Old 06-28-2004, 09:51 AM   #16  
Baby Steps

If we're counting tae-bo as more, that means my trek miles were higher than I figured. How about we count tae-bo as 2. And the WATP as 4 (for the 1 mile), 3 (for the 2) and so on?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:34 AM   #17  

Jane and Brenda: Still too early for them to tell the sex of the baby yet. Looks like a little butterbean right now I have another ultrasound in about 2 months and they said they should be able to tell the sex then. DH doesn't want to know the sex he wants to be surpirsed. I want to know. So not really sure what we are gonna do yet. DH is hoping that at the ultrasound the baby will be turned wrong or something and they won't be able to tell. Oh well...we will see in 2 months. I really don't have a preference to what sex it is..just would like to know!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good morning everyone.

Leenie: Don’t worry about not being able to stick to this diet for more than 4 days. It is summer and fresh, full of sugar fruits are all out there. It is hard to turn them down. If I may make a suggestion, enjoy the summer, enjoy the fresh fruits, stay away from the processed refined sugar and starches, and if you went overboard with the carbs because of the fruits, a few days of the week, as long as the number of days that you stick to the program according to your own standard is more than the days that you didn’t, I would say you are doing great.

Jane: I am sorry you are tired. I guess you are like a friend of mine, she always needs Mondays to recuperate from her busy fun weekends. Okay I just read your other entry of what you have done this weekend. You were on the go the whole weekend, but seems that it was a busy fun weekend. Now try to relax today.

Lori: I am glad you had a great weekend. And good luck on your 5K run next week.

TG: Way to go on staying OP all weekend and going to gym last week. Here is to many more OP weekends and active weeks to follow.

Brenda: You might not see the numbers on the scale going down, but if you are exercising you are definitely losing. The drawback of exercising (well not really, BUT) is that the muscles hold on to more water to repair themselves and we don’t see any decrease on the scale for a while. That actually has happened to me. For 4 weeks my weight stayed at 144.6, some days it went up to 144.8 but then the next day was back down. I was getting very discouraged and then BAM. On Saturday I was down little over 1.5 pounds and then Sunday another 0.5 pound. There is no way that I could have lost 2 pounds in 2 days. What has happened, I think, is that I was losing regularly but my body was holding to the water so I couldn’t see the loss. Than on Saturday, somehow, it decided to let go, LOL, so I saw a lower number. Don’t think you are not losing, you are, and you are going to see it reflected on the scale very soon.

Mrs. H: I am glad you had a great vacation. Hopefully this week would go fast for all of us. And congratulations on having ONE baby. I didn’t see your other entries, were you guys expecting more, LOL? I hope that you have an enjoyable pregnancy. A friend of mine says that her pregnancy was one of the best experiences of her life.

So as I mentioned above I broke 27 day plateau and saw a smaller number on the scale on Saturday. The funny thing was that it really didn’t register and I was about to step off the scale and go on my way when suddenly I realized that no I am seeing new numbers. I am trying to learn from this, I didn’t do anything differently when the plateau started and didn’t do anything differently when it finally got broken. I guess my body just needed this time to adjust. I am really happy because for one I can change my aviator to reflect the 15 pounds lost and also I passed the 60% to goal mark.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 AM   #19  

Rachel: At my last appointment, the dr did a quickie ultrasound just because the ultrasound room was free and the tech was out. Well....she thought that she saw 2 babies. Scared us to death as we have lots of twins in our families. My grandma has twin brothers, I have twin cousins, and we have 6 month old twin neice/nephew. They made an appt with the technician the next day and she swears there is only one. Don't know what the doctor did wrong, because I saw what I thought were 2 babies also. But the technician is the one who knows what she's doing, and she says she is sure that there is only ONE!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:02 AM   #20  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default What NOT to do...

So, I could write lots of posts about my weekend - but will start
with this one:

Do not feed your child Sugar-Free gummy bears.

DH was very excited to find "Sugar Free" gummy bears at the mall.
Excited because dd cannot have Corn Syrup - but loves gummy bears.
They are Splenda sweetened - but are also LOADED with Sugar Alcohols.

Sugar Alcohols as you all know have a rather, um, laxative effect - and it doesn't take much even for adults.

So, I have been rationing out the small bag of gummy bears he bought
her ($12/pound!) and yesterday she had 5 of them. Then, daddy gave
her 5 more without asking me - then daddy gave her the bag and forgot
about it. I came up the stairs and saw her sitting there with a
mostly empty bag - dh was horrified that he forgot she was eating
them.

So, fast forward 12 hours.... dd is in intestinal agony - though
outwardly appeared fine. Worst diaper ever!! Then, I stay up until
midnight finishing my laundry and remaking the bed (!!) and get
awakened at 2am by dd whose "bottom hurts" and she wants more milk.
Sheesh... she was fine as long as she kept playing but the second I
wanted her to go back to sleep, she acted like I was going to hurt
her.

At 4:15 this morning, I gave up sleeping for the night, got dressed
and came to work. It is not 7:45, and it is starting to catch up with
me. Dh has to open the garage door for me and after he opened it up,
he looked over at me blinked and said "What time IS it anyhow?" I
said "4:30" and his eyebrows went WAY up.

So, please, don't feed your child Sugar Free Gummy bears. Unless they
really need a good "cleaning out."

Lisa S. - whose dh has to learn from personal experience...
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:06 AM   #21  
Baby Steps

Lisa: How about if YOU find out the sex as DH is out of the room??

Rachel: I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter WHAT the scale says. That I'm happy with the way I am. And most days I AM happy---then I look in the mirror I KNOW I should lose more weight to at least TONE things up. And truthfully I COULD care less what the scale said, if the measuring tape would drop some numbers. Or if I LOOKED smaller-more toned. I know, have patience. But that's something I've NEVER had.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:09 AM   #22  
Baby Steps

Just realised we have TWO Lisa's.

Lisa: I'll have to remember the SF gummy bear trick when youngest DD can't poop. She has some type of problem that makes it hard. I give her stool softeners and sometimes that's not enough. Maybe the SF gummy bears would work better

Well, I'm now off to run errands. Yah, I suck at trying to be a princess. It just can't be done for me. Did I mention the great sale they were having on shrubs and stuff? we got 9 shrubs and 1 burning bush. Got those planted (DH did the planting. I just watered) yesterday. I can't wait to see them grow up. And now I've got a plan on what to do with the backyard!!!
Oh, I really want to know what I did wrong w/pilates!!! Thought it'd be harder than that. So I KNOW I did something wrong
Old 06-28-2004, 11:17 AM   #23  
Each Bite of Sugar...

I just told my dh that we were finding out. I HAD to know - and didn't give him a choice. LOL!! Luckily after I explained my position, he wanted to know as well. Before he wasn't so sure...

I HAD to know.
StorybookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #24  

Good Morning All!

I'm not feeling my motivation coming back at all! But, despite that, I solemnly swear to stick to plan this week. I also solemnly swear to get my rear out of bed tomorrow morning for a run. I'm hoping that will help w/the lack of motivation...

Now that I promised it out loud, maybe I can make it happen!

Hope you all have a great day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:54 AM   #25  
Head Princess

Goodness, it's chatty in here today! It's like the old days

Leenie - For me it was a mental thing. I started thinking in terms of "I don't or won't eat that" as opposed to "I can't eat that" which just made me want to. Just a thought.

Jane - Good morning! Remember, if you're doing something that can be physically measured in miles, every 20 minutes counts as a mile

Lori - Welcome back! I had a Foreman grill and honestly, I wasn't too fond of it. It has a tendency to make steak, chicken, and fish tough so I only used it for hamburgers. I'm much more fond of my indoor grill.

TG - Great job hitting the gym and staying OP!

Brenda - The trick with Pilates is focusing on your core muscles. Keep your belly button sunken in towards your spine (this is not the same as sucking in your stomach - it should be more of a dropping feeling) at all times. To really understand what should be happening internally, I recommend buying the book The Pilates Body by Brooke Siler. I think it's $16 at Target.

Mrs H - Welcome back!

Lisa - Too funny about the sf gummy bears! Welcome back!

Kerri - Send me your address - I'm on my way to go kick you!

I had an adventurous weekend (what's new?). Friday night was a pajama party at the bar. Since no one I know sleeps in pj's, we all went on a shopping trip. I ended up in a completely cute pair of girly boxers that looked like a red bandanna, a t-shirt, and slippers. We had a great time and of course, drank too much.

Fast forward 3 hours. DH is waking me up (I'm still drunk) and telling me we're going to Albany (1 1/2 hours away) to visit his dad because some relatives from out of town were visiting. Ugh! I was not a happy camper! But it did spare me the hangover I would have had. Good think DH didn't drink nearly as much as I did. By the time we got home on Saturday night, we were dead so we flopped on the couch and stayed there for the night.

Sunday. DH had training and work, so I had the day all to myself. I spent the day on the back porch in shorts and a bikini top (can you believe it???) sanding that damn cabinet. I think I hate the thing. Not only is it a pain in the butt to get that paint off, but I'm discovering that the thing is really badly put together. If it wasn't for the fact that it was mine as a kid and therefore has some sentimental value and the amount of time and money I've already invested it in, I'd throw the damn thing away.

We had movie night last night with some friends. We watched the unrated version of Eurotrip. OMG that was a funny movie. But not for anyone easily offended.

So it's Monday and I've taken an hour typing this because I keep getting interrupted. Grrrrrrrrrrr I can't believe they want me to work at work!

Have a great day everyone!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #26  

Star - if I don't make it this week, I will definitely send you my address for one LARGE kick in rear! I think that a BIG part of my problem right now is that I got off program and the sugar cravings came back. Go figure. Once I kick that again I should be fine. Right? Hard to be motivated when you'd kill for chocolate. This is my week though, I can feel it!

I was at the health club pool yesterday and there were a lot of women in cute little bikinis which started to spark my motivation. Oh to have a bikini body! I think I just need to keep that in mind.

Here we go...
Old 06-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #27  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

ok.. I am royally and thourghly bummed this morning!

I am back up 2.5 pounds. Granted, TOM made his unwanted appearance yesterday, but sheesh! But the good news is that I am down .5 pounds from last week. sigh...

I dont have a whole lot of time to write as I have a ton of work to do.. but I wanted to check into and read everyones posts.. I will be back later... after my run!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #28  
Total Sass Bucket

Hi all

Well, I got sicker than last week. I think I checked in on Monday and said I was sick and the doctor thought it was just from drainage. So... I woke up Tuesday and couldn't swallow at all. My throat was swollen so badly that I could barely even get water down. So I called my allergist and made an appointment for Wednesday since he's not in on Tuesday's. My BF called in sick on Tuesday because he was starting to feel icky as well. He got into see his doctor and his doctor listened to his story of how I got it from Kevin and my BF got it from me... said we didn't have strep but it was a nasty bacterial throat infection and gave him a prescription for antibiotics... and then... bless his heart... wrote out a prescription for me even though I didn't go in. On wednesday I couldn't even get out of bed but the fever broke halfway through the day... and finally today the sore throat is allll gone. It was awful.

Sounds like everyone has been busy busy busy! Looks like I'm going to be baling hay for the first time ever this week.... which TRUST ME will end up on my equator trek miles. Hopefully I will manage to get some sort of enjoyment out of it.

Oh, and then the saddest news of all. My BF's and my friend Kevin has this litter of kittens living in his garage. Well, I totally fell in love with one and named it Critter and was gonna take her home as soon as I got my cat all caught up on his shots... just to make sure he didn't get feline leukemia from her or something... Well.... she's been missing for a week now and I'm sooo trying to come to terms with the fact that something probably ate her. I could just cry! Critter was the best kitten in that litter too... the only one who figured out we weren't gonna kill her and would come around wanting attention or to play or just sit in my lap.

Hope you're all having a great day. I'll catch up on personals tomorrow.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #29  
Baby Steps

Kerri: When you find your motivation would ya look for mine?? And isn't it amazing what kind of inspiration a bikini can do? Just not sure even if I work hard at it I'll ever have the bikini type body.

Star: Your weekends are ALWAYS interesting to read about. But I don't think I'd have the energy to live them!! As for my belly sinking to my back? There must be too much fat to feel it do that. I could feel it pull in my back and legs though, so I'll keep up with them.

Karen: sorry to hear about the weight. But at least you're still down some--and TOM sure does like to mess things up doesn't it? We seem to be on/around the same schedule

Shimma: welcome back. Glad to hear you're getting better. You're lucky you got someone to give you a prescription. I had that sore throat for the longest time and the doc I went to see didnt' give me jack so I ended up with it the longest in the family (they went to docs that DID prescribe stuff). Go figure!! Hope it's gone for good and you're back to yourself

Well, my day of running is over. Now I can sit back and relax.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:13 PM   #30  

Brenda - I'm w/ya on that bikini thing. I could lose all the weight I need to, but I'd still have to buy some boobs to have the appropriate bikini body.

Hmmm... might just have to make a purchase when I hit my goal weight.