Old 06-23-2004, 03:04 PM   #31  

Morti: That's too bad you felt this way last week. Glad Danny is a help. We understand.........we are always here to pick you up if you need us.

When I used to go to this Vietnamese woman who did my nails they would always turn yellow (the acrylic) and the white was never nice and curved following the tip of the nail. This new place specializes in french acrylic and they put a nice white curve and they use a good clear pink so they look real and haven't discolored. Mine never lift either as long as they use a drill. If they just use a file I used to always have problems with them lifting around the edges. This new place SWARES you can go 3 weeks. My sil has been going to them for a while and she agrees.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:31 PM   #32  
Baby Steps

Morti: I recognise those feelings!!! I had them quite often myself. I started taking anti-depressant herbs and that helped. Then I switched to menopause pills. That helped better. For me it was a hormonal imbalance thing---the hormones switched w/out reason whenever it wanted. Hope you're "better" soon!! *Hugs*

Jane: how do you manage to do things w/long fingernails? Even typing I've had to keep mine short or else I hit every key I'm not supposed to. (should I mention lately my typing stinks and I hit all the wrong keys anyway??)
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:53 PM   #33  

Brenda: I don't let them get too long.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:12 PM   #34  

Jane - So, you think I could make it to MA to have my nails done on my lunch? Mine don't lift much and the tops never discolor, but I have very sensitive nail beds. $20 for fills, $23 for back fills and she always uses a drill. I like that they look completely natural w/o polish.

Brenda - I'm not normally down, just once in a while and not near as much as when I was married. That was ****, it was a strange day when I wasn't depressed. Now I have someone who treats me like the Queen I am!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:54 PM   #35  

I just went for my walk.....man it is freakin hot out there
Old 06-23-2004, 08:53 PM   #36  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Star, I was talking to hubby, he said if its a water based stripper forget it.... try to get one that has methalyine chloride (sp??) You need to use rubber gloves with it, dangerous but it will work. He said to pour it on and put a plastic bag/sheeting over it and let it sit for a few hours so that the chemicals can work its way thru the paint, he said it will only go thru a few layers of paint at a time so you will have to do this again. This is the same w/the stuff he works with, even industrial strength stripper.
Sometimes if the piece is old, the finish/paint won't come off. Don't just put one coat of stripper on, flood it.

Be very careful !! make sure your in a very ventilated area, outside would work best...watch out for kids and animals w/that stuff.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote