Old 12-19-2005, 06:49 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat, December 19th - 25th

Good Morning,

Its really nice to see you all here

Hope you have an OP week (me too dang cookies )

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:01 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Morning Leenie :hugs:

Well, yesterday I was OP EXCEPT for the oranges.....and the 2 croissants....AND the 2 cherry turnovers. Once again they all just jumped into my mouth w/out me knowing it...and before I knew it I was chewing them. But you know, except for the oranges, the rest didn't taste all that good. So why eat them? Good question!!! Well, it's time to be good this week (again). I figure right now is just trial and error for me (trial of the "good" food and error in thinking it was supposed to still taste good) So January 2nd it's FULL STEAM AHEAD. And that's when I'm quitting my soda (ouch, can feel the headache now!!) and NOT cheating on weekends (even if I have to bring my own food with me to places!!)!! Hope you all had a great weekend
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:04 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Oh....took my ticker off. Figure I'll post my starting weight on the 2nd. Then go from there.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:38 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Sonnet~ WTG on the 2lbs!!

Brenda & Leenie~

Im down 3.5lbs this week! I had to bend over and look a bit closer at the numbers, then count

We had a quiet weekend. I finally got a walk in yesterday. I have not been exercising all week, due to a heel sized blister on my heel! Yesterday was the first time, I didnt have pain when I walked. It was nice!!

Hopped into the tub last night, warm bubbles, and then into bed nice and early with my book....it was wonderful

Have a great op day ladies
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #5  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

THREE POUNDS!!! You're awesome!!

Had some upsetting things happen last night and instead of grabbing a drink or an evil sweet food I jumped on the treadmill and took my anger out on it. This worked so super great, I was so wore out when I was done but a GOOD wore out and there was no drinking/eating guilt.

Also, all I've been able to think about lately is a big juicy apple, isn't that WEIRD? I want one SO BAD!!!!

I'm gonna jump in the shower then it's off to work. DRINK DRINK DRINK everyone!!!

oooh, look, I don't have to decorate my real house now!
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #6  
TemporaryFatChick

Quote:
...all I've been able to think about lately is a big juicy apple, isn't that WEIRD? I want one SO BAD!!!!
I've been thinking about apples for weeks now - how bizarre is that??? I want a big, crisp, juicy apple, the kind that when you bite into it it makes noise and juice runs down your arm *drool*.

water, water, water - I'm gonna suck it down today. Really. I am. Several bottles. Seriously. Alright, quit laughing!!! LOL

Tenn
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:56 AM   #7  
on my way down again

Good morning all! Oh apples! We have a lot of apple trees, pear trees, and a plum tree and other fruit here. During the summer, I find hubby walking the dogs and munching on them. I told him he can bring them in to the house and eat them.

Robin: 3.5 pounds!

bnbsmommy: That's a good idea to utilize the treadmill like that. DH has moved mine to the livingroom so I'll use it more this week and through the first of January.

Tomorrow is a Christmas lunch out in a restraunt with DH's family. This means bringing home a huge platter of fudge, rocky road, hard chinese noodle with melted butterscotch chips clusters, and cookie combo from my SIL. Last year, we were going to toss them in the garbage, but they were very forceful and jumped off the platter and right into my mouth! Then I think, I've eaten one, so eat one of each, then why not get rid of them once and for all. Sooo...we talked last night, and I said if he can keep them in the shop, it's ok for him to have them, but not to bring them in for even a second. Another plan we have is to stop by a "regular" "will work for food" guy who has sat at the edge of town for years with his dog, give him a dollor or two...if he will take the cookies. BTW, We have said year after year not to give us the plate of cookies, but that is never heard of. Our families are either trying to kill us, or keep us fat for their amusement.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:46 PM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hubby gets out of the shower this morning.....as he's walking away from me, I notice a sticker on his rump!!!! I pulled it off, and you'll never guess what it said?????

Inspected my Mary

Id like to know what the **** Mary was doing in the shower with MY husband!

I hope Mary liked what she seen......cuz it aint gonna happen again!!

(we actually had to get the alcohol out to get the sticky stuff off his behind) Was certainly an entertaining morning.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #9  
on my way down again

Oh Robin, that's hilarious! That darn "inspector Mary" is everywhere.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 356/265/150

Brenda: The holidays are a tough time, but I know you'll bounce back strong on the 2nd! Don't be too hard on yourself!

Robin: Great job on the 3.5 lbs!! I didn't have any thought to weigh this morning because I was so busy That is hilarious about your DH's pants!

bnbsmommy: That was a great alternative! I hope I get some new exersize stuff that I'll want to use rather than force myself to use now that I'm getting bored with what I have.

Tenn: I saw that you're closer to 200 than 300 now...that's awesome!
Sonnet: I completely understand about family and food. Our family's unspoken motto is eat eat eat until you're full then pause, put on some comfy pants and eat eat eat some more. I'm sure you'll do fine resisting it, but if you don't, just jump back OP when you're ready.

As for me, it's been a rough weekend. Friday (in below zero weather) my car overheated on the freeway and left me stranded until someone pulled over and drove me home. I had to sign up for AAA to get my car towed (cheaper than just having it towed). My dad and I stood outside (again in below zero weather) for at least 6 hours trying to fix the car, but nothing we did worked. He came back again on Sunday and tried another part and that didn't work. So most of the weekend I didn't feel my feet or hands
The car is still not working so I'm taking my mom's car home, driving it back to their house in the morning, my dad is driving me to work and my mom is picking me up after work...repeat steps 1-4 again for a few days until we figure out what to do with it.

Other than the car issues, I was pretty proud of myself this weekend. I made stockings for my neice and nephew filled with tons of candy and I didn't snack on any of it! I bought myself a junior mint lip balm, a S'mores one for Jeremy and a watermelon bubblicious one for Jozelle (all sugar-free! I checked). Yesterday was the Christmas get-together at my grandma's house. She is very Italian so there's always tons of food, but the problem with Christmas at her house is that there isn't an actual sit-down meal, it's just munching all day! I actually brought a chicken leg quarter that I broiled the night before just in case (I'm glad I did). One of the few things I could eat was squid so I asked my dad to fry some up without the breading for me and I ate some of the italian sausage and peppers and mushrooms because my grandma makes the sausage homemade with only meat (no fillers yay). I was told that the Christmas cookies were horrible so I didn't miss those too much. Today and tomorrow are holiday parties at work and surprisingly today I found a good amount of stuff to eat for lunch (cheese, shrimp, roast beef, deviled eggs, and my mashed rutabagas with bacon and cheese mmmm). I hope there's a good selection for me tomorrow...

Anyways, back to work. Hopefully I get more sleep tonight, I only got 4 hours last night. Have a great Monday!
Andrea
Liv4rok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/150/150

Talking

OMG Robin, I am LMAO (no pun intended LOL) That scene from the movie Duece Bigalow came to mind when I read that. If you've seen the movie, you know the part where he's getting waxed?!! . I'm gonna chuckle about this all day. Tell yer DH I said thanks for the giggle. Congrats on being down 3.5lbs - that's awesome!!!!!!

G'morning Leenie (stay away from those darn cookies will ya? )

Sonny - congrats on your loss - that's great!! Enjoy your lunch. That tray of goodies sounds heavenly! You & Brenda better watch out for all that jumping food - one of ya is gonna lose an eye if yer not careful . Must be an American thing...we don't have bouncy food in Canada that I know of .

Brenda - sounds like a great plan to me!

Tenn - not a big apple lover here, but since day 1, I have craved apple juice. Strange! Congrats on your success so far - I bet you feel GREAT!

Lacey - good for you jumping on the treadmill to work out that anger. Much better than snacking on something you would have regretted later on!

Hope I caught all the new news - it's difficult for my widdle brain going back & forth between the 2 threads .

Gotta run, my 4 y/o needs me for sum'pin.

Inspected by Mary

TTFN,

Last edited by gonna_be_150; 12-19-2005 at 07:40 PM.
gonna_be_150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

guess what?? I am still here!!

I made some awesome sea food chowder. (it was not low carb after I added tortillini instead of potatoes) but a killer chowder anyways. next time it will be with out the tortillini.

HHMM that darn Mary!! What a Hoot!! especially trying to get it off!!

not much happening here I think I will be trying to get my shopping finished. I still have gobs to do!!!
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:17 AM   #13  

Robin, Congrats on the 3.5 pounds. It is especially impressive this time of year.

Andrea, I was given the cinnabon lip gloss yesterday. That stuff is awesome if a little tempting. I turned right to the label like you and sure enough your right it is sugar free.

I am back OP and it was hard at work yesterday. One woman gave me a little tin full of something ( I'm sure its candy so I won't take the shrink wrap off) it is just siting on a shelf in my office hollering my name, then our QA person showed up and she brought this basket that had popcorn ball, ghilladelli chocolate, dove chocolate, jolly ranchers, wasabi peanuts ( not low carb), and some summer sausage. I took a couple of chocolates for when I have a cheat day, but hid them from view, and left the rest of it alone. I 'm hoping the rest of the office will devour the candy today while I'm at our other office.

I have finally updated my wieght, hopefully I'll get rid of the weight I put on last week by the end of this week. Have a great OP day!
Mindy5936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #14  
Baby Steps

Once again I'm on the fly. Today I'm meeting the church ladies (different ones from last night), then coming home and getting ready to take oldest DD to the orthodentist (she broke a bracket off). Then rush her home, then rush to go to youngest DD's GS meeting. Then afterwards take her Christmas shopping. Did I mention in all that I'm not really feeling too well? I have a minor headache, my throat is sore and my belly feels blech. Hmm.....flu? Just what I need!! NOT!!! Who has time to be sick right now? Not me. Ok, time for me to head out the door. Hopefully tomorrow I can get online and do personals
Old 12-20-2005, 09:33 AM   #15  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Brenda: you're a busy woman today! feeling better yet??

Mindy: I know what you mean, we had baskets and sweets boxes galore sent to the clinic yesterday...and patients thanking us for everything with big boxes of fudge. I have to walk by the break room each time I take a patient back so it sucked having to look at it all but I just refused to step inside and everything went good You can always just give the tin of goodies to someone else or toss it when no one is looking...just imagine a big blob of fat inside LOL

I'm off to go shopping with the family today, have to get some last minute gifts and am going to pick up a gazelle so I'll have something to do when I can't walk outside this winter. Also gonna drop by the thrift shop and see if I can find some 14's...it's so hard for me to spend so much on clothes knowing that I won't be in them very long.

Have an awesome day girls! drink that water!!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote