Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 06:56 PM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Weekend Thread - Nov 1 & 2

Wow where is everyone??

I am late but that is ok!

Today I went to the gym for my month Body fat testing! I droped another 2% in the last month for a total of 4.5% down in 2 months! WOO HOO! I also show 10 pounds in the last month gone.. which is what I show at home too! WOO HOO!

How is everyone elses weekend? DH is at a friends right now working on his car and the kids are in Quiet time.. so I took a few minutes!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:25 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Here I am!

Happy November to all.

Not much happening here - got some groceries, mailed more invitations, tried to tidy up! (it seems to grow again right behind me)....now on my 3rd load of laundry - fun job for a saturday night. DH putting youngest to bed....middle child cranky (making I hate mom posters on the other computer as I am 'FORCING" her to clean her room and bathroom - to my standards - very different from hers! lol)....eldest will be out again!

May go out and rent a dvd movie for later...if we don't fall asleep first.

Eating a bit off track - I find weekends more difficult due to lack of a schedule. Trying to catch up on my water drinking. Ate at weird times and unusual items - barely felt like eating any veggies today??

Tomorrow need to tidy up some more.....catch up on some reading for work...and we have tickets to this tv watching thing at a downtown hotel - we are hoping to attend as it sounds like fun!

Maybe out for dinner first depends on schedule of our ds/babysitter!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Froufy
Old 11-02-2003, 09:42 AM   #3  
thin within

ok, i'm back on the atkin's track 100% again. after a week of trying to get the weight from the week before off and not succeeding, i started allowing myself to have a little here and a little there. wouldn't you know that the weight started coming off once i started this? i've been clean today and will stay that way until the ball on saturday. i finally found a gown, as supersized's was about 5 to 6 inches too small in the bust. it is long, winter red, sleeveless, straight, with some spiral beading at the top front. i will be able to wear the shoes, new hose, and wrap that my most wonderful twin sent to me though. hopefully i will be able to post a pic of my dh and me next weekend or soon after.

it does seem quiet. i know that i don't get on much on the weekends. i've been so busy lately, not to mention the family being sick a lot, that i've not really even been able to get on during the week. hopefully things will settle down soon. i really miss getting to keep tabs on how everyone is doing. i miss the support too. y'all are all doing so well. "yavash, yavash"--slowly, slowly we will get to the destination we are trying to reach.

Last edited by fullfig; 11-02-2003 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:07 PM   #4  
Pure Energy

Angry Are new members welcome?

Hello,
I've been looking around and you ladies seem like the kind of down to earth people I would love to hang around and help motivate as well as get motivation from. I love that there are some of you who are new to the program as well as veterans and that you are honest and supportive. I'm 29 years old and mother to an awesome 7 month old baby. I have approx. 70lbs to lose to get to kick butt weight and for the first time in my life I think this plan can do it but support matters. Are you guys open to new members in your group? Thanks a bunch.
Have a wonderful day.
Jamie
Old 11-02-2003, 02:16 PM   #5  
thin within

sure, we are glad to have you join us, jamlinrich. as you can tell we are not perfect, but help each other out when we can. this group sure makes the journey more enjoyable. welcome!
Old 11-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #6  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Talking welcome!!!

Hi Jamie....Welcome...and might I add what an adorable baby you have!! Is it a boy or a girl? The extra long eyelashes are fooling me!!...lol Post often or when you can, its a little hard with a wee one but I look forward to seeing you on the boards. tc
Old 11-02-2003, 07:22 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

Welcome, Jamie. You'll find lots of support here. I'm one of the not-so-perfect ones. I'm just finishing off a week long carb binge and feeling totally ghastly, bloated and guilty because of it. I guess I needed it to make me realize how much better I feel when I stick to my low carb woe. So, back on track for me starting NOW.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:59 PM   #8  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hey Jamie....

Come on in and set yourself down and have a chat! All newbies always welcome to join in.

...and what a cutie you have in your arms!

I also need to lose about 70 lbs total (YIKES!)...and am down about 35 already!!! Are you planning to try Atkins? When?

Hope you have gotten the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution) and read it before starting...you might also check out the website at www.atkins.com for more info, and also get yourself a free account on www.fitday.com so you can track what you're eating in order to monitor your protein/fats and carbs.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Froufie

P.S...oh ya and about my day - well more laundry, some shopping, and out for dinner and the "tv preview" stuff w/dh tonight. Dinner was great! (japanese tepanyaki: salad, shrimp, steak, veggies all on the grill)...tv preview was fun but a bit boring, got too watch a drama, a sitcom (w/Valerie Harper) and some commercials! - did not win any door prizes ...oh well.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:18 AM   #9  
Pure Energy

Thanks for being so welcoming. I'm pretty excited about this overall. Logan is my baby boy. He's 7 months and a complete joy. I'll add pictures a lot since he is the light of my life. In fact, he is probably one of the biggest motivations for me. I want so badly to be a fit mom. I don't want to be so out of shape that I can't keep up with my kid without being out of breath. I have just completed my 2nd day of Atkins. I have the New Diet Revolution book and the little carb counter book and journal. I was thinking about getting the Kit for life that is available. I'm having a hard time figuring out some of the basic stuff. When I looked through the carb counter book it looks like almost EVERYTHING has carbs. Is that true? I'm used to Weight watchers where most veggies are free. It's a whole new way of thinking to count everything. Also, do you have any ideas for quick and easy snacks or breakfasts. I want to keep it really clear on induction and am thinking about doing induction for 3-4 weeks instead of 2. I've lost 4 lbs already. YAYAY! I want this so bad that when I think about it my jaw hurts. I'm tired of being fat!!! Well, you all just let me know if I can do anything for you. You ladies kick butt!! Have a great morning.
Jamie
Closed Thread