Old 03-18-2004, 12:35 PM   #16  

Hello Ladies!!
Lennie: No green beer for me last night. I used to could handle that when I was younger, but afraid of what I would feel like the next day now! Hope you have a great day also!

Shimma: I am so glad that you are feeling much better today. Sorry that you didn't get into the nursing program, but dont' give up. Anything worth having is worth fighting for! Hang in there and I am sure things will get better!

Brenda: Now I feel bad about complaining about alittle rain here today! I would definaltely not be happy if we had snow! So keep it up there with you! Here in North Carolina we normally dont' get very much of the snowy weather. But this year it has been far more snow than normal. I am so glad that spring is almost here. We have already had a couple of days in the mid 70's. Hope they start coming more frenquently now that the calendar says spring is only a few days away! Like you, I also have a very hard time dealing with chocolate during TOM. During the other parts of the month I can stay away from it but something about TOM makes me fell like if I don't get chocolate I will die lol Lets try to fight this horrible craving together!

Jane: You have done great on your weigt loss. Even if you dont' make your NYC challenge, you have still came very close to it. You deserve credit for that! And you deserved that wine last night too! At least you had an OP dinner, so 2 little glasses of wine can't be that bad! And I can so relate with you on the sizes issue. I think all of the manufacturers need to get together and get their stuff right. I wanna be able to go in and grab my size and know it will fit A lot of my clothes are getting very baggy on me now.. think a shopping trip may be in store for the near future!

Leeker: Good luck on your move to your new desk! Being at the lab sounds like if would be very interesting. Never heard of Lawn Bowling here..just what is that? lol

Abbie: Have fun getting that new hair style. And congrats on getting to the gym. I am trying so hard to get into a normal excercise routine here. Lucky for me I haven't had the problem with the loose bra lately. That's the only place I don't wanna lose weight

TG: Sorry you are having such a busy day, but hang in there it's almost Friday!!!!!

Karen: You take care of youself hun. That numbness just doesn't sound very good. Also hope your headache goes away! I too have those from time to time because of the caffeine withdrawal! I can relate to you cleaning today. I am off today so will be spending a great deal of time cleaning the house. That is if I can get my butt outta this computer chair long enough

Jina: Good luck with your exercising next week. Set your mind to it and I know you will do well!

Teece: hope you are having a wonderful day!

Well....I weighed in this morning and I am down 2 lbs, so I am happy today! I tend to get on the scale way to much also! Only thing that really ticks me off is hubby started this WOE 2 months after me and he only has 7 lbs to catch up to my weight loss. grrrrrr How come the weight seems to just fall off of the guys why we have to struggle? But I am happy for him that he has done so well! Well I am off work today, so gonna try to pry my butt from this computer chair and get a little work done around the house. Hope you all have a great day, and I will check back in later!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:42 PM   #17  
Baby Steps

I haven't even begun to try on different clothes at the stores. I'm down to 3 pairs of pants that actually fit (size 12's) and they were old to begin with so they're getting kind of thin. I'm hoping my size goes down so when I DO go to the store I can try stuff on and it'll actually FIT. You would think that sizes would be universal.
I was on my way to work this morning, and listening to the radio. Now one of the dudes on this station I listen to has tried EVERY diet imaginable (also pills). So he's tried Atkins now. He quit. One of the ladies there this morning referred to it as the "meat and cheese diet." So guess who's going to make an email to that chick and tell her what she can do with the "meat and cheese" diet?? Dang I hate PMS!!! I feel like I've got the energy of a slug and my attention today is worse!! Lord help me get through this TOM!!!! And it's not even HERE yet!! *sigh*
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:43 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

Should I mention it's probably a good thing I'm not stepping on the scale this week?
Old 03-18-2004, 12:49 PM   #19  
Head Princess

OMG yesterday was all sorts of screwy for me! I ended up not eating much (some cheese, some jicama salad, and a spoonful of peanut butter - that's it!) and then decided that St. Paddy's will be my one time of the year to drink Guinness or any other heavy beer. So, at 1:30 in the afternoon, with the aid of several co-workers, I started drinking Guinness. By 7:30, I'd had 4 of them and was feeling fine, but the beer no longer tasted any good.

Then all this strangeness started when 2 of the women there (one co-worker and one non) started getting all territorial over my good friend (also co-worker). He was sloshed and clueless, so I had to get him out of there. We ended up going to the local pub and meeting up with my dh around 8:30. It was great fun! By that point, I had no more interest in beer, so I switched to Schmirnoff Twist with diet Sprite.....and had 3. Ugh! So I finally got home around 12:30 in the morning.

Happily, I'm not hung over, but OMG I'm tired! I'm glad that one day of the year is over!

Leenie - I love you too!

Shimma - So glad you're feeling better!

Brenda - are you exercising? I've found that if I'm not exercising, I'm very tired and run down. It seems like a contradiction, but exercise gives me energy

Jane - I hate being in between sizes!!! It's worse than going through the 'ugly' stage of growing your hair out. Hang in there! And now that you've seen the full horror of what I did last night, you don't have to feel so bad about your wine

Julie - I LOVE lawn bowling! Ok, actually, I love bocce ball, but I'm pretty sure the two are similar. Not only is it great fun, but those balls are heavy enough to give your arms a nice workout!

Abbie - The bra thing makes me laugh. I used to have freakishly huge boobs, so I had a reduction done 4 years ago. I was so mad that the surgeon only got me down to a C cup! For the last several months, I've been in a 36C - that was ok. Now, I can't fill out the cups, but a 36B doesn't fit right either. So now it's 38B. So confusing! What was my point???? Oh! I'm so happy when they get smaller! (as long as they don't get longer!)

Karen - Darling, you're so dang busy you don't have time to be bad! Hmmmm....maybe I should find me some more projects!

Jina - You're so good about your exercise! I'm sure you'll do great with your dad visiting and everything

Teece - I haven't met you yet! I personally love the stretch jeans. I like how they fit your shape instead of making you try to fit a manufacturer's idea of what your shape should be. That said, I also hate the ones that lose their 'spring' halfway through the day. I think it's a brand thing. Have you tried LEI? They're great! I've also found that the stretch jeans in the Junior's section hold up better. I don't know why, though.

Ok, I suppose I should go work.....sigh.

TTFN!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #20  
Head Princess

Wow! That took me a long time!

Hi Mrs H!!!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:54 PM   #21  
Baby Steps

You know. I think my boobs are a tad smaller (oh man I used to hate them!! I could never see my gut over my boobs!! Now I can see the tips of my toes. lol). Anyway, the thing is...now I'm old and they're saggy. Do docs do boob tucks? lol. I'd like them at least a little perky instead of hanging down like a cow udder. (ok, they're not THAT bad. but ya get the point)
Old 03-18-2004, 12:59 PM   #22  

I have a dumb question What does "TOM" stand for? I know what you guys are referring to, but have never heard that before.

I don't keep track of my period, but I'm sure it's coming soon. I've been wanting to eat everything in site. We have choc. chip cookies (a huge bag of them) sitting on the counter in the kitchen and it's torture to walk past them. haha!

I just keep telling myself that I can give up a few months of my life to get this over with! I know there's maintenance to worry about afterwards, but I hope I'll be digging my new size SO much and will be used to low-carb eating by then, that I can do it.
Teece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #23  
Baby Steps

TOM=time of month

How can you NOT keep track of it? If I don't I'd end up with "OOPS" every month!!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #24  

Star, thanks for the tip on LEI jeans. I'll give them a shot when I hit a decent size. I shop in the junior section sometimes (especially before I put weight back on) and my kids would be horrified.

Lady, well yes, they CAN do a boob tuck. My mother and I are both on Atkins and trying to hit our goal weight/sizes by summertime. If we do it, we're both going to get tummy tucks. I'd also love to get a breast lift, but we'll see. After four kids ... things just aren't the same!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:05 PM   #25  

TOM makes sense now. I thought the "M" stood for menstruation, so I couldn't figure out what "TO" meant. I've had my tubes tied so I no longer have to worry about it!
Old 03-18-2004, 01:26 PM   #26  

Hi Everyone!

I can relate to the incredible shrinking boobs! When I lost my big chunk of weight last summer, they were the first place to go. I went from a 36C to probably a 34B. But it could be even smaller, I refuse to go buy new bras so I still wear the big ones! My BF thinks its the funniest thing, me and my baggy bras. I just HATE spending money on them! They are smaller now then they were when I was 13 I think!

My TOM craving is peanut butter! I can go without the chocolate, but wow do I love just eating the darn stuff right out of the jar! But I guess it could be worse, I could be craving something super carb filled right now!

My problem finding pants that fit is hunting down stores that sell them in lengths. I have verrrrrry short legs so most jeans are way too long on me. I also love the jeans with stretch in them, I have a great pair from Express, so great that I have them in size 10, 8, and 6! And they run big so I can squeeze my size 8 butt into the 6's! (sometimes, at least!)

Hope everyone has a great night, I am going out to dinner to TGIFriday's so I am hoping their 'Atkin's Approved Menu' does me well!
alysonwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:40 PM   #27  
Total Sass Bucket

Hiya girlies!

You know, my TOM has always been screwey, I never knew when it was coming! This will be my first TOM on birth control and it's due any hour now.... I'm kind of excited, I actually know WHEN it's going to happen! Yeah, ya'll can call me a dork.
Work is extremely frustrating today... too many parents having ideas about spring break. Personally, I think giving high school students a week long spring break is just encouraging them to do stupid things (so they can be just like college students). I honestly had kids head to Florida last year while telling their parents they were somewhere else. Ridiculous! So anyway, I postponed their test so it's not their first day back, but I gave them a project to do.... tons of parents calling and complaining that their kids should be able to relax during spring break. Ugh. Am I wrong in thinking that if we expect more from our kids then they will step up to the challenge instead of trying to get out of every single responsibility life throws at them? I need to cool off or I' m going to blow on the next parent who calls.
Jane: I think you've done really well with your weight loss lately and I think you have every reason to be proud of your accomplishment! You look great, don't let those few pounds make you feel like you don't!!!
Brenda: Are you ready to scream at mother nature about all the snow we've been having? I hate it, hate it hate it! It seems so ridiculous that this morning we had a freaking blizzard outside! Ugh! Spring? Can I please have spring now? Or at least a little sunshine?
Everyone else
I'm still trying to get a handle on all the new peeps... but WELCOME!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #28  
Mouth of the South

Hello Ladies:

Shimma: I am so sorry to hear about not getting into school. The same thing happend to a friend of mine some years back. She ended up getting into a better program. You just weren't meant to go now. God has something better for you too

Brenda: I hope Spring comes quickly for you! TOM is a bi**h isn't it? I crave chocolate like crazy! You may want to try making the chocolate truffle recepie in the Atkins book.

Jane: At least all of your clothes aren't too small! Contrats on the baggy duds! Hope to be there soon.

G.C. I wish my bra was loose! That seems to be the only place I don't get any smaller. I always look like a small wind will land me on my face. Kudos to you for going to the gym.

TG:

Karen: Yeah to you!

J. Dog:

Teece: One day the size 12 will be a 10! Keep up the good work.

Mrs. H: Congrats on your 2 lbs! Way to go!

Star: Glad you don't have a hangover! FYI: Just because it is day, you don't have to drink (yeah right)! I managed not to drink, God only knows how!

Aly:

Leenie:

If I forgot anyone, please forgive me! I hope you are all doing great and having a wonderful day!

So far, so good for me. My cheekbones are still making their comeback, and I have more energy. TOM is coming up, and that means SUGAR!!!!!!!!!!! I made the chocolate truffles in the back of the Atkins book (not my favorite), and the Italian cream recepie. The Italian cream is AWESOME! It hit the spot. I think I can get used to this WOE. It is for my health this time, so I don't have a choice but to get used to it. Splenda isn't too bad for frankenfood! I will always love sugar, and plan to have it on the holidays, but not to be a glutton like I was.

Take care all!

Last edited by Catgirl67; 03-18-2004 at 02:05 PM.
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:00 PM   #29  
The Princess O' Pets

Hi again ladies I was just on break and thought I would drop by again and respond to other posts.

And Miss Star, We need to go to Uncle *****y's, my dh will never go but maybe my sis who is on Atkins will, lets figure it out.

TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 02:01 PM   #30  

Wow, we are all so chatty today!

Phew Star now I feel better But I forgot that I was nibbling on some bread last night too!!!!!! OMG I am a sucker for nice baked bread. Oh well at least I only had a few bites. I will do my exercises tonight to work it off.

Brenda: Hang on girl....it only lasts a week or so.

Shimma: yes I agree with you......kids these days are a little babied if you ask me. Don't give them too much to do.....they don't have to get jobs like I had to because it is too much for them to handle......have a discussion with them instead of WACKIN them one Sorry. Remember when we were younger and we said that we would never say "kids these days"?

alysonwonderland: Baggy bras When I got married last year I was at my highest weight and was horrified when I had to buy a bra for my gown and it was a 38 C I used to be a 36 barely A for cryin out loud.

Teece: I want to get lyposuction done on my stomach...it just isn't getting much smaller and don't even get me going on what happens when I lay on my side.

Mrs H: Congrats on the 2 pounds! Men just seem to lose so much easier than we do. It really pisses me off too.

Jina: I wish I had the dedication that you do about exercise. I haven't gotten in enough of it this week and I can feel it. My plan is to do my tape tonight as long as I am not home too late after I get home from shopping.

Well, hope I didn't miss anyone.
Have a good afternoon. Will check in before I head home.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote