Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 05:38 PM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Default Afraid we might lose track of each other?

I never realized until the site when down this week how much I truly rely on all you wonderful Atkins friends. I thought - Oh No! What if it never comes up and shutsdown for good - how will I ever know what happened to my friends?

So - if you are interested in sharing your personal email with others on this site - please send me a private message and again I will compile a list of those willing to share - along with screen names. Once I've captured most - I will email the full list to all.

So glad we are all back up and running -
Old 01-08-2004, 05:54 PM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

Great Idea Kim !!! I am PMing you.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:09 PM   #3  
Head Princess

Me too!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:10 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default I SECOND THAT.....

I definitely agree - in fact I think we need to prepare a emergency protocol in case the site actually does go down...for a long time.

I know on hotmail for example you used to be able to "create" a chatroom and give out a password for those you wanted to invite in. There are also probably other sites where we can "meet" temporarily....anyone have any ideas???

We should designate someone to be in "charge" in case of a website meltdown....so we are all contacted and know where to go....like an emergency home fire drill!!!

Froufy

P.S. I think I mentioned on the other thread about establishing a weeklyl chat on this site as well? Not sure if this will work with the different time zones.....any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:46 PM   #5  
Pure Energy

I was just saying the other day that I had been wanting to email and call sometimes but didn't have email addresses. It's almost deja vu. I can't even say I told you so because a) there's no one to say it to and b) that's totally unproductive anyway.

I'm in!! I love you guys!!! I'm always here for you!
james
Old 01-08-2004, 10:03 PM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

I'm definitely in as well. Good idea! Now, if the site goes down, instead of thinking and wondering about all you wonderful ladies, I can e-mail you and ask you myself!
Old 01-09-2004, 02:21 AM   #7  
thin within

that is a great idea, kim. i had been thinking about this too.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:16 AM   #8  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default me too

I was just thinking of that with the crash and with not hearing from Karen with regards to her daughters surgery. count me in too and I'll pm you my email addy. THANKYOU!!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:12 AM   #9  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

I'm getting lots of PM's - so that is great.
I forgot to mention for anyone who joined us after November - if you would like to also include your home address for note cards, I will add you to the existing list.

About 14 of us have already exchanged our adresses for the Greeting Carbs project we did over the holidays.

I will also check into a free message board in case of emergencies. I know of one called Quick Topic - but I need to read more about the process.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:53 AM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

OK - I've set us up on another board in case of emergency. Once I get the full list of emails I will email you all privately to join that site. But it's only for emergencies because I love 3FC - AND I it's important to help new Atkins friends out when they are looking for guidance.

Stay Tuned....
Old 01-09-2004, 02:59 PM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

That sounds great Kim - thanks for all your hard work in keeping us together and investigating our emergency options.

Froufy
Old 01-09-2004, 08:44 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

I'm in Kim! Thanks for taking the initiative to do this!
Closed Thread