done good so far this week. in fact I have been binge free for 7 days!! the reason I feel i did bad today was because I got home and they had some Popeyes chicken here for everyone. I couldn't resist. i had once piece of fried chicken breast, some cajun fries (probably a bit too many) and one and 1/2 biscuits. other than that the rest of the day I did good, i had about 2,200 calories over all. and I have even exercised for 7 days in a row too. tomorrow I will rest. I'm glad I didn't go off on a binge today though. normally eating food like that Popeye's meal, I'd eat more of it, and then start to binge. I'm really determined this time though!!!

keep it up everyone!!!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #20  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

another admittal of a binge yesterday. in the daytime at work. I got a package with some treats from my stepmom. Moving on. Nothing more to say. Frustrated but now I seriously have no treats left and really want to lose this weight. My pants were lose this morning out of the dryer. That was encouraging!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 150ish/???/125

Height: 5'2"

Sunny, congrats on the no-binge! I always find it the most exciting when I can eat a bad-for-me food and only have a normal amount.

Bikini, I'm having a rough week too. I pretty much binged all day yesterday. So now I'm starting my week over. I got right on here this morning to try and motivate myself to have a binge-free day today and a binge-free weekend. It was a leftover treat started it all for me.... won't go into detail but I feel so bloated and after not really bingeing for a while (or like a week!) I'm remembering how much I hate this feeling.

Also, does anyone find once they start bingeing it ruins their whole day? For me it's like I just can't do anything productive for hours because I'm overloaded with carbs and sugar and crap and just feel to horrible to do anything.

Okay, enough, here I go, binge-free starting now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and congrats everyone who's faring better than I am this week
Old 04-26-2007, 10:04 AM   #22  
Bikini Dreader

Thanks Snowbunny! We can all do this together. I'm starting again too. I started a boot camp thread for myself on the 20-somthings board to be accountable every day. It's basically a public journal. I'll try anything to keep myself on track. I think I kept bingeing because I know that I need to step up my game and that feeling makes me want to stock up. The ohter night after my binge I felt so sick that I made a list of how I felt and put it beside my bed. I actually felt nauseous from all the sugar. It's a horrible feeling. I dont know why I do it to myself but I am getting better and taking it one day at a time.

Have a good day everyone. I'll be creeping around all day!
Old 04-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 226/206/150

Height: 5'8"

I have been binge free for two weeks!
I am feeling guilty though because yesterday there were sweets at work and I allowed myself a raspberry strudel! This is the first time I have gone out of my diet and I am extremely carb sensitive so when I woke up this morning, I felt very fat.....
I didnt binge but I cheated and am guilting myself over it.. I was good the rest of the day and I can just run it off this morning...
Old 04-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Lolo, don't feel guilty!! One pastry is not a binge, or even overeating. It's a little something called NORMAL. Learn from my experience -- the sooner you convince yourself that it's OK to have a treat here and there, and you don't have to feel guilty about it, the sooner you'll beat the binge-monster.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #25  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Everybody!

I know it's late in the week, but I'm jumping in!

I was a regular on this thread for months and it does help to be accountable. Lately, I've been doing OA meetings and had 77 binge free days. Then, I had a fall on Easter day. Since then, I've been struggling to get totally back on the wagon, I've been holding on to the back of the wagon, kinda being dragged behind, but still there. That's the hard part for me....once I take one compulsive bite it is SOOOOO hard to stop.

I am learning that it is easier to just NOT take that first bite. I am learning that I will NOT die of hunger if I eat reasonably planned meals. The "hunger" I feel after eating a reasonable meal is NOT physical hunger and it always does pass if I give it time and distract myself.

I'm SO excited to see some of my old friends.....KATE and HARPO I've missed you both and have wondered how you're doing! What a happy day to find you both back here!!! YIPPEE! And Rocknroll....I remember you also...glad to see you're still here and fighting a good fight!!
Has anyone heard from Ellis?!?!? I really do miss her too , she is SUCH a sweetheart.....sending her out lots of positive vibes and big hugs.....

Hello to all of the lovely people I haven't met yet! I look forward to getting to know you all and BEATING our binge-beasts into submission!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Together, we are stronger!!!

Last edited by telemetrynurse; 04-26-2007 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #26  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm still hanging around, with you in spirit, but not in actions! It's been a tough week, but I absolutely know what's going on. I have no structure in my life right now! I took a long weekend (like ten days off!) and no working and eating all the time and blowing off the gym spells disaster for me! But I go back to work tonight (I work 3 12-hr shifts, 7p-7a) so I'll get back into my old routine soon. For about two weeks there I was going to the gym 5 days a week and eating right on plan! But now for about two weeks I've been throwing caution to the wind and doing whatever. Plus we had two banquets, two birthday parties and a couple nights out.

Great job to those staying on track, keep up the good work!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #27  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Elizabeth, soo happy to hear from you!! I thought of you quite often.
I completely fall of the waggon this January- and I had a very bad time. I was diagnosed with TMJ- Syndrom. Or arthrosis in my jaw. Or both. Depends on which Dentist you ask......The pain is really.... The only pain med that helps makes me sleep for 24h- hey, is that why they call it narcotic?
Ok, that´s not an excuse, but I took the advice from Dentist No. 3345 too serious: he said no raw veggies (never. again. in. my.whole. life), no fruits, and NO CHEWING. Well, some of my fav binge foods are non-chewing foods...Plus the frustration. So I gained a bit. cough, cough..
So I am the living proof that you can binge even if you don´t take that FIRST BITE.

Now I am back again, trying to re- organize my life- I have a final exam to do. In 116 days.

I miss Ellis as well- she doesn´t seem to post anymore (yep, I searched the whole community).

The last days were binge- free.

I hope everybody is having a great day- with some amount of binge free time!

Kate
Old 04-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Elizabeth --- WONDERFUL to see you here again!

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, Kate

I'm going to PM ellis now (I'm not sure if she even logs on here anymore). I got a Christmas card from her, but haven't heard from her since! I will tell her she is being asked for and is greatly missed. If she doesn't respond, I'll try to get her email from Suzanne.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #29  
Bikini Dreader

I didn't binge last night but definitely had a few unnecessary snacks. I had a dentist appointment that basically left me starving for hours so it was hard to stop eating when I finally got home.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #30  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I have over one week under my belt! Yay! I actually can't quite remember the exact day count but I know at least that my food/exercise has been fabulous since last Thursday the 19th! And I weighed in at 158.5 this morning! This feels great after weeks of being several pounds over my ticker weight! Next week Chickies!!! I will move my ticker down! That's a promise!

I have been sleeping enough...taking my vitamins...exercising most days...drinking my water...eating in control. What has happened to me!!! Oh yeah, and doing my deep breathing meditation exercises!

We can all do this! I was in a dark place...it feels good in the light!
Closed Thread