Old 11-15-2004, 07:37 AM   #1  

Default An Intro from a newbie

Greetings everyone!!!

I'm a new person here and thought I would take a minute or two to introduce myself. My name is Nikki, and I'm starting Atkins tomorrow.

I decided to wait until I had read the book, done some research, and planned a grocery shopping trip before jumping on the band wagon. I'm headed to the grocery store in about 2 hours and I'm ready to jump in with both feet.

A little bit about me ... I'm 29, married, mom to a 3 year old little boy, and a military wife currently living in Germany.

I'm now up to 195 lbs at 5'5" and to put it bluntly, I'm not happy about it. I put on almost 25 lbs when DH was deployed to Iraq (can we say comfort foods) and added another 10 since he's been home ( a lot of time spent traveling and eating out way too frequently) So, I looked over my weightloss options, and chose the Atkins approach.

That's a quick bit of info about me. I've been looking through the site, and you all seem like such a warm and wonderful group, that I just had to say Hi!

Nikki
mama2littleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:17 AM   #2  

Hey Nikki! Welcome to the group!

Check out our daily thread....we love to talk!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:33 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Nikki welcome!! Sounds like you've got the right idea in reading, researching and shopping before starting. If you have any questions feel free to ask (or check out the FAQ sticky at the top) ! We're a nice, friendly, helpful bunch and like Jane said, feel free to come to the daily chat for some humorous reading
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Nikki - WELCOME! I am so glad you found us!

You are doing Atkins just like I did! I made sure I read the book cover to cover! And it really does help! Come post with us too on the daily thread.. coming in and posting really helps you keep motivated and to stick with it!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Welcome Nikki great to meet you, and thank your DH for doing what he does!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #6  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've been taking a little time today to get aquainted with the boards and have read the stickys and the FAQ's.

I have to say, the most inspirational thread for me, so far, is "the little things" thread where all of you mentioned the things you noticed while you were losing weight, i.e. rings too big, old clothes fitting, and people commenting on your new svelt figures.

I'm looking forward to starting tomorrow. I have a fridge full and pantry stuffed with "legal foods" and DH is joining me so I won't have to worry about getting side tracked by someone eating pancakes or sandwiches.

Nikki
Old 11-15-2004, 01:31 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Welcome, Nikki! I'm so glad you've joined us! Great job of researching Atkins thoroughly before starting -- that is definitely the way to do it. I know you'll do great!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #8  

Welcome, Nikki!

First of all, thank you so much to your hubby for his service to our country! We really appreciate the sacrifices you both make for our safety and freedom.

You're going to do great on Atkins! There is so much wonderful advice and support on this board and you'll feel right at home here.

Good luck!
BeckieBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:09 AM   #9  
on my way down again

Nikki, I'm so glad you're joining in the Atkins' group. It's very nice here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you...I went on vacation, no trying to play catch up here and at home. I hope you join in the daily threads. Sonnet
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:41 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Nikki,

Glad your here WOW your in Germany, it must be beautiful there, I can only imagine the old buildings and beautiful designs. Where in the States are you from?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:47 AM   #11  

You ladies are so sweet. THanks again for making me feel so welcome. Dh really appreciates your thanks and well wishes. He spent 16 months in Iraq and I can't tell you how glad he is to be home with his family.

About Germany ... It is absolutely beautiful. We have spent a lot of time traveling and the old castles and architechture are amazing. Our favorite place to have dinner is a 14th century castle that serves food hunted or raised right on the castle grounds. We also go to poland to shop for Polish pottery and belgium fro antique shopping. All and all, it's been a pretty great experience. Today, we're leaving for Illesheim, a town in southern Germany, that's located not too far away from Rothenburg, an achient walled city. I'll take pics this weekend and post them on Monday.

Nikki
Old 11-19-2004, 08:40 AM   #12  
Baby Steps

oh cool!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!! I've never traveled much. Only been to a couple states besides mine. Never been out of the country (not in this life anyway )
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 09:05 PM   #13  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Hello Nikki & welcome to the forum !! I am back on the Atkins wagon so I know how it feels to just start out. I am on day 3. How is it going so far for you ?
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote