Old 11-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #16  
Atkins Lover

Morning all!! Hope everyone is doing good! I have been sick and my back has been giving me fits because the weather keeps changing every 2 minutes here. LOL Anyways I have lost 2lbs since last week!! I'm weighing in at 270lbs. I am really happy. I actually think that I'm gonna weigh myself Friday or Saturday to see where I'm at because seeing that 270 this morning was wonderful!! I like the goal thing we have going and that is really motivating me right now. I haven't worked out much because of being sick, but I'm hoping to get a ride in tonight. I'll come back and do personals later....have to get in the shower. Have a great & OP day!!
beckamundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:32 AM   #17  
Baby Steps

Robin: did you get the bulbs planted? Congrats on the merger! The job you all did was AWESOME!!!

Lacey: Don't worry about the 4 pounds. They'll be gone before you know it! OUCH on the bill but bet you had fun while doing it!! I was working on personals this morning right away and the wind kept knocking the power out and they disappeared. I had to start over!

Bec: Congrats on the 2 pounds lost! Keep up the great work and sorry to hear you were sick. Sounds like you're feeling better so that's good

Did my WI and I lost my 1 pound for the Christmas to me now to KEEP IT OFF!!! I've been drinking this Lipton diet green tea stuff. It's not too bad! I'm going to ween myself off soda (maybe this weekend) and hopefully drink water AND that.

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 11-09-2005 at 08:37 AM.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #18  
Baby Steps

Forgot to mention TOM is making an early appearance and wouldn't you know it happens to be DH and my 17th anniversary this weekend!! Talk about putting a damper on things!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 AM   #19  
Atkins Lover

TENN~WAY TO GO ON THE LOSS!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Brenda~Good job on losing!! You can do this. Your walks through the woods are wonderful ways to exercise. I think I'm gonna try some of the green tea stuff.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #20  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Its pouring rain, thunder and lightening here right now....dh and I were just in the basement, and the walls are weeping. Very strange....but its all draining very well. The wood stove is on, and I think I'll do some cooking today. Its a good day to stay in!!

I got my bulbs in yesterday, and just in time too!!

Brenda~ great going on the lbs gone! I sympathize with you....my poor dh usually has to wait for his special b-day present

Bec~ nice to have you back.....feel better soon!

Audrey~ Hawaii!! How awesome is that!?!?!?!!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #21  
TemporaryFatChick

Robin - that is so cool, really artistic! As for your Dahlia's, mine are still blooming nee ner nee ner! Once in a while I have them up till Thanksgiving, and I think this is going to be one of those years. I staill have Calendula and a few leggy petunia's blooming, but I know it's almost over *sniff*. I really need to get my butt in gear and set out some Pansy's if I'm going to have them, I'm so late already I may just let it go.

Sarah, the calories you ate over the weekend are the ones you dump OP this week Don't let it throw you, just go on.

mmMMmmmm, new panties - what is it about them that makes my day, even when no one else ever sees them? I can't wait till I loose enough weight to justify new panties, and I hope and pray that as I loose the girls will shrink enough that I can wear a lacy pretty bra instead of the industrial structures I wear now!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #22  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone.

I don't know if you remember me, but I posted here for awhile and then went off Low Carb and didnt feel that I should post here. Anyhow, I have lost some weight, but very slowly. I am back to low carbing it and I do feel so much better when I am OP. My problem is weekends. I can lose weight during the week, then on the weekend I eat stuff that I shouldnt and then I gain some of the weight that I had lost. Its so frustrating and I have no idea why I do it. My husbands trying to eat healthier too (he had a HA in Sept) but he eats what he wants on weekends. So, I let him be my excuse. Pretty sad. Well, I just wanted to say hello and see if you mind me jumping back in here. My husband doesnt do low carb, he eats a heart healthy lower fat diet, so I'm kinda on my own. We do eat the same for dinner, though, and thats pretty easy. Sorry to ramble! Talk to you soon.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #23  
Lovin' Life

Tenn ....my petunias were looking spindly and I know the snow is coming! Im loving this weather tho!! Do you get much snow where you are?

Andrea~ Welcome back! You've lost 70lbs!! awesome job!!

Last edited by RobinW; 11-09-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #24  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Height: 5'3"

We've had some chilly days here in Kansas, but nothing too bad. My zennias and marigolds still look pretty good. I brought my geranium and hibiscus inside and the hibiscus died. I was really upset about that because they're my favorite flowers and it was our 1 year anniversary gift from my parents...

Thanks for the welcome, Robin!

Hello to everyone else!
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #25  
Baby Steps

Default Wednesday Night

Bec:

Robin: great going on getting the bulbs in. So do you know what type of bulbs/plants aren't supposed to stay in the ground over winter? Then again, I can't remember what I planted so can't ask if they need to come out

Tenn: I hear you on wanting pretty bras!! I want to wear something other than sports bra's. As for pretty undies...I've got a couple pair from my "10 pounds ago" weight that I bought for "encouragement" (mine, not DH's ) and now they don't look good at all. Got a pair picked out??

Andrea: Welcome back Jump right in, we don't mind! You seem to have the same problem I do....staying OP on the weekends even though the week is easy. Any clue how we can get past this??

I'm trying to think how to get past NOT cheating on my anniversary Saturday. After all, Thanksgiving is coming and it's not Thanksgiving w/out STUFFING and BUNS! So maybe I should have 2 cheats this month? Hm. Not sure how to handle this. Tempted to say the heck with it and just allow the weekends as long as I get the weeks right...and then bump it up in January. BUT who knows HOW much I'd have to lose THEN!!! Shoot, I could be starting where I used to be...and I DON'T WANT THAT!! So guess I need a motivator. Hmm...is it ok to cheat on occasions?

Last edited by lady_adnerb; 11-10-2005 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #26  
Baby Steps

Default Thursday

Well, TOM has arrived along with the bloated, crampy feeling. ARGH!! Won't be doing much today that's for sure. I'm looking forward to this weekend. DH and I are going to do our Christmas shopping on Saturday (our anniversary) while the girls are away ALL day/night!! They're (the DD's) are going to the Power Of One concert. Kind of bummed I can't go....but I'll "suffer" through. Still not sure what I'm doing about the eating portion on Saturday. We're going to my FAVORITE restaurant (Red Lobster) and I just LOVE their rolls (I think they're called rolls). I think I'll just say the heck w/it and eat. And worry about the weight on Sunday
Old 11-10-2005, 09:53 AM   #27  
Atkins Lover

Morning all!! It's been a busy one for me already, getting food made for open house tonight, laundry, cleaning, showering, business things, etc, etc.

Andrea!! WELCOME!! Glad you are hear and I also have problems w/the weekends. A lot of it depends on how much stuff we have going on and right now.....we have LOTS going on!!

Brenda~Have you been for a walk in the woods lately? I truly believe that there are 'special' times in our lives when we shouldn't WORRY about what we are eating. It doesn't mean or give us permission to go totally off the deep end, but we know that it is okay to eat something that we wouldn't normally get all year long and that you just commit back to being OP the next day. That is my philosphy!! Enjoy your anniversary!

Still no exercise for me, I having some really bad back pains lately (hurts to get dressed) and pains from the front also. I don't know if it is that TOM--which I don't ever know since all my plumbing is gone except one ovary. The pain is just there and constant. DH jokingly said this morning that I'm passing kidney stones. I told him he was nuts. He just wants me to go to the dr. since I haven't gone sinc emy 6 week post op after my hysterectomy. I don't want to listen to them go on and on about my weight. I'm hard enough on myself, so is my mom, I don't need anyone else. I know it isn't good that I haven't been there because I am more at risk since my surgery for cancer, but I'm just scared on so many counts. Having your uterus taken at 28 because the ca125 blood test shows that the 'probable cancer cells' elevated quite a bit in a 6 month span just makes me cry still to this date. It was my choice to have it done and I did it because of past family history w/cancer and being so young that I didn't want something to come back and bite me in the butt years later...so why am I not going to the dr.'s now??? I'm embarassed by my weight. I feel so good about the 19lbs I have lost and to say I'm 270lbs makes me feel so good and I don't want to lose that. I know I'm obese, fat, over weight, WHATEVER they want to call it. I just don't want to get discouraged and go back to 'comfort eating'. OKAY...I have just gone waaayyyyy off topic, but maybe some of you feel this way and have some suggestions on how to deal w/it.

Have a great and OP day chickies!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:15 AM   #28  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda~ I agree with Bec, special dates are an exception. Your way of eating has to allow for a day here and there to celebrate life, the way you want to celebrate it.

Bec~ I just want to give you a big hug. Put it in your head that you have been doing good, you have lost weight, and your proud of yourself!! Then go to the doctor....your doctor will know you have have lost 15lbs when they look at your weight. If they go on and on about it, just tell them to stop. Tell them "I am taking care of that issue, and I do NOT want to discuss it anymore" You really should go get checked out tho. I dont know much about your surgery, but if you havent been overdoing it, you shouldnt have pain. Or so much of it.

Not much happening around here today....Ive been out christmas shopping, and Im having such a hard time with my daughter. She just turned 9, and she is at that funny age, where she is too old for so many of the toys, and too young for some of the techno gadgets. She has a "list" but its all pretty much the same stuff. Any ideas ladies?

I'll check back later...have a great day ladies.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #29  
Atkins Lover

Actually Robin, I should have mentioned that my surgery was in 2003 (10 months after birth of 3rd child) and I have gained 40lbs since that surgery. I do need to go, just got to work on the mind set part. Thanks for the hug!!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 AM   #30  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Wink

Bec: Robins advice is excellent! It's better to be safe than sorry and surely they will notice and be proud of your weight loss. Let us know how it all pans out, there's no reason to be in pain in this day and age. We see patients that weigh hundreds of pounds more than you do, and I NEVER say anything to them about weight loss. (of course I've been obese myself for my whole life so that could factor in too)

as for me, I am on an emotional roller coaster and I don't know why. One minute I'm wanting to throw in the towel because I gained those 4 pounds, don't know why and can't get rid of them (oh, and of course other stuff) and the next I just want to jump up and start cleaning house.

and my dh is acting all freaky. I was putting on foundation this morning (which I've done every day since I was 15) and he starts asking who I'm wearing makeup for. Then he starts accusing me of going to a BAR while he's at work!

Seriously, I'd much rather be shopping than at a bar A bar?! It's just crazy.

Has jealous husband syndrome happened to y'all and what'd you do about it?

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote