Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #16  
Baby Steps

Shimma---take a deep breath after you hiccup and then take 10 swallows of water (one right after the other w/out taking a breath in between). Works for me.

Star---I haven't been around long enough...Do I want to ask about Mr. Mucus?

jdoggmartin--I looked for a pilates tape here. Thought I'd give it a try, but they didn't have any. Guess I'll have to wait until I go to the next city to look for that also.

jane--was it because it was "a few glasses" or because it was low-carb that you feel the way you do?? lol I haven't had a drink in AGES!!!!!

Leenie---Hope you're having a good day
Old 02-05-2004, 03:04 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 6"

You girls crack me up.. as for Mr. Mucus.. I believe I work with his brother! The god aweful sounds this man makes ..it's simply nauseating.

Nothing fun or exciting happening around here.. work work work.. I haven't even so much as made a dent in my laundry.. this is the task that never ends and I really don't have ambition today to jump back on that horse today.
My mother searching the sites has found a recipe for pancakes.. ones with all the approved ingredients for induction.. soooo I'm drooling.. she made up a batch and they were just yummy. I'll post the recipe later... Noone should miss out on these
Old 02-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #18  
Baby Steps

trazzie---what did you put on the pancakes or are they the kind you don't need anything on them???? Ok, I'm drooling already! lol
Old 02-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 6"

I didn't put anything on them.. there is cinnamon and splenda in them so they are sweet enough on their own. However, Ive been reading up on all those syrups you girls are talking about.. I'm sure they would taste delicious with them... Ok I'll go post the recipe now
Old 02-05-2004, 03:22 PM   #20  
Baby Steps

*sits down to wait...HOpefully having everything to make them for breakfast tomorrow*
Old 02-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #21  
Head Princess

I have to say that I didn't like the DaVinci pancake syrup. Atkins is ok. Walden Farms is really pretty good (and no calories, too!) I've been too lazy to go out and buy special syrup so I take vanilla sf syrup, mix it with a little water and artificial maple flavoring and call it good.

Ok, Brenda, you asked for it! Mr. Mucus is a guy that sits somewhere on the aisle on the other side of my cube wall. He's got some disgusting problem that causes him to snort, hawk, hack, gag, and make all sorts of repulsive sounds from the time he comes in until around 3 in the afternoon. It may go on all day, I'm not sure since I leave at 3:30 at the latest. It's sooooo gross!

There are several people who have talked to him and tried introducing him to tissues, but either he doesn't get it or he just doesn't care. It is, however, completely in his control because I've heard him on conference calls and he doesn't do any of the gross stuff then!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:38 PM   #22  
Baby Steps

oh ICK!!!!!! And I suppose the bosses can't do a thing seeing how he controls it during business calls. But still---ICK!!!! Ok. Sorry I asked!!! lol
Old 02-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #23  
Head Princess

That'll teach you to ask questions!

Jane - excellent job on not eating the sandwich of death!
Old 02-05-2004, 03:46 PM   #24  
Baby Steps

But..But..How else am I supposed to get to know you all? Um, guess I just need to learn WHEN to ask questions
Old 02-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #25  
Head Princess

I live by the philosophy of "don't ask unless you're prepared for the answer."

Argh! I'm so restless! I want to go home now, but I still have 1.5 hours to go. ugh!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #26  

EWWWWWWWWWWW thanks for the detailed info Star. I had the pic from his name LOL.
You americans are so lucky. I went today to a bigger grocery store to look for stuff and couldn't find anything but BARS. I did buy some soy powder. 20 bucks and ICK.
YOu mix it with water and is to be good for you. LOL Choke it down. I think I might mix it with some splenda or somthing. Gotta drink it at that price.

Maybe next thing is to go to a health food store and look. They had whey powder as well but I have heard Soy is good for woman.
I bought some Crystal light individual pacs yesterday but they have Nutrosweet.
Mixed in with a bottle of water so that is 2 waters that don't taste like water I guess.

I also got some of the sticks. I will go pee on one later. He he he hopefully not my hand Star.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #27  
Head Princess

LOL - good luck, Jjcj. I actually don't like all the "convenience" foods around here. I have found that I feel much better if I roll up my sleeves and make it myself from fresh ingredients.

Which reminds me....has anyone been near the frozen food section lately? Both Lean Quisine and WW Smart Ones now have "low-carb" frozen meals. Argh! And looking at the ingredient list has convinced me that I wouldn't eat that stuff unless it was a dire emergency.
Old 02-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #28  

Going to the store tonight....will have to check that out. I am not a big fan of frozen dinners thank God.

Lady: I think it was the quantity not the quality that did me in.....just found out hubby feels a little peekish today also. He went out to play while I was away last night.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #29  
Movin' and Losin'

No! I didn't know they had low-carb meals. Interesting... I guess I should have known. Everyone has low-carb something-or-other these days. I used to live in the frozen food aisle. I always ate Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisine meals, and I was always hungry and kept getting fatter -- go figure! Anyway, I don't think I'll even venture over to that aisle to look at them. I'm much happier preparing food and eating fresh vegetables. Tastes a lot better, too!

Those pancakes sound tasty. Thanks for the recipe, Trazzie! I don't like syrup, so I'll just eat them plain. Always have...

Well, I'm off to venture to the Goodwill to see if I can find some jeans that fit. I think I might be ready for size 12s!! Also, I'm running to Wal-Mart. I absolutely love Wal-Mart!!!
Old 02-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #30  
Head Princess

I was just so amused that Weight Watchers, of all organizations, is trying to sell low carb stuff now. Aren't they the ones who say low carb is bad? Ah, what people will do for money!

Have fun shopping, Jina! I want to see pictures of you in those 12's that I know are going to fit!
Closed Thread