Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Lacey - my dh is the same way. If I don't get dressed all day or do my hair he thinks I don't do anything all day, but the minute I get dressed and put make up on he thinks something is up. Feel good about yourself, and if putting make up on helps then so be it!

I'm dying with a cold now that I don't have the tummy flu anymore. I went out last night with my mom to listen to music and all the smoke at the bar killed my lungs. I went from sick to sicker overnight. I'm trying to figure out what I'm hungry for today.
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:56 AM   #32  
We're TTC!!

S/C/G: 303/281/Goal#1:271

Good morning everyone!

Brenda and Bec- Yeah, I dread weekends for the eating and feeling cruddy and fat on Monday. Enjoy your anniversary over the weekend, Brenda!

Lacey- My dh likes me to wear lots of makeup, but he has been doing this jealously play teasing me about a male friend of mine. Men. I second Audrey...keep wearing the makeup!

Audrey- Sorry to hear that you are sick! Do you live in Kansas City, MO? If so, can I ask for suggestions on a really great steakhouse? Also, is Crown Center close to the Plaza? Thanks!

Dh and I are planning a trip to Kansas City over Thanksgiving weekend and I'm trying to tell myself to eat OP until the trip and then I will buy myself something special and even indulge a little with some different foods. I know you're not supposed to do that. Oh, well, I'm still a work in progress. LOL.

Not much going on here, just another busy day.

Have a great day everyone.
rebelridergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #33  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I think the jealous husband syndrome comes with the weight loss. My ex refused to acknowledge that I lost any weight (how can you miss 100lbs)?? but was very quick to accuse me of having an affair. Needless to say, I got smart about a whole lot of things (that was just the tip of the iceburg) I really dont know what to tell you, except point out that you have been doing this forever, and maybe now with all the weight gone you look prettier!!! He's noticed....so he can say ...Hey....you look great today honey instead of playing the jealous hubby. If he really thinks your at a bar in the middle of the afternoon, tell him to hire a p.i. or grow up! sometimes dh's are just dh's
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:20 PM   #34  
We're TTC!!

Well, I went to the Dr's today b/c I have been dealing with an awful sinus infection. I was so stinking mad. Here I've been thinking that my weight was 250...WRONG!!!!! I am flippin' 262! ARGGGHHH! I could feel my blood pressure rise. She was happy with it b/c the last time I went to see her I was 277 and since then I also quit smoking, but I was TICKED regardless! So, I have been very discouraged. And whiney. Being sick and then this has not made for a very happy Andrea. She wants me back in a month for my yearly and I am determined to get some weight off my big butt. Sorry for the whining and complaining. I feel violated by that stupid scale...LOL...its going in the trash!!!! I need to change my ticker and signature yet again...but I just don't have it in me tonight.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #35  
Lovin' Life

...ok, when you were 277, did you weigh the same at home? 12lbs is a huge difference between your home scale and the dr's scale. I'd be inclined to be suspicious!

Had you eaten much before your appt?
Did you have shoes and clothing on?....but weigh nekkid at home?
How much water had you drank before the appt?

Lots of variables....dont get down and discouraged about it. Im thinking the 2 scales are alot closer than you are led to believe. Dont give up....you have done an amazing job!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #36  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

so glad you decided to go, and THRILLED that they noticed your weight loss and were nice about it!

yeah, don't forget your shoes, clothes, that you had eaten...and that it was a different scale! no need to change the tickers, if you did that then you'd have to go to the clinic every time you weighed and who wants to do that!

you're doing AWESOME just hang in there!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #37  

Andrea! Yup, I'm in Kansas City. As far as steak houses go I recommend Hereford House or if you want something more along the lines of smoked stuff I'd do Jack Stack which is in the freight house district. They have others around town, but that one has the environment for a romantic dinner and is close to Crown Center. I lived downtown until DH left for boot camp. Crown Center is actually down town, but it's maybe a five minute cab ride from the plaza if that. I know DH would go out partying when I was preggo and only spend about $15 in cab fare. If you need any more information let me know, I'd be happy to help!
Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 PM   #38  
TemporaryFatChick

Without being too nosey, is it close to that time of the month? Some types of OTC meds will cause you to retain water.

The tyrany of the scale
I wonder when the last time was your physician had that scale calibrated - scales like those do need to be maintained. I know it's really hard, but I'd try not to focus so much on the numbers - how do your clothes fit? Other than being sick at the moment, how do you feel overall? Did you take your measurements?

As for me...
Thank you all for your support when I was freaking out earlier. I can't believe I got that bent over some cookies - I swear I need to get a life!! *blush*

On the good side, I stayed OP all day, and the stress energized me for a very brisk 2.5 mile stomp, er, walk, when I got off work. I'm so glad that it's just about time to put this day away, and tomorrow is FRIDAY!! Ya Hoooooo!!
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #39  
Baby Steps

dang, I'm in a rush and hate that I can't do personals!! Just wanted to check in and let everyone know they're being thought of and you're all SO important to my keeping on track!! THANK YOU FOR ALL!!!
Ok...time to go feed deer and the other things on my "to do" list!! Have a great weekend everyone (if I don't manage to get back online today!)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:16 AM   #40  
We're TTC!!

Thanks for all the support ladies.

I'm not really sure what the at home scale said when I was 277 at the Dr's last time b/c I was in scale denial. I had on some really light clothes that weighed only 2 pounds more at home (I was 252 dressed), undressed was 250. I did drink quite a bit of water before the appointment and I could be getting close to TOM. Honestly, I don't know if its in my head now, but I dont feel as comfortable in my clothes as I did before. I feel like my jeans are tighter now. Although, I did eat badly for supper. I ate fish sticks and macaroni and cheese. It's a combo of being sick and bummed out. I wanted some comfort foods, I guess. Also, for some reason this past week I have been starving!

Tennessee- Good for you to get out walk!!

Audrey- Thank you so much for your suggestions! I wrote them down and put them in a little notebook. If you don't mind, I might PM you with some suggestions on good/bad areas to stay. I found a Raddisson close to Crown Center, so that should be safe. I think it would be much cheaper to stay by the airport or even in Overland Park, but I think it would be a lot of fun to be downtown, too. I bet that was a lot of fun living downtown!

Thanks again Lacey, Robin, and Ten for your support!

I hope that everyone has a great Friday!

What's everyones weekend plans?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:24 AM   #41  

PM away sweetie! Everyone thought we were crazy for having two babies downtown, but we loved it.

I woke up this morning ickier than ever, just not even comfortable in my own skin. I started breaking out in hives again too, so I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm ready for it to be four o'clock so I can go home!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 AM   #42  
Lovin' Life

Just a quickie this morning....we got a message saying 2 letters on a sign blew off a sign we did Its gonna be expensive Oh well, we'll fix it, and hopefully the wind wont blow it off the building again!! We are going to have to think of something to keep the swing of the letter to a minimum!!

I'll check back later tonight....have a great day!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #43  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

Talking

oh, Robin, that's awful! The fact that you're taking care of it will pay off big time in the future though, NOTHING beats good customer service!

Tenn: way to hang in there and stand up for the 'cookie incident'

My day has been fantastic so far, I woke up at 6 and got 3 miles in before anyone woke up and then this morning, before he went to work, dh drove me to town and watched our 3 year old while I tanned It just made my whole day I think I'll clean and make something yummy for supper since he was so sweet to me this morning

weekend plans...hmm...sew, hopefully go shopping and try to get in as much exercise as I can

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:16 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

Well, we have absolutely NO idea how the sign came undone!! The way they were hooked, you couldnt do it yourself, even if you were holding your tongue just right. Truly a puzzle!! Thankfullly they had one letter that was stuck in a bush but they couldnt find the other! So we ordered the other blank, and hopefully this will never happen again! I just dont know how it happened We found out that a grand opening banner we had done blew off too. Again.....we havent a clue how it came off without tearing!! Its a mystery really it is!!

Well there is work to do before dh takes me out for supper. Today is the 4th anniversary of our very first meeting In the starbucks parking lot in St. Catharines ontario...under the big light post

Have a good one