Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/145/125

Height: 5'7 and a HALF!!!! lol

Default Simple ?'s about carbs

Hello everyone! Today's my first day on this forum and just wanted to ask a few questions! I wanted to make sure that it was okay to eat deli meat? We went to WalMart last night and i got sliced pepperoni, salami & some turkey meat that I believe has 2g carbs in it! I also got some cheese, someone told me that the deli meat was a no good? I just wanted to make sure and also, was making sure it was fine to have a few slices of celery with peanut butter (the peanut butter label said 5g carbs/serving)...I know these are easy questions, but I just wanted to make sure so I don't sabatoge myself! Thanks so much!

Ashley
RileyRaysMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Ashley,

My first question is, are you doing Atkins? If you are, deli meats such as pepperoni, salami & turkey are permitted....however....they tend to be high in sodium, which can cause you to retain water. You also need to be aware they can also contain sugar which is a no-no.
Celery is perfectly acceptable on Atkins Induction...but....peanut butter is not. That would not be added until you are on the 2nd phase of Atkins known as OWL (On Going Weight Loss).
I hope this helps.
You CAN do this!!
All the best to you!

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote