Old 03-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Arrow It was nothing but water weight!

In my last thread I mentioned that a few days ago (Monday) I started my diet again. I haven't stepped on the scales since then. Well....this morning when I woke up I stepped on the scales and it read 311 when it wa 320!! Yay! It was allllll water weight! I'm really really really motivated now to stick with my diet now.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 PM   #2  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

That is always a pleasant surprise after a slip up. I have had my share of these past few weeks. Just keep on going and you'll reach your goal. Good luck!!

Last edited by Brendansmum; 03-28-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Darn water weight! It is so easy to put on and so slow to get off! Chinese Food and pizza (no together) do that to me.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Thats great butterfly! Its always a good reminder not to rely on the scale, the scale can't tell the difference between water, fat or muscle, so don't let the ups and downs get to you. Just keep it up and you'll get there!!

Last edited by Puncezilla; 03-28-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #5  
I'm committed.

S/C/G: 177/177/115

Height: 5'2.5"

Glad it was water weight! Motivating!

Mary
offthecouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

That's great Butterfly! Yeah...believe it or not...it takes 3,500 calories over your daily caloric requirement to put on 1lb of fat. Glad to hear your back and motiviated! Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Wow! I wish I could lose 9 lbs of water weight. Unfortunately I gained 1 today and I have to post my weight on another forum elsewhere.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:36 PM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

I've decided not to do that any more. Posting weight that is. Especially when it is up even just a little, it is discouraging. I'm doing this for me. Why do something that will bum me out?

In fact I'm trying to not tell anyone I'm even on a changed eating plan. It isn't any of their business and I usually feel like such a failure when I let people know and then maybe get discouraged and give up. So why do it?

I'm glad for you Butterfly that you dropped water weight by that amount. Amazing isn't it. I figure the 7.5 pounds I've dropped this week is probably mostly water weight too. But it is still nice to have it gone isn't it?

I decided this time to do it for how I feel. Not for some mythical image in my head of ideal. It would be ideal to be able to fit in some of my smaller clothes, to not have so many backaches from too heavy of a bust, to have my knee joints not protesting so much. And if the weight is all water it doesn't matter because it STILL leaves me with more energy to carry around less weight water or otherwise!
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Good for you!!!!! Isn't it amazing how small successes can motivate? By the same token, I hate what small failures do to me!!!!AAAKKKKKKKK. Keep up the good work you are doing great!
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:09 PM   #10  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

God, I know the feeling. I was on vacation last week and ate out too much. I gained a few pounds but now that I am home and eating on plan, I found it was mostly water weight. It's happened so often to me that I can tell now when the water weight is coming off by the amount of times I go to the bathroom during the day.

keep it up! Stay motivated, don't let the scale dictate your diet, it's for life, just tell yourself that and you won't be tempted to go "off plan."
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/218/140

That has to be the most awesome feeling. Good for you!
Cootieshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:47 PM   #12  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Yeah it is a good feeling. Turns out during my hiatus I only gained 2 pounds; the rest was water weight. As of now I'm trying to get those 2 pounds off, but kinda having a hard time. My grandfather is in the hospital and not doing to well. Their's fluid in his lungs and food! The docs said that when he eats some of the food goes into his lungs. So, he's suffering greatly. He's begging for water more than anything but can't have it. Today he was hot and the nurse put a damp wet wrag on his forehead. After she left he took that rag and squeezed as hard as he could to get some water into his mouth. I think I'll never forget that. And also my other grandfather isn't doing well either, I have to go see him this weekend. Because of this I have been eating some things I shouldn't be eating. It's mainly chocolate.

(So glad I can come here and share my feelings.)

Christina
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote