Old 09-27-2006, 12:34 PM   #16  
Baby Steps

Having computer issues so won't make it online long. We didn't find the deer. Spent hours (and I mean HOURS) looking for it and lost all trail of it. We're thinking it hit the river and got swept away. No sight or sign of it. DANG! Eating was OP and I even got in TONS of exercise (amazing how tiring searching for deer sign is!!) yesterday. As I was trailing for 3-4 hours my legs are trashed today!! Ok. Going to figure out what's wrong w/the computer. if I'm MIA for a few days you'll all know why!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #17  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda,, sorry you all didn't find the deer. We have lost a couple when trying to track them. Great exercise you had yesterday, I bet those legs are sore.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

Hi everyone
I havent been posting, just reading other people's posts. I'm still frustrated, but I guess not enough to start excercising, becasue I still havent done that.
As it is I do Aikido three times a week and go for an occasional walk but obviously that is not enough.
Tommorrow is the end of my third week on induction and I still havent lost a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have completely stayed on plan but to no avail. I think perhaps the issue here is that Ive already hit a plateau. I dont have a lot of weight to lose and Ive already lost about 10 pounds since my last high weight in January (not on Atkins). I had been stuck at this same weight for a couple f months and thought I would try atkins to see if that would help me get off the last 10 lbs or so.
I guess that extra weight is just being stubborn!! According to Atkins plan I since I didnt lose weight I shold cut my carbs even more to about 10g per day.. but I really cant do that right now. Maybe in a few months I would have the will power to go that extreme.
so I decided instead that I will go off the plan and although I will avoid some simple carbs, I am going to add other whole grain carbs and fruit to my diet and really try to excercise.
I hope that makes me feel better and healthier... I just hope I can find the willpower to excercise!
Anyway, I probably wont be on here very often..maybe I'll pop in to say hi sometimes.. all you chicks have been a great inspiration to me and have truly helped me to keep going the short time Ive been here.
Best of luck to everyone!!!
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 11:37 PM   #19  
lilybelle

mealybug, sorry to hear that this woe didn't work for you. Keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing. I don't think I could cut my carbs to 10 a day either, so I don't blame you. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #20  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I have to make this fast as Leo and I have lots to do this morning.Just wanted to let you know that I'm here and didn't get lost in the shuffle. I had a bad night sleeping with Leo snoring all night long and I findly get to sleep around 6 in the morning until now[10 A.M.]

Our gas compnay came and he scraped the pipes and painted them with rustolium.Now I now afraid of going ka-boom.

Will post later when things are not so hectic.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #21  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok so I think I have finally hit rock bottom with the whole "weight loss" ordeal. I think I am severely depressed about it. I have to do something. So this is my last try and then I dont know what. I am going to restart atkins tomorrow cause I have to go grocery shopping tonight to get the right kind of food. I dont know where else to turn except to you guys for support. So tomorrow will be induction day 1. I know that i can do this, i just have to stick with it long enough to get through the 1st 2 weeks. I am back up to a size 16. My goal is 10. I have to do this guys. I know i can. Please help me.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #22  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Sandra~ We're here for you

Im on the mend...feeling so much better than a couple days ago. My lung capacity isnt quite what it should be, so I'll get back to my walking slowly. I'll start back on induction tomorrow morning, and see how it goes. I dont want to start today because I still want my soup and toast (my magic cure ) .....hey did you know if you add curry to your soup it clears out everything

I'll get caught up on everyone a bit later.......have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #23  
lilybelle

ilovemike, it's good to see you . You are inspiration for me, that is for sure. You kick my booty every time with the exercise. You can do this, I know you can. Glad to see you are getting started again.
Myself, I have days that I try real hard, other days that aren't so good. I kicked butt last week and dropped 5 lbs. that I had gained, this week, I'm back up 3 lbs. after having cookies. Guess I'll be losing this again now. Every time I get down to 140 lbs., I give myself permission to cheat, and of course, gain weight. I should learn better, but I'm a slow learner I guess. I definitely push my 5 lb. range limit and test myself . Maintenance is just as difficult as losing, since I'm constantly trying to re-lose the same few lbs.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #24  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Thanks guys for the info on the Peanut Butter - is it like Jiff or is it sugar free? I think I will try it. I am still not back in Ketosis and I have been doing the eggs, chicken and chicken broth. I made sure that the broth had 0 carbs. Oh well it will come. I am back down to 179, so I think even with my going off program it was mostly water weight gain.

Lilly - how funny about the skunk. Glad it didn't get the dog. Hope your hub is better. Yay! Lilly - I see exercise in your horizon.

BB - glad you are back in ketosis. I drink peppermint tea when my breath gets that way. I can normally drink a weak tea unsweetened, or I will put a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil in my large water bottle. It really masks the smell and you emanate peppermint which is great for kissing hub.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:58 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back again, got everything done what we had to do. Have to get some walking done this afternoon,as I didn't have time for that this morning.

Going to have to sing at the seniors ice cream social tomorrow. We're a group of 20 singers that sing for the senor center socials & our local nursing homes.Have to wear long black skirt and white blouse for the events.

Sandra-Like Robins says we're here for you. Don't quit,we all have the same problem,no matter what program we're on. Thats Life and you must not let it get you down. Start with the induction as walla you'll be :lossing again.

Robin-Thanks for the infor on curry,I might take you up on that. Sorry about your lung. By all means starting slowly with the exercising ,until you're better.

Lilybelle-Sorry about your gain. Cookies what were you thinking. How about a Atkins bar instead????????At least its a snack that on program.You're correct when you posted that maintaining is just as hard a lossing,in my book is worse.

MrsChris-Thought I knew the answer about PB on the Atkins I guess I don't as my natural PB has YIKES 8 crabs per 2tbs. Have to look for sugar free. I forgot about peppermint tea,thanks for reminding me,I have some in my kitchen cabinet.

Have a great one
Hugs BB
Old 09-28-2006, 11:07 PM   #26  
lilybelle

I need a good swift kick, so everybody give me one. We ate out tonite and I was again really bad. Shared a dessert with DH. I don't know what has gotten into me. Why now, I have worked so hard and must get back with the program. Tomorrow is a new day and I will go back to 20 carbs again for the zillionth time.

The cookies were bad enough, but at least I made them semi-LC with splenda and cocoa, Oats and butter and nuts. Better than last time when I made them with chocolate chips which have a lot more carbs. Plus, I made a lot fewer of them so there was not some hanging around for days to snack on. Still not the best when trying to keep the weight off , but less damaging than what I ate tonite, that is for sure.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:31 AM   #27  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're having crazy weather up here today. Suppose to have terrible thunder storms that blewn out to sea,& now it back again.YIKE!!!I'm going out to our senor center for our monthy ice cream social. Of course I can't have any,being on Atkins. Can't believe I'm up on the scale this morning and I have no idea where is coming from. I returned back on my food journal and I don't see anything wrong.I'm not involved with TOM anymore so that out.The only thing I see is I'm up to 30 grams of carbs. Maybe I should lower them for the next several days as I W-I on Sunday. What do you think??????

Lilybelle- or do you need Theres you kick in the butt and being hit with a frying pan.You couldn't have done that bad. Don't know if it has to do with the low carbing. I find myself craving,along with my jar of peautbutter is almost emptying out. Have to look for other methods.What did Dr Atkins say why this is happening?????

Hugs BB
Old 09-29-2006, 11:40 AM   #28  
lilybelle

I am starting to think that every time I eat a big TBSP of Peanut Butter, that I start craving sweets really bad. Not sure if this makes sense or not, but I am seeing a trend with it. I will do a great job with LC all day, have some PB and go crazy for chocolate. I am going to try to just not buy PB for a while and see if this helps.
BB, thanks for the kicks and the smack on the head, I need them. Personally, I think part of my problem is that every time I hit 140 on the scale, I think "I'm 5 lbs. below my goal and it won't hurt anything" then I eat off program (always sweets, not regular foods) and gain back up to my goal. I kick my butt in gear, lose it again and then do it again. It's like I give myself permission to cheat as long as I stay in that 5lb. range, but being out of that range would be unforgiveable for me.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:33 PM   #29  
lilybelle

My meals for the day are now done. I stayed perfectly on program today. I am now on my 3rd large glass of water. Soon to see if my ankle can withstand 5 min's walking on the treadmill .
Old 09-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.
I've been away for a while again and I'll tell ya, I really should try to post everyday here. It makes a big difference for me. It's kind of like out of sight out of mind. This site is the only thing keeping me going at this point! I'm stil lso frustrated.
I think I'm going to take the weekend to re-read the book and restart induction. My body just seems to have gotten really comfortable where it's at. I, on the other hand, am not. I don't want to give up yet. I really, really, really, want to lose about 15 more pounds.

Lillybelle - I knowwhat you mean about feeling like you can splurge whenyour under goal. (even though I"m not under goal) I sometimes think, hey, I'm doing pretty good, this won't hurt. Then this turns into this, that and the other thing!
I hope your ankle is well soon so that you can exercise with me again! I've even stopped posting that! PS I'll have to owe you that kick in the butt. I amposting only a quick reply and can't access the butt kicker! Don't worry, I'm good for it!

Mealybug - I know just what you mean. Sometimes it just seems pointless to go on since nothing is happening. I haven't lost in 2 months! I feel like I"m in a battle with myself and I'm gonna win!!!

Brenda - Heelloo? are you still with us? Hope your computers problems are soon fixed!

Sandra - Welocme back. I know I NEED this group so much too right now. it reallyhelps if I come on daily and post. It gives me what I need to keep going. The support here is overwhelming! Keep checking back in with us! if you need to rant about anything specifically feel free to PM me.

RobinW - How are you doing? feeling better? back on plan? YOu have been a big inspiration to me as well. I hope things are back on track for you too!

Beach bum - yep, you should probably lower those carbs. At least that would be my guess! I would go back to induction levels and then s-l-o-w-l-y increase until you you either see a gain or plateau.

MsChris - funny, peanutbutter is usually my saving grace.(or at least I used to think so!) when ever I needed a snack 1 tsp would give me a good fix. but then again, I haven't lost any weight in 2 months so I guess I better rethink that logic!
Well, see I feel so much better when I post! I feel like I'm back in the game again!
Have a great weekend all. I'm busy with soccer games and birthday parties for my kids friends. I think I'm going to go to the game dressed to run so that I can do a few laps around the track while they are playing. It's funny how guilty I feel when I just sit aroung now. Last week Isat there looking at that big empty ftrack and thought I could be running that right nowinstead of sitting here with my coffee! So that's my goal for tomorrow!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote