Old 02-09-2006, 07:11 AM   #31  
Atkins Lover

morning to all!
yesterday was ok as far as food and water. only ate supper (didn't get time due to dd's dr. appt. and then being at the salon for the rest of the day). i only got in 1/2 my water and then ate like a pig for supper. i was so hungry though. this weekend i am gonna take the time to figure out a workout schedule and meal plan. just jumping into this w/everything else just hasn't been easy right now. dd's dr. appt went ok, we have been refered to a ped's endocronologist (sp?) she will be tested for cystic fibrios, low growth hormone and thyroid problems. more than likely it is that she is just gonna be a small child (she is 3 and weighs only 25lbs). still weighs on a mother's mind. well got to get moving so i can get things done before heading back into the salon today, which i am enjoying. have a great & OP day friends!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #32  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

so this is where you all post to keep up on each others day to day stuff? I am so new to web forums i have NO idea how it all works!

Bec-my daughter is really small too.. but she has recently grown up up up up up.. she is 5 (next month six) and she weighed a whole 35 lbs in Nov.. now she has shot up about 3 inches and has put on about 7 lbs.. so she is a big 42 now.. i can still see her ribs and backbone.. but she is taller.. so its all proportianate too.. we went thru all the tests with her.. so here is hopeing your dd is just gonna be a lil' girl!! and plus.. wouldn't it be great if she was just genetically 'thin".. i know i would love that for my daughter..

Any who.. im dropping weight like crazy .. 278.5 today.. so thats fantastic.. i took my measurements last night and scared myself.. LOL.. YIKES. but hopefully they will keep on going down. I also discovered that even at this scarey weight my breast measurement equals my hip measurement.. as it has always done even when i was a skinny girl.. so hourglass figure anyone?? lol.. hopefully one day..

Question for you all ... im 5'7", small framed.. at 199 what size do you think ill wear?? I dont remember ever weighing that.. plus ive actually grown about 2 inches since the day i graduated.. and the weight from 175 to 225 just APPEARED.. LOL..

Mommie
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernurse_mommie
Question for you all ... im 5'7", small framed.. at 199 what size do you think ill wear?? I dont remember ever weighing that.. plus ive actually grown about 2 inches since the day i graduated.. and the weight from 175 to 225 just APPEARED.. LOL..

Mommie
Im guessing about a 16. Glad you found us btw!

Bec~ Sounds like you are enjoying your new venture...good for you. Thoughts and prayers for your little one, that everything turns out for you.

Tired, Tired, Tired!!!! I could sleep for days and days....I dont know what is wrong, and I wont go to the doctor (so dont mention it) Just whining about it is all.

Talked to my brother this morning, and he up and quit his job!! Told the boss to stick it "you know where" and is enjoying a short winter vacation. He's off to mexico next week to enjoy some sunshine....then he said he wants a no-brainer job. He's stressed to the max, and he is the same age I was when I reached my stress limit. I had to quit or go bonkers....I think he's feeling the same way. Then he told me he's lost a ton of weight, and his waist is in the 30's now.....hasnt been there since high school. Amazing what stress can to do you eh? He already has companies calling him to start work....but he said he needs to take the time off first....then he'll decide. Im glad he is in a place in his life that he can do that.

We bought a new laptop, then dh realized he could have gotten a really cool new tattoo for the price of the laptop He's gettin slow! That was the first thing I thought of, but didnt mention it. We talked about it today, and he wants me to draw him a dragon....then he would get that tattooed on him. I thought that was a pretty cool idea, he'd get the tattoo that his wife designed....almost as good as getting "Robin" in a big heart I better sharpen my pencils.

Anyway, Im off to go work out before I go take a nap just too tired!! Oh well...have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #34  
Going to ONEderland

Mommie, It usually is about 20 pounds per size. So if you are in a 24 now, you'll probaby be in a 22 very soon. When you get down to 250 you'll probably be in about a 20 (That's about where I am now at 5'6" large frame). When I was about 232 I was in about an 18, and then I got to 16 just a few things at that size when I was at about 220. You might reach as low as a 14 at 199. Part of that depends on how much you exercise too though. At 220 I was pretty muscular and a large part of my weight was muscle, since I had been working out quite heavily then.

Well I've just about given up on the scale. I can get it to hit 249, and that is as low as it will go. It refuses to give me any encouragement toward 248.

So I'm giving up on it. Not the weighing, but the hoping. I can feel my body shrinking so I'm just going to keep on track and let go of the hope to make my Valentine's day goal. I did so want to see another 4 pounds off by then too. With less than a week left I doubt that will happen, unless the whosh fairy comes.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #35  
Susan hockeyfan7

I'm at 248.5 and I just got comfortably into a size 20. I find that about every 10-12 lbs does it for me, but I also lose inches WAY faster than pounds.

Sherry, are you close to TOM? Maybe that's doing it to you. I know I got to 248.5 and then it stopped, but TOM started. And I didn't gain any this time.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #36  
Going to ONEderland

I don't think I'm "close to TOM"... I could be, but I think my change has occurred. All last year I had them, off and on, about one every two or three months, so I'm not totally certain that I'm done with them. But I think I am. I just turned 50 so I'm HOPING I'm through with that phase of my life.

No my body just does this. It may be "starvation mode". It may be because of too many low carb treats, or it may just be the way my body works. I know I'm continuing to lose, but the scale is being resistant. It won't drop that one little half pound or pound I keep looking for. I think it is testing me. Asking if I'm really serious about sticking with it this time. Or it could be that I've just slowed my metabolism down because I'm not eating enough total food. I keep thinking that if I have one really high calorie day I'll probably drop a bunch of weight the next day (that has happened before) but I'm afraid to risk it.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:01 PM   #37  
Wendy

Hey does anyone ever go to the chat room or can we set up a live group chat once a week or something?
coffeeaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #38  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I can not committ to a chat for my schedule.

Mommy check out the site www.virtualmodel.com that is a fun site that you cann visualize your self at different weights. My DD1 was 19 lbs at one 21 at two and 23 at three and about 30 at four she is almost 21 and still slender about a 7. My Doc states when she is hungry she will ear. I worked hard not to have her with a eating problem. (did not work with DD2 DS2) DS1 is very small for his age DS2 has surpassed him in size by about 50 lbs and only 18 months difference. as long as she is healthy then I would not worry about it.

fiesty day at work today then went bowling did pretty good and drank a piture of water my self again boy do I have to pee!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:25 AM   #39  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sherry I wish that I would visit the days of no more TOM. But honestly if you are not getting enough cals or way to low on mag and supplements you will feel like that take your supplements and up your cals.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #40  
Atkins Lover

just popping in and saying hi to everyone. have a great & op weekend. i'm looking forward to next week and hoping it is a better week, all the way around.
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #41  
Lovin' Life

Its friday already!! I cant believe how fast this week went by! We dont have anything big and exciting planned for the weekend. Maybe take in a movie.

Brenda~ how are you feeling....havent seen you much, Im thinking you're not doing so great. Been thinking about you.

Stacie~ where are you girl? I know you were going to be able to check in last weekend, but 3fc was switching servers.....hope all is well with you.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #42  
Baby Steps

sorry. Figured I best check in. Back isn't as bad-but still achy. Haven't done a lick of exercise because of it--resting it. But a cold has struck and I just don't feel all here. Trying my best to stay OP but not doing great on water intake. I know...fluids, fluids, fluids.
Miss you all
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #43  
Going to ONEderland

You know what I hate about dieting? It is all the second guessing I wind up doing. Yesterday I had a pretty low scale in the morning, was very hungry all day and I assumed that meant I was about to lose soon. But I know I've not been eating much for days, so I intentionally ate more than I really wanted or needed to eat last night. Ate extra fat because I know sometimes that is supposed to help?

Today the scale is up again. Which I guess is what I can expect, because I know that food isn't through me yet.

But it just frustrates me when I don't know WHAT to do. Low carb worked from December to early February and now has either slowed down or stopped working. Why? I ask. Is it because I've slowed my metabolism, gone into starvation mode? not eating enough? Is it because I'm still eating too many calories for my body? not eating enough fat? Second guessing.

I hate that! Why can't it just be something as simple as just doing one thing and it can be consistently counted on to keep working?

I'm not giving up. I'm not getting discouraged. I just wish I could be at peace mentally about where I am, and the prospects of it continuing to work. I just hate it when the weight slows or stops and I have to start wondering what I need to change to get back the progress I was already making back when I wasn't doing anything differently than I am now....
Old 02-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #44  
Susan hockeyfan7

Sherry, you might want to consider trying the 3 day fat fast that's outlined in the book. I do it when I'm stuck and it seems to help. I eat the chicken salad, deviled eggs, egg yolks with mayo and macadamia nuts. I tried the Brie too and the heavy cream with syrup. I don't even like mayo, so it was hard to get down, but it worked. Last time I did it, I dropped 8 lbs in 3 days.

I'm home sick today - I have a sore throat and a fever and all I can do is drink liquids. I may have to get out the blender and make a protein shake if I can figure out where it's hiding.

I'm a new aunt. My husband's sister had a baby boy last night. It's a total miracle because she's not supposed to be able to have any more. They had to do IVF to get him. He's 5 lbs 4 oz and he's a few months early, so he's in NICU. They did a C-Section and told her it's the last -- don't even think about trying again. She has a 6 year old daughter and lost 3 or 4 before having this one.
hockeyfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #45  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan7
I'm a new aunt. My husband's sister had a baby boy last night. It's a total miracle because she's not supposed to be able to have any more. They had to do IVF to get him. He's 5 lbs 4 oz and he's a few months early, so he's in NICU. They did a C-Section and told her it's the last -- don't even think about trying again. She has a 6 year old daughter and lost 3 or 4 before having this one.
Thats great news!! Congratulations!! Good, happy and healing thoughts for the little guy!