Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 08:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Daily Chat - October 29th

Good Morning,

Gonna grab me some bacon & coffee and be back later.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:42 AM   #2  
Away we go!!!!!! (pounds)

Good Morning all.
Boy do I feel sneaky today. I went to weight watchers last night (WAIT, don't throw eggs at me). I have no intention of doing the weight watchers diet right now but a bunch of my friends are on weight watchers and so I went there to listen to their stories and support. It was fun.

I noticed that the weight loss there is very very slow and I don't think I could get into the whole point thing. But, I figure I can go get weighed and listen in every week and it should be good for me.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

Drinking my coffee, and trying to decide what to have for breakfast! Have a busy day again ahead!

Clynne - I used to go to WW and I actually lost 56 pounds in 1999 doing their at home program.. but It took 10 months to lose that weight and I couldnt count points for the rest of my life.. not to mention being hungry ALL the time! But the meetings are good because they have some great mental tips to use!

I have to return a bunch of stuff at michaels today that we didnt use at our daisy meeting. and I have to write up several class proposals for a crochet confrence in Californa next year... so I will be on my computer a lot today.. so dont be surprised if you hear from me a lot today! LOL!

Gotta get on the treadmill today! see ya all later!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:21 AM   #4  
Head Princess

Good morning!

This weather change is killing me! As soon as I hold still for 5 minutes, I start falling asleep. This is not good for someone who sits at a desk and types on her laptop all day.

I have once again affirmed that lettuce and I are no longer friends. I had some on my yummy low-carb sandwich yesterday and ended up running to the bathroom several hours later. *sigh* that makes my veggie challange even more interesting!

I did my new pilates video again last night (3rd time now) and I'm amazed at how quickly it's building my abdominal strength! There's a move called the roll-up where you lay on your back with your arms stretched above your head. Then you raise your arms up in the air, tuck your head, and then follow your fingers as you roll up into a sitting position. OMG that was hard!!! I had to bend my legs to keep from hurting myself the first two workouts. Yesterday, I did it like it was nothing! I'm so excited. I'm such a results person, that I tend to get discouraged easily if I'm not seeing changes. So I'm doing a little happy dance this morning.

The system I work on keeps going down (solar flares?) so you'll probably see much of me today as well.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:23 AM   #5  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Morning all!

Didn't go over 20 carbs yesterday - didn't have any carbs after my snack since I was so close to 20 already!! I think I just really need to be vigilant about tracking every single thing that goes near my mouth... more work than I'd like to do - but a necessary evil.

Taking my dd to the doctor today for her 18 month well-baby check. Yes, she is almost 20 months old...what can I say. I guess her next visit won't be until she's 2.

I think the support at the WW meetings can be valuable! I am not going because we can't afford it - but if you can - go for it!!

Talk to you all later!
Old 10-29-2003, 11:39 AM   #6  
I KNOW I can!!

Talking

Morning all! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Wednesday. I'm having my daily lunch salad, and have doubled up on the onions LOL Keeps people away from my desk.

The weather here is crappy. Gray, overcast and chilly. ICK!
Old 10-29-2003, 12:17 PM   #7  
reaching my goals

I have to confess. My office ordered pizza today and I had two slices of thin crust garden pizza. According to Papa John's site, each slice contained 17 c - 2 f = 15 net carbs. 30 carbs is definitely more than 20 but I've only had 2 carbs so far today otherwise. This is really the first time I've been off plan since sandwich at blood drive a month ago. The only other incident was the Mexican food during week 3. I know I shouldn't have eaten it but have been thinking a lot about pizza lately. The good news is that it wasn't nearly as good as I had remembered it. It was even slightly sweet. I guess since I haven't had bread in quite awhile. Therefore I won't be craving it any more.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:38 PM   #8  
Head Princess

Naughty naughty!!! But I'm glad you got it out of your system. I had the same problem with french fries. I LOVED McDonald's french fries beyond words or reason. I finally gave in one day and took one from my husband, took one bite, and promptly had to spit the thing out. It was gross! I swear this woe has changed my taste buds. And good thing, too! It has killed my desire to cheat because the food doesn't taste right anyway.

Off to go get a flu shot!!!
Old 10-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I know how you feel, I am addicted to Pnut M&M's so every two weeks I have some and I feel like ahhhhhh okay I can move on w/my life Hey everyone has some sort of down fall lol.

Last weekend just saturday, I had some m&ms with a pizza chaser... mmm ! thick crust. Sunday I felt human again lol.

Any good plans for the weekend ?
Old 10-29-2003, 02:08 PM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Star - which Pilates video are you using?
I still have not made a firm commitment to exercise. This is ridiculous!!!

Raining her in NJ on the shore also today - but the rest of the week is supposed to be beautiful!

Just finishing up my lunch here (chicken breasts with bruschetta - YUM).
Bye for now!
Old 10-29-2003, 02:25 PM   #11  
Head Princess

I started out by buying the book Pilates Body so I could understand the theory. Then I started using Gaiam's Pilates for Weight Loss video. It's excellent and has multiple levels you can work up through. This week, I started Windsor Pilates and I have to say it's wonderful but I'm glad I didn't try starting on it first - the book and other video gave me a great and much needed foundation. Besides, they were cheaper so I didn't have to invest much into something I wasn't sure I could commit to.

Hope that helps! Anyone else do pilates?
Old 10-29-2003, 04:19 PM   #12  
thin within

hi all. sorry i've been mia lately. we have been sick and busy around our house lately. i've not lost any weight since mid last week. supersized's evening gown arrived but does not fit in the bust--to the tune of about 5 inches. it fits perfectly everywhere else. i just bought a gown today and finally found one bra to fit. i don't like turkish sizes though. although i am a 16 and 18 in us sizes, i'm a 48 in turkish. instead of a us 38 to 40ddd, i am a 90e. these numbers are killing me. i can hardly wait to be able to catch up on all the chatter i've missed these last five days.
Old 10-29-2003, 05:13 PM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, all! Hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday!

Today was another travel day for work. So, lunch was a challenge. We ate at a Chinese restaurant. I ate smoked chicken, which I think was safe, green beans and beef and broccoli. I also tried a seafood concoction. I was a little worried about the sauce in the beef and broccoli and on the seafood dish, but overall, I guess I did better than I thought I might.

I haven't given into any cravings yet, but for some reason, a white chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup keeps calling my name. I'm not sure why... I have never even been a big chocolate fan, but I do love peanut butter. I have a feeling that if I took a bite, the craving would be gone, and I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. But, I'm trying to not even do that. I'm sure it wouldn't even taste that good, but it sure tastes good in my head!!

I'm going to make myself exercise tonight -- I know I need, too. I think I'll use my Gazelle while watching 'The Bachelor.' Is anyone else into that show?

Take care,
Jina
Old 10-29-2003, 05:37 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

I've had my aunt visiting here since last Friday. Took her home today and I'm determined to get back OP tomorrow. The carbs just kept sneaking in until I finally gave up and had myself a good old carb feast. I'm not proud of myself and I feel all bloated and yucky but perhaps the weight I've gained and the way I feel will be a lesson well learned. It's not worth it. For me, one taste of forbidden food doesn't kill the cravings, it amplifies them and I'm not happy until I'm all bloated. Only then does remorse set in and boy, do I feel remorseful.
Some good came of her visit though. She's a lovely person to have around. She always pitches right in with whatever I'm doing and dishes don't have a chance to sit around dirty. She helped me make two double batches of jam and jelly on Saturday. On Sunday we started cutting out and sewing some baby clothes for my soon to arrive grandchild and we worked on them for the next couple of days. But, I have paid the price for my pleasure with some pounds gained.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:59 PM   #15  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Linda - I know exactly what you mean about that bloated yucky feeling. A few weeks ago I treated myself to a s'more when the kids were roasting marshmellows and I felt so yucky for 2 whole days. It is just not worth it. I like the new feeling I have each morning. I don't get up feeling all groggy - I can actually be productive from the moment I wake up instead of needing that 45 min to slowly get into the day.

Glad to have you back on program with us.

It took me awhile when I read your posts to realize you had a real live human being visiting you... I'm so used to woman here posting about their Aunt Flo visiting - meaning that TOM. SO FUNNY! I'm glad your visit went so well though.

Star:
I have Windsor Pilates and I tried it once and got so discouraged. I might read more about that introductory one you used. Thanks for the info.
Closed Thread