Old 06-01-2004, 08:53 AM   #1  
The Princess O' Pets

Default MONDAY!!!! JUne 1st chat

I am the one up the earliest??? Woohooooo
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

Well ladies after my total carb fest this weekend I am ready for re-induction!! I am soooo ready. DH is acting better we talked and worked things out, so I am no longer in meltdown mode too (that never helps for staying OP) I just have this eat mode when i am upset it is really hard to contain!! I hate that!

Here is what my carb fest included.....(be scared now!!) Chinese buffet, Peanut butter & jelly sandwhiches, peanut butter crunch, Ben and Jerrys ice cream, dairy queen blizzard, KRISPY KREMES!!! indian buffet, big mac and fries, chips, and all of this over the course for 3 days!!! OH well can't cry over spilt milk just gotta move on!! I said it and put it down on paper and now is the time to kick my a** into gear!!

So back to induction today, and back to the gym. I also went to GNC and got a cleansing kit to clean out the ol' digestive tract so we will see how that goes. GOTTA get my water drinking up too, WOW it has been looooow!

Here is to a new day ladies (cheers!!)

Love TG
Old 06-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

TG: Glad you and DH worked things out. I completely understand not being able to stay OP when unhappy. Been there, done that.

Ok. If we're listing what we binged on this weekend here's my list: PB & J toast (all 3 mornings), potato salad, baked beans, Bacardi O (not to mention a few other types of alcoholic beverages), 1/2 pound (yup, told ya I pigged out) of fudge, 1 piece of chocolate torte, potato chips & dip, battered fish, brat w/bun...I'm sure there's more I'm blocking out!!
But I'm ready to tackle this again. I was going to let myself have a leaveway day on next Sunday--but that was BEFORE this weekend hit. So much for the chicken bbq. Looks like I have the chicken w/out the rest. I'll bring a salad. Odd, but I can't wait for work to be over so I can get some exercise in. Who'd have thunk I'd ever be saying that????
Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Cinny good morning you are up early too, congrats on already having 1 mile in the equator trek!!! That is early!! Whoooohoooo!

Morning B- that is what I figured, I would just list what I ate and leave it at the door..... we are so ready to move on! I am looking forward to getting back to the gym too!

Last edited by Theo'sgirl; 06-01-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:42 AM   #5  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Well, looks like this may not have been the greatest weekend for staying OP!!!

I'm looing forward to this week, getting back on track and getting some of these things done around the house that I've been putting off for way too long. Summer vacation is now officially in swing for me, and even though I still have way too many doctor's appointments and tests scheduled, I'm looking forward to spending some time with DD and DH and figuring out some new and exciting ways to cook chicken! I'm in a total rut with my eating habits -- sticking to the same things day after day and getting totally and absolutely bored. Time to start surfing this and other sites to get some ideas!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:45 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Lekker: Sounds like you had a great weekend! I want to come to Montreal now!

Karen: Yay!! Welcome back!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

TG: I'm glad you and DH got things worked out. I didn't realize how much emotions effected the way I ate, but they really do!

Brenda: It sounds like you're raring to go! That's great!

OK. Here's my list of badness: Quarter Pounder with fries, fried mushrooms, soft tacos, quesadilla, hamburger with bun, lots of chips, cookies, crab cakes, more fries, fried oysters and ice cream in a sugar cone. I wasn't even planning this carb fest -- it just happened, somehow.

I guess the good news is that I had a great weekend (despite feeling fat and bloated). Friday and Saturday were baseball games. Sunday was a day at the dog park with my dog and a friend and her two dogs. Then, that evening a group of us went over to Tampa to watch fireworks. After the fireworks, we went to a Mexican restaurant to hang out (that's where my Mexican food badness occurred). Yesterday was a cookout at the beach. My SPF 50 held up, and I barely turned pink -- I can't believe it! We were there from about 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. -- prime sunburning times. A group of fair-skinned people left early because we just didn't think our skin could handle it any longer! Last night, I went out with friends to a seafood restaurant and for ice cream afterwards. At that point, I was eating about anything, just because I could! Sad...

Anyway, I'm ready for two weeks of solid induction! I need it to get refocused. I'm exercising, drinking water and eating right today!

Hope you all had a great weekend!! Anyone else not want to be back at work??

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:17 AM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning!

I didnt have a carbfest this weekend, but I did indulge in one chocolate chip cookie yesterday.

Got on the scale this morning and I am holding steady at 163. I decided that I am setting a monthly weight goal for June. I want to be down to 155 by July 1st. that is 8 pounds! I think I can do that! I just want to get past that 160 mark!!

As for exercise, I am going to start running again tomorrow morning.. I hope. I am still a bit congested today.. but I am feeling better. Hopefully enough to run a bit! I want to log in a minimum of 30 miles running this month! I guess I am going to have to update my signature too!

Have a great day everyone! I will check in later! I have a bridging ceremony to finish preping for this morning! :
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 11:29 AM   #8  

Good Morning!

TG - Glad things are worked out. Emotions can make it difficult to do whats best for you.

Brenda - Drinks Huh? Me too. Way too many margaritias Sunday night.

Jina - Another fair skinned girl here. I share your pain.

SM - It's easy to fall into the same old foods all the time. I get bored too since I don't eat fish or pork, it's always beef, chicken, shrimp or lobster. mainly chicken.

Karen - Not much of a carb fest for me eithier, although I did have some popcorn at the movies. Holding steady is good. Good luck with the 8 lbs!

Yeah, weekend is over and we're all back to normal schedules. It'll be a short week for me though. Went to 5 differant pounds looking for a new "Fur Kid." Saw one dog I liked, but the lady who found her fell in love with her and is going to adopt her herself. Should wait until next week anyways since we'll be gone this weekend and not able to be home to monitor a new pet. Wel, time to start working. Have a good day ladies!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Is the weekend over already?

Thank you so much, Carb-festers! I feel so much better about my own carby badness now. Friday, after I left work, DH and I went to see Shrek 2. It was soooooo good! The bad part was the bucket o' popcorn that I shared with him. And on an empty stomach! OY! I was in pain for the rest of the day for that one. That night was karaoke at the bar with the group and I took a couple of shots without asking what they were (dumb Star!). Turns out they were a combination of Tarantula Tequila and Apple Pucker - called spider cider. Well, there's a ton of sugar in Apple Pucker, so though I wasn't hung over on Saturday, I was feeling far less than stellar.

Saturday was laundry day. I did 10 loads! I washed EVERYTHING. Then I washed the pets Back to the bar for more karaoke and responsible drinking this time.

Sunday. BBQ at a friend's house. Hotdog, complete with bun. Ugh! Headache and stomach ache. Drank light beer till I didn't hurt anymore The BBQ was a blast and I didn't get home until 4:30 Sunday morning. In addition to the lounging about gabbing and smoking too much, I also beat 7 boys in a game of Horse, sparred with a couple people (until DH didn't pull his punch and caught me in the stomach ), and played a rousing game of capture the flag at 1:00 in the morning in a public park. Yeah, we're a fun bunch

Yesterday DH wanted to go to Wendy's and I was too hungry to care so I ended up eating half a crispy chicken sandwich and some fries. Was not sick. Strange. I made a big batch of clam chowder to keep me from any more bad eating decisions. Then our friend Tim came over with extended versions of the first 2 Lord of the Rings movies. I was soooooo excited since I've never seen the movies. We made it through the first one (3 hours and 20 minutes) and halfway through the second one before I fizzled out. I'll finish the second one tonight.

So there's my weekend. Sorry for the book.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:21 PM   #10  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I think I gained weight reading those carb fests. Like Star, it makes mine look small. I contained it with one meal at Red Robin, a sandwich, a cup of soup, and a milkshake.

I did a complete lc meal for bbq and everyone loved it. I smoked ribs and made salad along with baked soy beans and watermelon. My granddaughter and I went shopping on Sunday and had a great time. I did not shop for me at all just her (well I picked up two nightshirts that were on sale.) I love spending time with the grandkids so much I just feel so fortunate to have them right here close by.

Star, you are the party girl here aren't you?

Lekker, sorry about your ankle, hope it heals real soon for ya.

Karen, there sure are a lot of people sick this spring. My granddaughter is going to spend the day with me cuz she is so sick. Brenda has been sick too! says no more sickness.

Theo: That was quite a carb fest you had going. Glad you are back on track this morning.

Brenda: Are you feeling better finally? That may be why you got caught up in the eating like that cuz your body was calling for food. Of course, if you are like me stress will do it too.

Paula: I am fixing chicken for dinner tonight, there a lot of good lc recipes for bird out there. I love chicken and its versatility.

Jina: Way to go on not getting that sunburn. I am fair skinned and so I burn pretty easy too. Sounds like you had a great time.

Laura: Thank you for looking for a pet at the local shelters. They so need somebody to love them forever. Good luck in finding just the right fur pal.

Back OP everyone.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:35 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Gotta love the L-Glutamine! The cravings are gone! I started taking it again over the weekend.

Boy.. Everyone is fessing up! What a carb fest weekend!

I am doing good so far... logged my breakfast and have 16 oz of water down so far. 16 more before I get through this post hopefully!

Welcome to all the newbies! Im karen and have been on these boards since August.. well Low Carb since August and Atkins since it started up shortly there after! The last few weeks have been so hectic with my kids and all the stuff going on in my life that i havent been able to pop in as often as I should!

I am working on that though!

to everyone!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:27 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Only going to pop in and say hello. I'm off to do tae-bo (if I can steal the tv away from DH ). Hope everyone's stayed OP. So far so good for me!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #13  

Hi everyone

Sorry I am so late today....stayed home from work. Didn't sleep worth crap this weekend....don't know what is up with that. I was so tired this morning I figured what the heck, I never play hooky. I have been lounging today then I went off to run some errands.

Well, didn't you all have a carb-a-licious weekend!!!!!! I was a complete maniac about my weekend...what was I going to eat, what will I drink, will I eat, will I drink, how can I make this low carb.........OH boy it was nerve wracking. I made some kilbasa in no carb ketchup with Sugar Twin brown sugar and wiskey! YUMMY....everyone loved them. I had steak and salad so that wasn't so bad. But then OUT CAME THE TRIFLE! Oh what a mess. I ate a huge chunk of the chocolate one. More drinking yesterday and some boneless buffalo wings (breaded of course) for dinner. So needless to say I am up. But I am being good today and trying to get my water in. Hopefully it will all be gone by the end of the week.

I am so sorry, I don't have time to catch up with each one of you. I promise when I am back to work tomorrow I will.

Glad to see us all back this week.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:25 PM   #14  

T.G. - I just read on another post that you are doing a digestive track cleanser. How does it work? I've wondered about that in the past. Does it boost your immune system? Pills or liquid?
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 03:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hey there all!

Hi there LOVE2C135

Jane: everyone deserves to stay home from work at some point I think! (Or perhaps I think that because I decided to work from home today, myself!)

Brenda: I have a huge thing for Bacardi O, Bacardi Silver, Bacardi Breezers, Bacardi anything ... must try to stay away from it now that I'm on induction again!

Karen: it's so great that you're around again and I think it's awesome that you're an official runner!

Bunna: Thanks, my ankle is actually feeling *much* better, so I hope to be able to go back to gym classes by the end of the week...or perhaps just keep it low impact for a while...

Star: 10 loads! Wow. I grumble about doing 1 load.

Morti: good luck finding a new dog!

Jina: Montreal is a great place in the summer. It is *constant* festivals starting this month. I got hardly any work done last summer, since I lived about 5 min walk from the main festival area...luckily this year I live about 50 min walk away, so I should be able to focus a bit more!

Spedmom: I love chicken too, luckily, I'm not sick of it yet!

Theo: glad things are better with your DH

I'm working at home today, although not too productively. The weather is pretty crappy, so that's not helping in the motivational department. So far I'm still perfectly on plan - it's been 1.5 days ... it seems so funny to be excited about a day and a half, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Yesterday at work I went on a Scottish tourist site and requested a whole bunch of tourist brochures to be sent to me. I'm probably 60% decided that I'll go to the UK in November to find work, so I thought I'd start reading about some of the places. I think I might also request free brochures from Australia and New Zealand, just to keep it all in mind and try not to let my heart get set on one specific place and then not have it work out.

Anyway, back to work for me...

Julie
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote