Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-17-2004, 01:03 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Thread - April 17- 18

Hello all....

I'm a little concerned our board is starting to die. Is it because we're busy, or is it because we think we are being "bad" - as in not being perfect.

I heard a really interesting quote from the AA BB today (on a Lifetime movie, of course ): "We don't skip down the road to happiness, we trudge." It's so true! The journey is difficult and often painful, but it's so worth it.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 01:47 PM   #2  

Default Morning!

Jennelle, it is concerning me too. I count this board as one of my daily OA tools and it's tough when I don't see many posts on it. I am trying to post regularly, but I must say it's disheartening to see the dailies dwindle compared to a few months ago.

Thanks for updating us on Chris.

I would hope people would post her on abstinent AND non-abstinent days. I take it one day at a time and HP willing, have managed close to 11 months now. BUT, who knows what tomorrow brings. And if it brought COE, I would still be here sharing my ESH. So I'd hope my friends would, too.

The other day I said something my my supervisor (also a work friend) which I worded poorly. I obsessed over it for the whole night (giving it away to HP but it would return). It wasn't until my morning OA meeting that HP knocked on my wooden head and suggested that I just apologize to her.

Now I wasn't even sure if it was something I was making a big thing and wasn't or what. But I apologized anyway. And you know what? She didn't take what I said the way I feared she did! I created the whole drama in my little head. But not only did apologizing help me feel better instantly, it also taught me (once again) that I over analyze myself way too much.

Thanks HP for helping guide my way. Before OA, I would have surely eaten over it. But now I have this program. I am blessed.

I hope to hear from everyone. Thanks for sharing that quote, Jennelle!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #3  

hello everyone!!

did we ever find Miss Chris? i hope she is ok.

good for you kat being brave and taking the high road and apologizing glad it made you feel good!!

hi jennelle i am also concerned about the lack of activity in here. i haven't had a whole lot to say in the past few days because i have been busy but i have learned so much in here in just the little time i've spent. thanks to all of you for that. very honestly this is a tough subject, for me at least, but the support in here is awesome!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Don't worry, Jennelle. We won't let this thread die. Thanks for the great quote.
I'm sorry I'm on and off here. Yes, it's probably because I'm not doing that well with my eating. Maybe I'll start posting my exercise in my daily posts here... just to perk myself up. It's the only thing I'm doing right at the moment.
Thanks for checking up on Chris for us.

Kat, congratulations on just letting go and apologizing! Even though your supervisor wasn't offended in the first place, it made YOU feel good. I know that experience all too well.

Hey, Jodi! I'm still being nice to my DH. On the other hand, I'm about to lose it with my kids. I'm trying to enjoy my morning coffee and quiet time, and my little DS is up making hot chocolate and trying to put a DVD on. If I wasn't sitting here, he'd be fine. He's perfectly capable of doing all kinds of things, but when he sees "mom" sitting here doing d-all, he becomes helpless.

I'm going to the gym this morning. Then I'm going to take a tour of a couple of million-dollar homes with a friend for fun. He's (my gay friend) bought a ticket to win one of them, and we're going to check them out. Then we'll do a bit of shopping. I have a sudden desire for some orange plates to throw in amongst my white ones. Maybe a few green ones, too.

Have a wonderful day, girls! love to all...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 10:51 AM   #5  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Kat...oh, those voices in the head!!! Let me tell you, my brain is the QUEEN of overblown drama!

My asst. principal asked me Friday if I was losing weight. I told her I was trying. It's still so hard to accept a compliment like that though...I always want to qualify it....like "well, yes, but some of it has to do with the industrial-strength girdle I'm wearing." One thing I need to learn is that I need to just say, "yes, thank you."

Oh yeah...and I lost my sponsor. She emailed me a few days ago and said that she had to cut back because she was stressing out and it was affecting her own abstinence. She stuck with her three original sponsorees and dropped the six (!) others. I have no idea how she managed to sponsor nine people for any length of time. I can barely handly myself!

I have a therapy appointment next week to deal with some childhood issues. I don't think it's going to be fun, but they need to be dealt with because some of them are at the crux of my eating disorder. I will fill you in afterwards.

Jennelle
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:18 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle
It's still so hard to accept a compliment like that though...I always want to qualify it....like "well, yes, but some of it has to do with the industrial-strength girdle I'm wearing."
Jennelle, you're killin' me.
Yes, we are anxious to hear all about your childhood issues. In fact, if we all talk about our childhood issues, this thread could really pick up.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #7  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Gosh, Kat, I had a moment like that this morning, and I'm still obsessing over it. I made a joke to someone at church that sounded like I was picking - but it was in my family's affectionate sort of way that was probably lost on this person, since he's NOT one of my brothers - anyway, I'm going to apologize, but I won't see him for another week at least. I can imagine it wasn't a big deal to him, but in my drama queen head, he's either offended and put off, or he doesn't care at all because he didn't consider me a friend in the first place.

Anyway, other than my OCD-type thoughts, I'm okay. Not great, but okay. I'm still in the disgusted with myself phase, so I haven't been posting as much since I don't have anything positive to offer. I know that's not a requirement, but it gives me less enthusiasm.

Maybe we need more topical threads, in addition to the daily? That way those of us who don't want to post "Hi, I'm here, life still sucks" could contribute in another way?

Hi's and hugs to everyone!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 05:21 PM   #8  

Default Happy Sunday, all

Hey there!

Jennelle, good luck finding a new sponsor. It sounds like you're old one had a huge "caseload"! She was an online one, right?

Ellis: How was the gym?

Tracy: You sound like me. It's definitely a "Hey HP, please take this obsession, I can't deal with it" situation. Good luck.

Jodi: hi!

Anyone hear from Chris?

DH and I went to a friend's today for breakfast. Seeing another group of friends tonight. Right now I am just cleaning up and chilling on the computer. It's a brisk, sunny day here. Beautiful.

Have a good day!
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:13 PM   #9  

hello everyone!!

ellis great job with dh, i have been good too well except 1 little wise crack i made leaving the driveway this afternoon in disgust but i promptly apologized as soon as i got back. i know what you mean about the kids my ds (9yo mind you) asked me to cut his meat in a helpless voice at dinner tonight problem is we had fallin' off the bones ribs. i guess he needs a little time with me. will work on that this week. as far as your ds goes as long as he wasn't putting the hot chocolate IN the dvd player consider it a good day great job with the exercising by the way!!!

sorry to hear about your sponsor jenelle. hang in there.

i like the topic idea also treasaigh.

hi kat!!
justjodi is offline   Reply With Quote