Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 04:22 PM   #16  
thin within

StorybookMama--my periods have actually become much more predictable since getting on atkins. i have always had very irregular periods unless taking bc pills. i am very much enjoying the every 28th day predictability. i'm not on bc pills at all right now. how long ago did you stop nursing? although i nursed my dd for 38 months, my periods resumed when she was 20 months, due to drastic decrease in nursing when my aunt was in icu dying. the stress added too i believe. anyway, my periods were crazy once they started again for a bit. i don't know if this helps. i do think hormones are affected though. i would definitely want to see the dr about it though. everyone i know knows that i am on atkins. it was my dr in colorado that told me to get on it to lower my cholesterol. he has been on it for i guess about 4 or 5 years now. more and more doctors are trying it and seeing patients come in who are using it, with the blood work to prove it's benefits. anyway, i hope you'll be feeling better soon. have a great weekend!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #17  

Default Last post of the day

Thank God it is almost 5pm. I need this weekend. Hubby has another meeting tomorrow afternoon so I am going shopping. I need jeans. The ones I wear are too big and the old ones are still too tight.
I also needs some sweaters....I used to wear big baggy sweaters much to my husbands dismay but this year they look like crap on me. Most of what I have lost is up top and somewhat around the stomach so I find that I am wearing more fitted tops. I like that but it has left me not able to wear a bunch of sweater that I have.

I need to find some egg ideas for next weeks breakfast. I have been doing either deviled eggs or egg salad for breakfast. I can't seem to stomach them any other way in the morning. And I am sooooooo tired of sausages I could scream.
Next week bacon
Anyone have anything other than eggs for breakfast....remember I am still kind of in induction.

I also am wondering if anyone has any jell-o mold ideas. I LOVE cranberry sauce but know that I can't have it so I am looking for an idea for Thanksgiving. I bought some SF cranberry jell-o and thought I would make something and bring it with me. My sister in law is kind of doing the low carb thing too so I know she will eat it with me.

StorybookMama: mine drags on for about 10 days and I thought that was bad enough. I'm sorry you are having such trouble with it. Hopefully they will be able to do something when you see the doctor next week.

StarPrincess: Don't worry about the stall. You seem to do so well and have such a positive attitude. I know you will break this stall. Hang in there.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Talk again on Monday.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:28 PM   #18  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, everyone! Thank goodness for Fridays!!

Jamie: Glad to hear your flight with El-Baby-o went well! I hope you guys have a great time in California!

Star: You have such a great attitude!! And, some great ideas for Thanksgiving. I'd love to hear how they turn out.

Froufie: I hope you and your family get to feeling better!

Lisa: I hope you get to feeling better and get everything figured out soon! That sounds miserable!

Last night, my husband's battery died on his way home from his part-time job. It was around 11:30 p.m. He got a jump. It died again. He got another jump. It died again. He called me, and I came, and he tried to jump it again. No luck. So, we went to Wal-Mart and got a battery and put it in. It worked!! But, he's not completely sure that was the problem. It's still not running well. Anyway, by the time we got through with all of this, we didn't get home until after 2 a.m. Yuck!

So, I'm tired today... Luckily, not too much is going on. Work is always so slow on Fridays. Everyone is out "running errands." So, DH and I went out for a leisurely lunch. It was so relaxing. The weather here is beautiful -- about 70 and sunny today!

I'm behind on the sugar-free syrups. My goal is go out this weekend and find some and try them!

Well, I have been exercising a lot and trying to eat better, so I'm hoping for a loss on Monday!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Take care,
Jina
Closed Thread