Old 06-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday June 16th - Chat

Good Morning !!

How's everyone today

Star !! oh Star !! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS, YOU GO GIRL, YOUR OUR INSPIRATION

Love you all !!

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:06 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Hope you have a great day. And you're exactly right. Star IS an inspiration. She's also great for INFORMATION Thanks Star for all your help

Well, I'm in my swimsuit, eating breakfast and going to be off and running in a couple minutes. WHAT HAVE I FORGOTTEN???? You know SOMETHING always gets forgotten.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:52 AM   #3  

Good morning Leenie

Have fun today Brenda!

Went out for dinner last night.....had chicken parm Oh well, onward today. Actually they don't bread them much so I don't think it was the worst thing in the world. The funny thing was though that this little Italian place where we go all the time (the owner went to school with my dh), he changes with the times.....you'd have to know him....and he had Atkins specials on the menu! Marinated chicken tenders (using his mothers italian dressing which only has 1 gram...we buy it all the time) and mashed cauliflower which tasted like it had parm cheese in it and grilled veggies. Of course I didn't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I thought it was funny that an Italian Restaurant had an Atkins Special.

Meeting one of my sil's tonight after work. My brother is traveling a lot for work these days and their kids are grown so she is all alone during the week. She has a lot going on in her life right now so I suggested we meet for some drinks after work. Should be fun. Haven't seen her for a while. I think we should do this once a month. I would really like to spend more time with my family.

Have a great day. Check in later..........
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Good morning all!!!

I was very happy to get on the scale this morning and see a 1.5 pound drop---finally!!

I second the emotion that all here are truly inspiring. Star, you are my motivation!!! I keep seeing you hit your plateaus and overcome them and that is what is keeping me going. I'm so relieved that I finally broke this one, I'm hoping I don't hit another soon. Those plateaus are soooooooooo discouraging!!!

Shimma - Was it you that was looking for that tri sched for me. I have decided to go ahead and do the tri and not switch to the dualthon. I read a board and it had some great posts about everyone's first tri and how most people botched the swimming. So, I've decided to just pursue my goal of finishing the tri even if I botch a few things!

Leenie - a big good morning to you!!!

Brenda - Did you decide to go into maintenance? Is that what I understood from your most recent posts? Good for you!!!! I'm glad you are happy with where you am encouraged by your content with your current weight. I'm not sure that I will be going to my goal either. I'm very happy with my weight and am just trying to be careful about what I eat, but I'm still try to lose a little more!

Well, my youngest goes to camp on Monday for a week. His first time! I'm a wreck! I think it will all be okay! Talk to you girls later!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:05 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All

Well, the scale has informed me that it doesn't intend to budge this week, which is ok with me seeing as how it's the tail end of TOM anyway. I drank too much beer last night, which I could just kick myself for. I was going to go and get some of that Thin Ice stuff but the liquor store that carries it is wayyyy on the other side of town and I didn't feel like the half hour drive it would take to get me there. Today I've got a hair cut scheduled. I drive an HOUR to go get my hair cut in my hometown. The prices are reasonable and this girl I went to high school with cuts it. We always have a good time chatting and catching up. Plus it's a good excuse to see my family.
Tomorrow I'm going to cash in the gift certificate to the local day spa that my BF got me for Christmas. I'm getting a facial and a pedicure and then I'll have some money left over on the gift certificate to buy some terribly expensive product they'll convince me I need. My friend Lisa from work is coming with me. I'm sooooooo excited!
Leeniee and Brenda: Have a great day!

Jane:Sounds like you're going to have fun with your sil. Enjoy!

Lori: I'll stop looking for the schedule. I think you've got a GREAT attitude. I'll be rooting for ya!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:23 AM   #6  

Shimma: It's so nice to be hearing from you again. Sounds like you are going to have a couple of "Princess" days. Have a blast. A little pampering once in a while is always a good thing. And of course you will HAVE to purchase some magical cream that they will suggest!

Lori: I am glad you decided to stay with the tri. I think you will feel better when it is said and done no matter how you do. You will have attempted it and that is what matters. I know you will do great!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #7  

Jane you little sneak!! I know you will have a great time with your sil...I need to do more with the 3 that I have, but they all have such different and unique personalities. You'd think after 12 years of marriage and 1/2 of that living within a mile of all of them that we would all be a little closer...but nope! Maybe I just need to put forth a little more effort.

Shimma - Yeah, stop looking for it. I'm doing pretty good at staying on my training program now and have renewed my determination.

Every write down on your calendars July 4th at 9am - Cheer for Lori!!!!! I have sent my registration for the 5K in, so I'm officially in the race. Wow, I can't believe it!!!

Ok, I should probably try and get SOME work done today!
Old 06-16-2004, 09:46 AM   #8  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning chickies

Lori- I will be rooting for you girl that is the coolest thing ever!!!

SP: Only 10 pounds to go!!! You go girl! You sexy thang you!! hahahaha

B- Have fun at the water park!

Shimma you gotta love a spa it will be great.

Jane that will be fun to have some time out with SIL, I should do that w/ my SIL more often.

Leenie HI!!!!!!!

Well I did good yesterday, I just need to bring up my water intake, it is hard though while I am sitting in training for 8 hrs a day and not moving around and you can't run to the potty every 5 mins!! If I can sneek outta here this am w/o ds noticing I am gonna go for another walk this am before work, since I am getting home to late ( and too tired) for the gym. DH was a putz yesterday and bought a 350.00 air compressor w/o talking to me about it first so we are having a spat about that (dumb boy).

Thats the news!! Have a great day!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 11:55 AM   #9  
Total Sass Bucket

Thanks Jane, it's good to be back. It's amazing how much this board helps me out. When I'm slacking off on Atkins... I rarely come around. It's when I stick around and listen to everyone that I get motivated again and find my gumption. It's just that my first instinct is to run away and hide. Preferably with chocolate cake
Old 06-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #10  

Good morning!

Lennie -

Brenda - Have fun at the water park. Go show of your sexy self!

Rhonda - I want to go! Okay, I'm done whining.

Lori - Congrats!

TG - Congrts on staying on track! Danny knows better than to spend anything over $100.00 w/o talking about it. I keep track of the money, but neither one of us would spend much w/o talking to the other. Common courtesy.

Jane - Go have a good time!

Slept well last night. Gosh I was tired! Keeping a little busy at work, but not busy enough to fill the day.

Danny asked me about maybe moving out of state. I guess he's ready for a change and he hates his job. Kinda nervous about this thought. I am established here with a good job and bought we bought our home 2 yrs ago. Only fair to mention, he was going to go back into the Coast Gurad when we started going together 5 yrs ago didn't to be with me. My girls were still here and I didn't have the option of moving then since I didn't want to disrupt their lives any further. They are both doing their own things now, so I could. It's just really scary to think of such a drastic change. Lots of thinking to do.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:03 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Good morning, darlings! Thank you so much for all the kind words today. You made my day!

Leenie - You wonderful lady! Have a great day!

Brenda - Where are you going in your swimsuit? Or is changing into regular clothes what you've forgotten?

Jane - Have a great time with SIL tonight!

Lori - Congrats on that 1.5 pounds!

Shimma - Can I go to the spa with you? I'll bring tiaras for 2!

TG - Good luck with your DB (dumb boy)! Dontcha just love them?

I'm falling over tired today. How many times do I say I'm not going to go out on a 'school' night? I went for a little girl time downtown with a friend of mine which turned into her, me, and her very well-off guy friend cruising around downtown until god-knows-when. He had us chauffered around in taxis, bought us drinks, bought us breakfast...... The last place we went to before breakfast was a gay strip bar (just down to g-strings) and my Nathan was there. Oh the debauchery! Breakfast was at a place called Roxy and yes, I had some of my hash browns. I'm retaining the water today to prove it!

I finally got home around 4:30 in the morning. I start to go into my house and as I reach to unlock my front door, I see A BIG WHITE SPIDER on the door jam. I am absolutely terrified of spiders. To make matters worse, when I have nightmares about them, they're always white. So there is no way that I am going to reach past it to unlock the door and go into my house. DH worked 8:00 pm - 4:00 am yesterday, so I knew he was on his way home. I waited outside until 4:45 and he came home. He laughed his butt off at me, killed the monstrosity and let me into the house. Oh, the trauma!

So here I am at work running on 3 hours of sleep and I haven't even gotten coffee yet! I see a big huge nap in my future
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:06 PM   #12  
Head Princess

Morti - You snuck in on me! I want to move! Can I go instead?
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #13  

Star: YOU NEED TO MOVE SO YOU CAN GET SOME REST!

Morti: Oh I don't know what I would do if dh asked me to move. I know he wants to go to FL some day but as long as my Mom is around I probably won't leave.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:12 PM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

Star: Of COURSE you can come along. Hop on a plane baby, IL is a far cry from where ya are. I'll pick you up at the airport. Well, maybe I'll have my friend do that, I'm not too familiar with Chicago.

Morti: I'm glad you slept better last night. Moving is a really scarey thing to do when you're comfortable where you are. Has he found a job out of state?
Old 06-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #15  

Hi to all!!

Star - I just love those stories (not the spider)!!!

Laura - We have mulled over moving many times! Still here after 6 years

Back to work!

Hope I didn't miss anyone!