Old 03-24-2004, 12:40 PM   #16  
Head Princess

Karen - the term ended last week, thank goodness! I've got to take at least a term off now so I can pay for eye surgery and fly out for my brother's wedding.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I want laser hair removal!!! Ok, so I'm not all that fuzzy to start with, but I just hate body hair. If I could limit hair to the top of my head, my eyebrows, and my eyelashes, I would in a heartbeat. And not just for me either! Men, women, all of us! Hate hate hate body hair!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:36 PM   #17  

Well I survived the Chinese food! I have actually gotten pretty good at turning down food here at work, I think its because everyone I work with knows I am on Atkins so even if I wanted to, they would jump all over me.

So last night I was at Super Walmart and I found this granola (I think it was made by Carb Sense but I could be wrong). It has 29 grams of carbs in half a cup but a whopping 25 grams of fiber! It is apple cinnamon and its really good! I've actually been having trouble getting enough carbs in (whoever thought I would say that!!) so this is a very yummy way to add 4 more in.

Oh, another thing...sometime when I am adding food into FitDay, it gives me an error saying this food should have so-and-so amount of calories when the box says something different. Has anyone else ever had this problem? It was first with my frozen green beans and then this granola last night.
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #18  
Head Princess

Way to go on the Chinese! Here's your medal.

Yes, that happens with Fitday. It's great for checking the accuracy of your nutrition labels. Here's how it works.

Fat = 9 calories per gram
Carb = 4 calories per gram
Protein = 4 calories per gram

So if your fat/carb/protein totals don't add up properly with the amount of calories listed, then fitday will call you on it. Maybe you should call the manufacturer on it....
Old 03-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #19  

Aly: I used to have that problem with Fitday. It has something to do with the math and figuring out the calories based on this and that....how is that for technical jargin? I always tell it to use the figures I provided according to the label.

StarPrincess: Sorry you don't feel well. It has been a tough winter, at least around here, but maybe that also has something to do with your illnesses.
You certainly eat well and you exercise so it can't be that.
You k now what is really funny......about TOM, I was thinking the same thing the other day...some of us are on the same clock and we aren't even near each other!

Karen: Glad you are taking the day off....have fun.

I am thinking of having laser hair removal under my arms for the summer. I HATE shaving everyday under there. I am so white and have sensitive skin so by the end of a week it looks all red and bumpy. A few of the girls at work are doing it and love it! I think I will splurge. I may also do a bikini laser treatment....had my first waxing last month you can keep that! No way am I doing that again....I was seeing stars.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #20  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking Froufy Has A Tan! (and A Cold!)

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI TO EVERYONE! HOPE YOU DIDN'T MISS ME TOO MUCH? LOL

Just back from a (too short) spring break holiday in very SUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! Next time I vow to take a two week holiday as one week is not enuf - just when you start to relax you have to start thinking about leaving and getting back to reality UGH!

The hotel we stayed at was great (Grand Marival)...room was very big, bright and super clean with a balcony that had a partial ocean view - I could hear the waves of the Pacific Ocean as I slept - what a luxury!

Lots of swimming pools (two with swim up bars ) and a great kiddie pool as well. There was also a kids club where we put our youngest (5 ds) for a few days and he had a blast!

Lots of sun and fun at the ocean, frolicking in the pools, horseback riding and beach walking (note to self and others: next time don't forget to put sunscreen on tops of feet! OUCH!).

Needless to say my low carb eating was fairly limited - altho there were many possibilities - breakfast was okay with the usualy atkins friendly food - but also to be found were crepes/pancakes, homemade mexican oatmeal and lost of lovely pastries/rolls. The coffee was fantastic and I now have to "decaffeinate" myself again I think.

There were two outdoor snack bars for lunch - one had two outdoor brick pizza ovens (need I say more?)...which I stayed away from until the last couple of days - and WOW those homemade pizzas were phenomenal. I also overindulged on the real nachos with homemade salsa and guacamole - what a treat - but after a few days I had enuf and was able to keep away!

Food was very good - four a la carte restaurants (Mexican, beachside steakhouse, Meditteranean and Italian) with lots of wine, drinks and yummy moka cappuccinos! Yes I overindulged and gained about 5 lbs which I what I expected. The goal is of course to get back on induction and get it off asap. I found the water drinking pretty lax while there - while it was safe to drink it tasted funny to me! I did buy some bottled water, but ended up drinking more diet drinks (and yummy pina coladas) than usual. We were very spoilt!

Actually flying was the hardest for eating...especially on the way back as there was not much we could bring on the plane with us...I ordered a "low gluten" meal figuring it would be low carb - not too bad: a teeny tiny salad w/chicken - I kid you not.....like 3 x 3 inch dish with a leaf of lettuce, 2 cucumber slices, 2 tomato slices, 3 one inch chicken pieces and a QUARTER of a hard boiled egg!!!.....also a bag of baby carrots and crackers which I also ate cuz I was STARVING!

I am actually home sick with a cold which I caught on last day in Mexico! Landing was excruciatingly painful as my ears were blocked.....I still have very stuffed sinuses and cough and headache as well so i am home from work! (Star - I agree w/you re getting run down - I find whenever I "burn the candle at both ends" and party too much too often I tend to get run down and then catch whatever is going around!).

So I am slowly unpacking, getting house back to normal, and doing TONS of laundry!

I have a great tan which I am helping along with some bronzer and can't wait to show off to friends and co-workers. Came back to a little bit of snow and cold weather, but looks to be warming up for the weekend so hopefully spring is almost really here!

Will try and catch up with other posts!...and I will need all of you to inspire and support me as I jumpback back on the low carb band wagon - I am full of "sugar" and bad carbs so almost need to "detoxify" and do a strict induction to get back in the swing of things!

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 03-24-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:21 PM   #21  

Froufy's back!!!!! Yeah, we missed you. I forgot you were taking a vacation. Sounds wonderful. I am so glad you had such a nice time.
We will be right here as you hop back on the low carb wagon.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:39 PM   #22  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

FROUFY! I am so glad you are back! I m jealous! I need a vacation bad!! And some sun too! Sounds like you had a FABULOUS time! I am so glad!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:46 PM   #23  
Baby Steps

Froufy

Oh heck, I can't keep up with you all now!
Star: I'm sorry you aren't feeling well!

I'm actually feeling better. I ate some sunflower seeds and chicken (I know, sunflower seeds aren't on strict induction but I needed to do something to get energy up). If it stays nice out I need to find a bucket and start "scooping" some doggy doo. It's ALL over the yard. It's the annual "after snow has gone" type thing I've gotta do. UGH! But not today
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:58 PM   #24  

Height: 5' 6"

Lori - I would gladly stall for tighter skin as well, that is one issue I'm extremely worried. Gratz to DH on his whoosh, bet he's thrilled!

Brenda - So sorry your not feeling too good today. Hope things get better for ya soon.

Tummy - You didn't have to stop at 2.5 Feel free to grab any of my weight at any time.

MrsH - I've been having more of those blah days then not lately, I'm blaming it on the weather

Leenie - Isn't that the worse when you busy something new and it instantly breaks.. ARG I hate that, or even worse, if they dont have all the screws and such needed in the package. Thats pretty irritating as well.

Jane - Your shrinking before our very eyes! Soon you'll be moving on to smaller clothes before you every completely fit into all 12's..WTG!!

South - That must be very exciting for you. I have to go in about every three weeks to get my lip and eyebrows done. What a pain! By the time the irritation pimple clear up it's time to do it again. It will be grand to be "fuzz free"

Theo - Great job staying OP, that can be the hardest part of TOM thats for sure. Poor DH no poor you.. he has no idea how bad TOM is.. keep him guessing.

Star - You could just be burning yourself out. I think your strategy will help out alot. Sorry to hear your not feeling up to par today, hope all is better soon.

Aly - Way to go on saying no!! That granola sounds yummy, I'll have to check into it next Walmart visit. Thanks for the heads up

Karen - Have fun on your treadmill. It will be nice when my body tells me to workout instead of Traci SLEEP but it's getting there.

Froufy - Your vacation sounds wonderful! I'm jealous! It must have been great to just relax and spoil yourself a little bit. And please throw some of that tan my way! I look like a ghost here! Happy to hear you had a great time!

Well the rain came and to my surprise it has left, leaving everything bright and sunny and warm.. take a big wiff.. it smells like spring! YEAH! So I will not be doing the inside workout today, I'm going to hop on the bike for an enjoyable ride. DH is home today from work, so I'm going to take my time and let him worry about picking the kiddos up from school, heck he can deal with dinner, dishes and all that other good stuff while he's at it yea right now I'm dreamin eh?
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:02 PM   #25  
Mouth of the South

Well, I barely escaped the big layoff. I am a contractor, so naturally, I thought I was a goner, but I am still employed! I hope you are all having a great day! I am too drained to respond to everyone individually. Talk to everyone tomorrow!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:01 PM   #26  
The Princess O' Pets

COngrats Cat Girl!!! I was wondering about that today!!

FOUFY!!!!! I was just asking last night where you were!!! Sounds like you had fun!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:22 PM   #27  
Head Princess

Congrats, Catgirl!!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 06:31 PM   #28  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

WOO HOO! I am so proud! 2.6 miles on the treadmill! that is 3 for 3 days this week! tomorrow is my run day.. Ill let you know how it goes!

WOO hoo Catgirl! I am so glad you are still employed too!

Brenda! I am glad you are starting to feel better!

Trazzie - I love this time of year.. rain then hte sun peeks out and it smells so good and feels so good doesnt it! Enjoy your ride!!

Hugs to all!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 10:57 PM   #29  

Karen: If you are diagnosed with PCSO and hirsutism(sp?), your health insurance might cover some of the cost. My health insurance covers 40% and my dear ex gave me his federal tax return to pay for the rest. Today was good. We did spot testing and my skin tolerated the laser well. I have treatments every six weeks. My next treatment is in April!!! I am so excited. Definitely check and see if your health insurance will pay for part of it. It's worth looking into.
southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote