Old 04-06-2004, 08:42 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday 4/6

Well, I'm running late. DH set the alarm for me last night...only set it for PM instead of AM so we got up late!!! UGH!!! So he came home from work and is now running youngest DD to school while I've got to run oldest DD to school on my way to work. I HATE/DETEST this rush rush stuff in the morning. And then he acts like it's MY fault.! GRRR!!! I need some caffeine (luckily no cold diet mt dew or I'd slug it down instead of my water!!)!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:19 AM   #2  

Morning Brenda, just you and me so far today. Sorry your day got to a rough start.

I got to bed nice and early last night so I feel much better today.
Weighed myself though and I am up 2 pounds. That's ok though....have been eating salty stuff the last few days. I am not going to panic. This has happened before. I just keep on going and it comes off again.

What is everyone up to today?

I have another meeting today at 11:30.....this one drones on and on and on........................

Have a great day everyone.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:21 AM   #3  

Hiya Brenda I hate those days too. Always makes me feel like I am running behind for the rest of the day! Hope your day gets better!

Well, it's off to work for me today! Hope everyone has a great day! I will check back in later on this afternoon! Hello to all who come in after me!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:22 AM   #4  

Hi Jane...you snuck in on me. Hope your meeting dont' go on too long Hope you have a good day!
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:28 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking

Good Morning And ............

S M O OC H I ES
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Karen - Congrats on the running! I know it is a great feeling! I just completed a running program! I'm running 2-3 days a week now!

Jane - It's very early..I think that is why I'm still so scared! Only 4w2d

Trazzie that is great about your trip and your dress!!! Congrats on the new vehicle!!!

Brenda - Hope your day gets better. I know what you mean about the rush, rush, rush. I hate that too in the morning!!!

Good morning everyone else. I'm just kinda hanging out. I can't get motivated to get any work done today. I'm determined to get my desk and office cleaned today though. It looks like no one has been here for a few days. I'll get it done, no honestly, I will!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:23 AM   #7  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies,
Awwwhhhh I am baaack! Yesterday I was offline cause we spent the entire day cleanign up the backyard in preperation for our big Easter shindig and egg hunt. We have a tripple lot with 2 100 yr old redwoods in it so that it ALOT of raking and lots of trips to the yard debris dump!!! I am soooooo sore! plus I went to the gym and rode 10 mile son the bike on the hill setting. I feel much better after my indescretions this weekend with carbs. I had an revelation at Izzy's pizza on Sunday, I was there with DH cheating and eating carbs and i looked around the room (and not to be mean) but everyone in there was fat (including myself)! I mean everyone and they were All eating carbs and carbs and carbs. It was crazy I stopped and I felt like running around the room and ripping the carbs out of everyones hands!! LOL It was a crazy thought!

I have to say i am loving this carb control yogurt too, the strawberry is great!

Have a great day LOve TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:35 AM   #8  
on my way down again

Hi to all today.

Brenda, I also hate rush. I like about 5 hours to do things in the morning. LOL

Jane, I'm glad you're feeling better today.

Mrs H, Have a great day at work.

I'm having a very hard time sticking to the plan. I do so well on the Induction diet, but then I add a few things and it sets me off to eat more than I should and also things like candy bars that I really don't even like. I've gained quite a bit of my weight back and it's scary to think I would do this to myself. So one more try today to do the Induction phase. I just need some prayers and good thoughts sent my way for strength to do it even just today. I've done it before, so I know I can.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:38 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning.. I just want to say HI!! I will check in later as It is time to run the kids to school.. but I will be back!!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:46 AM   #10  
on my way down again

Hi TG, I've done the exact same thing with the pizza. I see it walking out of the grocery store by the piece and people sit and eat it in their cars. I've wanted to say STOP to them all. Now I'm telling myself to STOP, although I've managed to not eat that pizza nor in that way, just other carbs.

Hi Karen and Lori and all who snuck in.

I hope everyone has a great day. Barbie

Last edited by Barbie101; 04-06-2004 at 10:51 AM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #11  

Okay, For some reason today is like attack of the killer pop-ups or something, and it keeps errasing my posts before I can actually post them. Home is great. I've survived Night One of Passover. Actually, eating really wasn't a big deal at all. I wasn't counting carbs, but I stayed away from everything I said I wouldn't eat. I made a low-carb cheesecake for dessert, and initially I was a little dissapointed because it wasn't very pretty, so in a moment of inspiration I whipped up some low carb bannana mouse and pastry bagged it all around the sides of the cake and part of the top. Possibly the prettiest dessert I've ever made. I may even try to post a picture. I'm planning on going for a nice long bike ride this morning, before I have to get involved in the million things having to do with second Seder and leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow morning. Busy day ahead.

Brenda- Hopefully your day will calm down once you get past the morning.

Jane- Can I tell you what I difference it was going from Boston to Chicago. SUN! I hope the weather's cleared up there though.

Leenie- I used your thicker cheesecake recipe yesterday (thanks), and was overall pleased with the results, but mine came out tasting a little sour. Have you ever tried it with creme fraiche instead of sour cream?

Mrs. H- Have a lovely time at work.

Lori- Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck and a healthy and safe pregnancy. Best wishes are also extended to the office cleaning.

TG- I actually have nighmares that bear remarkable similarity to the scene in the pizzia restraunt you described.

Barbie- My supportive thoughts are headed straight in your direction. Good luck getting back to induction.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Abbie
Genghis Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:00 AM   #12  

Barbie101: How long did you stay on induction? I have been on 20 grams since September only adding in some nuts and my wine of course but still within 20 grams. I only recently added 5 grams per day.

Adding things hasn't made me eat more than I should and thankfully candy is not one of my trigger foods. As we all heard from me yesterday meatball subs are!

If you haven't been on it that long maybe you should stay at 20 for a while till you get used to things. See what everyone else has to say too.

KarenW, Leenie & Mrs H:

Theo'sgirl: Your yard sounds wonderful....AND BIG. You get equator trek miles for the yard work don't you

LoriAS: I would be scared too......try not to let it get too bad. I'm not a big religeous person but I honestly believe that things happen for a reason, good or bad and I know that this is going to turn out to be good. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:07 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Hey everyone! It's Vision Enabled Star here!

I'm eating the strangest breakfast for me today. Slices of orange bell pepper that I'm using to scoop up cottage cheese. I have never liked cottage cheese, but I saw it in the store yesterday and all of a sudden I just had ot have it!

Crap! I'll have to come back for personals. I just got called away from my desk. Be back soon!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  
Head Princess

Wow - no one else showed up! I'm back - with free coffee

Brenda - I hope your day calms down!

Jane - I am just so proud of you! Isn't it great to know you don't have to stress over every little fluctuation?

Mrs H - Have a great day!

Leenie - I love smoochies!!!! Smoochies right back at ya!!!

Lori - Happy cleaning!

TG - That sounds like a lot of work! Lots of miles there!

Barbie - I'm sending good vibes your way

Karen - zoom zoom!

GC - So happy Passover was good! Will you send me some of that cheesecake?

Trazzie - so glad the dress and car adventures went well!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

GC congrats on surviving 1st Passover dinner nope never used that stuff for cheese cake, next time try a little more splenda, how come it fell apart ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote