Old 06-24-2006, 05:52 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all.
Just checking in. I usually don't post on the weekends but I think I've been jinxed with all this talk about having problems staying op over the weekend. I have been DYING to cheat today!! Havent' yet thank goodness! the only thing holding me back is that tomorrow is weigh in day. I have been dying for a piece of cake or key lime pie! And no it's not my TOM.I think I'm feeling like cheating because my Mom and husband have been getting on me this past week because I am have BM problems. I have taken Fiber choice (which I do everyday) I have bought ground flax seed and eat it by the spoonful (yuck) last night I finally took an exlax.My family keeps telling me that I'm killing myself by doing this! Talk about support! they say that30 lbs is enough and that I should find another way to lose the last 20 that I can do some real damage to myself with all these BM problems. So I'm feeling a bit down today. I really want to stick this out to get to my goal weight and then I'll start incorporating other things like fruit. (I'm still doing induction more or less) That would probably help me. I'm only losing about 2 lbs a week now doing 20 some carbs so I don't really want to add more. But maybe I should listen to my body. I hate this because I'm feeling good with this plan otherwise. I never cheat and am (usually) never tempted. How else can I get myself 'going' regularly?
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #47  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks Rayyne, I am happy with my clothing sizes. I don't expect my sizes to change anymore. I do want to reach my goal and try my best to maintain it. I am fairly tall and my doctor set my goal at 150 but I decided to shoot for 145. My body is in no way perfect, but it is better than it was by a long shot. I will always have broad shoulders and large chest, but legs and hips are thin and narrow. Tummy is bigger than I like, but not too bad. I exercise a lot by mostly swimming and walking. My health has a lot to be desired but has improved with weight loss. Thanks for saying I'm an inspiration. Truthfully I just think I was a very sick person that the doctor told I was going to die if I didn't get the weight off. I have had small slip-ups like everyone else, but I knew that I always had to get back on program and lose the weight. Maintenance scares me very much, but I plan to not change the way I eat, this is for life for me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #48  
lilybelle

needtolose, I well understand the BM problems. Same thing here. 6 weeks ago I had hernia repair surgeries with bowel adhesions in 10 places. I thought that after surgery, the constipation was solved. 2 weeks ago, I started having the same problem again. I am now taking dulcolax tabs to help and having right sided abdominal pain again. I am going to get the psyllium husks that others recommend. I just pray that I don't have adhesions again. They weren't caused from this woe, I got them after my open abdominal hernia repair last summer. Good luck to you. By the way, I also had severe constipation problems years earlier when I did low-fat, low-cal dieting.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #49  
GlamourGirl25

Hi Everyone,

At the end of my first Induction day, and I am sweating bullets here. Literally! The withdrawal symptoms are insane. I'm fatigued, lightheaded, hot and cold, and all over the place emotionally. It's crazy! BUT, I discovered something interesting today. I don't know if anyone else has felt this way but...

When I binge, my mind becomes all euphoric, and I get these visions about how it's okay to eat the sugary sweets, because soon I'm going to go on a diet and I'll look great and feel wonderful and my life will be perfect. Does anyone else get that way? Well, I realized that I (and I'm usually a very up-beat person) usually go into a profound depression when I "diet", because I'm denying my body what it craves, and my mind plays tricks on me in order to get it back. I start to think - irrationally - that I'll never lose weight, I'm doomed to be fat always, I'm not worth it, blah blah blah - It forces me into a bad place mentally - and that's even worse than the physical part. I know for a fact that that's what happens to a lot of alcoholics and addicts, and that's what makes them go back if they do relapse - the mental obsession and depression that follows.

So I guess the GOOD news is that I'm realizing that my mind is playing tricks on me during the withdrawal, that I'm not really depressed and my life isn't awful - that my body just wants sugar!! And that if I keep on this WOE, that will go away and I'll be released from that horrible mental obsession of euphoric bingeing and depression withdrawal.

YEAH!

Love,
Glam
Glamourgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:04 AM   #50  

Hi Ladies, I wanted to reintroduce myself..I'm cindy, mom to 2, married and need to lose some wieght and get healthy! I just haven't had the will power to stick with it. But here I am and ready to give it a go. I chose low carb because I know it works and I am a major carb addict and well that is just not healthy now is it?! I look forward to posting with you.
canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #51  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Need~ I would suggest getting some of the unsweetened metimucil, taking that every morning, with 2 flax seed oil caplets. You'll be right as rain, the metimucil is good for you, as is the flax seed oil! Also, veggies, bump up your carb intake to 25-30, but with only veggie carbs....then subtract the fibre count from them, and you will be very close to 20net carbs for the day. This will help alot too. One more trick....eat more eggs. The sulfur in the eggs helps things get moving too.

Quote:
When I binge, my mind becomes all euphoric, and I get these visions about how it's okay to eat the sugary sweets, because soon I'm going to go on a diet and I'll look great and feel wonderful and my life will be perfect. Does anyone else get that way?
I read this and thought it was so funny, because I didnt think anyone else did this either Once you get over the withdrawals, it will be like a fog has cleared from your head. You know like those claritin commercials? Just like that!! Great going on your first day, and for not giving in to the sugar monsters!

Cindy, and welcome back

Myself, Im still going thru the withdrawals. I think its because Ive cut back on the water a bit. Im still waking with wicked headaches. Im drinking enough, but not enough to flush out the toxins So, either I put up with the headaches, or down handfuls of tums a day Water gives me horrible heartburn.(always has) So I have been experimenting with it, and when I drink it......so far, it seems ok if I drink it on a totally empty stomach. (with no coffee residue left in my belly) Or when Im really thirsty. Yesterday dh brought me my 32oz jug full of fresh cold water....I had been installing graphics on the truck........That sucker was gone in 10 min. No heartburn!! So when Im thristy it goes right to where its suppose to Im guessing.

No workouts this weekend, but Ive been busy doing other things....Im more sore today, than I was last week from working out

Still op, and doing good. My face has finally lost its "bloated" look. I can see my eyes again

Have a good one ladies, dh is taking me for our sunday coffee and paper read at starbucks.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:03 PM   #52  
lilybelle

Welcome Cindy and look forward to reading your posts.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:14 PM   #53  

Glam! Yes, yes, yes! You've hit the nail DIRECTLY on the head with your post! WE ARE carb addicts and we have all the behaviors of addiction! That is why we have to be so vigilant with our food choices. 'Just having a little bit' is NOT an option for us. Low carb is a good diet and people will lose weight with it and many choose it over WW or other portion controlled diets but for us, the true-blue carb addict, it is the ONLY way we can bring sanity to our lives. And I'm talking our whole lives not just our food lives. People that don't have carb addiction do not understand what we are talking about. But by your post I see that you DO understand!

Stay the course, Glam, and you will get thru the depression and cravings and in time experience the freedom of no longer being a slave to carbs. That voice in your head will be quieted. Come post here often - it really helps to talk to others who know what you are going thru.

*waves* Hi to everyone else! Going to be a hot one here again today! BUT the boys just got home (poor guys - SH got 'em up at 7 am to bring them back home) so I'm smiling! LOVE my kids - and I LIKE them too!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:08 PM   #54  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. Well I said that I was gonna cut out the fruit til I lost the other 2 lbs. I doubt this is going to happen. I bought a bunch of fruit when I went to the grocery store hungry today. It never seems to cause me to gain, just keeps me from losing much more. I never craved fruit in my life, it was always chocolate and desserts before, but with Atkins, I crave fruit. It totally takes away my craving for other sweets. At least I know that I eat healthy now. So, bare with me, it may take me a couple weeks to get this last 2 lbs. off. I am exercising well and enjoying the June's exercise challenge.Good luck to everyone.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #55  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning ladies! I didnt make it to the gym this morning cause I was so wore out from the weekend. We floated the river both Saturday and Sunday and probably walked about 5-7 miles in the process walking back to the begining each time we went back. SO I figured I would get rested today and head back tomorrow.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote