Old 06-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #1  

Default Wednesday Chat

Just starting this baby up!
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:38 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Jane!!

I've got to quit buying LC ice cream! I eat the danged stuff (a bowl full every night) until it's gone! ARGH!!! I can't believe it's FINALLY Wednesday, but unfortunately the work day isn't over yet. lol. I really canNOT wait for the weekend. It's going to be a lazy one. DH and I decided to stay home, veg out and just watch movies all weekend. So hopefully the days go slow as I'm sick of work. Um, should I mention tomorrow is my last day of work and I don't go back until Tuesday? I plan on folding clothes and hopefully getting some of this house cleaned (or at least straightened) up. I know, I know, I said that a while ago. lol. The girls are almost over having to get rid of the dog. I'm going today sometime to get prints from Wal-Mart of them w/the dog. That way they can keep them. I managed to workout yesterday even with my ankle. Bandaged it up and that helped a little. Wish the danged thing would get better so I wouldn't have to worry about injuring it!! GRRRR
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:39 AM   #3  

Morning all to come.

Well I have a vent today....I had my nails done last Saturday (the pink and white acrylic) and the finish is not smooth. Now I know that I can be a pain in the about things but this is driving me crazy. I went to the shop at lunch yesterday and they said "oh yeah that is probably because of the liquid glass finish that we put on" They gave me some acetone and told me to use that then buff them. I had to do it! So I used the acetone and then went back to work and buffed them. Well they were worse. So I called the shop again and this time the owner told me that she could squeeze me in at 6:45pm in the other location (where I had them done). Now this place is not close to work or home! Don't ask me why I went there! But I go and kill some time by shopping etc before the appt. I get in and she simply buffs them and puts another clear coat on them and says "I don't know what is causing the problem" I said "do you think we need to drill them down and put another layer on them?" and she says "I have another appt and can't do that now". SO I DRIVE ALL THE WAY THERE AND THEN SHE CAN'T FIX THEM!
Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

I would love to call the owner today and complain but I think I should just cut my losses and find another place that does them. It is hard to find people that specialize in the pink and whites. That is my quest for today!

So, how are all of you today?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:41 AM   #4  

Hi Brenda: When did you hurt your ankle....I must have missed that. Hope it gets better soon. Don't worry about the girls and the dog....they will get over it sooner than you think. Kids have this ability to just move on that always amazes me. Sounds like a great weekend plan!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:41 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Sorry to hear about your nails. I WOULD call the owner even if you plan on going elsewhere. Who knows how many other people they're doing this with and getting away with it. Besides, you paid good money to get them done right and you're not happy. Customer satisfaction should be their #1 priority.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 AM   #6  

I know, I know....but I feel like such a complainer! My husband says I am just too picky. I am a Leo...what can I say?
Old 06-23-2004, 08:44 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I'm not exactly sure WHAT happened w/my ankle. I've always had problems with it but usually a good pair of tennis shoes takes care of it (until they wear out and I need a new pair. Usually every 1-2 years). But now I noticed about a week or so ago I have a bump on the side of my ankle and it had been bruised. The bruise is gone but the bump's still there. I've got new shoes but the ache (and sometimes pain) is still there. I hate to NOT exercise because DH has joined me in it and I might get out of the habit again. But there are times I feel like the bump is going to bust right out of my ankle. it's like right below the ankle bone.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:45 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

If you're not picky who will be? And you're not complaining (much ), you're just expecting GOOD service. And you've a right to. So go ahead, call the owner!!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:46 AM   #9  

You should have that looked at!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:46 AM   #10  
Baby Steps

argh...time for me to go to work. Why can't I just call in sick??
Oh, TOM is coming this weekend and I can tell cuz I'm getting tired, cranky and irritable. Poor DH!! lol Oh,,,,and it's getting to the "where's the chocolate" phase.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:47 AM   #11  
Baby Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760
You should have that looked at!
I know, I know. I just feel like it's such a little thing and I should just grin and bear it.
c'ya all after work!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey you two !!

Brenda, didn't we discuss exercise was BAD for you.... just joshin, sorry to hear about your ankle, make hubby give it a massage

Jane I would go back w/the nails and make them get it right, sheeesh.......guess what, I'm a Leo too and when I pay for something I want it perfect. GROWLLLLLL

Nothing much is new today, just gonna sit here at work and pay some bills then so some computer work BORIN......KAH" *yawn*

BBL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:00 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE TO COME

Where are my manners........sheeesh
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:02 AM   #14  

Good morning Leenie I am Leo hear me roar! GROWL!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #15  

Morning.

Brenda - Hope you ankle get better soon.

Jane - I hav epink and whites and have never hada problem, but if I did, you bet I'd complain. My Manacurist is great though. If I break one, she fits me in and fixes it for free. Done side, she has triplets so she is only there W-F.

Lennie -

Have a good day everyone
morti is offline   Reply With Quote