Old 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #16  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

You are young and beautiful, don't let your weight stop you from living your life. I've often said to myself I'll do something after I've lost weight and then I just never do it and I regret not getting out and doing more. there are lots of ignorant people out there but there are also lots of people who will love and accept you for who you are, no matter what you weigh.
You are doing fantastic with your loss so far! Keep it up and don't let anything stand in your way.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

I'm glad that you know that everybody's not an a$$hole!...and that there are good people out there that don't judge you by your bodyfat percentage!

Hoping you take some of the very good advice here, get up...hold your head of high, and strut girl! That's why I love Monique (TV Comedian)...she's a sexy babe...why?...cuz she says so! I love her strut! I love her intelligence! I love her humour! I love her beauty (both inner and out)! I just friggin love her! She's such a good role model for "people will believe you are what YOU believe you are!"

Stay in touch now...and put a smile on that pretty face of yours...too beautiful for frowns! Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #18  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Example.... when I was younger my brother would not invite me to his house/parties b/c he was embarassed of my weight. The people at these parties (friends and relatives) would tell me how he would make fun of me behind my back infront of all these people. It hurt..yes, I cried for a very long time, and it hurts so much more when it comes from your own blood. Anyway.... years went by... he married...had kids and guess what... his wife got really fat and he had two very fat kids... .. HOW YOU DOIN!!!!!

Leenie

Hey Leenie, I had a similar situation. When I was in the sixth grade I had a very very hard time with this disrespectful girl that ridiculed me called me names every single blessed day. She was a regular healthy person. She would walk to my desk every single morning and call me a pig. And because of the clothes I wore (back in those days they really didn't make cute clothes for my size so I was stuck with single colored t-shirts and shorts every day) she made fun of that too. Anyways, my mom knew about it because i'd get off the bus crying and she would ask. She went to see the principal and mom and that girl had a conversation. After that her name calling stopped for a little while. Summer came and went and when school started again I heard that she moved. Well, a few years ago I saw that girl, now she's like twice the size of me.... HOW YOU DOIN'!!!!

(LOL I love that phrase, it's sooo funny)

Last edited by butterfly_dreams; 03-04-2008 at 08:06 PM.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 PM   #19  
Made of Starstuff

Butterfly - Sounds like you're feeling a little better I hope so And... I'm terrible, but part of me enjoys seeing the sort of karmic revenge that happens to others >_>
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #20  
banned

I just love the ...HOW YOU DOIN!!!! That was priceless! Reminds me of my days of livin' in New York Citaaay! Go Wendy Williams!...yeah...glad to read a more cheerful you Butterfly! Peace out! Joyce
Old 03-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

There are four books you need to read: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes, Living The Low Carb Life by Jonny Bowden and Jemima J by Jane Green. The first three books are to feed your mind [you need as much good information (and not just information from someone on a website) as possible about your new way of life] and the last book is to feed your soul. This was an awesome book. Actually, all of Jane Green's books are good for girls that are not perfect. PM me anytime you need to talk.

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-04-2008 at 10:12 PM.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #22  
banned

...[you need as much good information (and not information off a website) as possible about your new way of life]...

Uhhhh...There's plenty of "good information" you can find everywhere. Right here...for starters...from people who have been right where you are! But...books are helpful also! Just because someone is "selling" a spoken word...does not make it gospel...or..."the only way". Sorry...but I just can't resist responding to "cult-like" posts....Joyce
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #23  

Butterfly_Dreams, I'm truly sorry this is turning into something not about you or your concern.

What's cult like about telling someone to read a book. JerseyGyrl herself always recommends reading the book. But you don't respond to her post calling her a cultist. JerseryGyrl also told someone here that the Atkins website had conflicting information. And yet, I do not see you responding to her post, calling her cult-like.

Yes, I'm telling her to read a book to get her information from the source and not by word of mouth, which is rarely accurate. If you have good information you can make an informed decision about what may or may not work for you. If you know where you are supposed to start with your diet then you will be able to decide whether or not you need to stick closer to the basics or venture out with your diet. But you have to know where to start. And where would you get that kind of information? Hum, let me see. The book?

We are all here for the support we want and need in a journey to better ourselves. We shouldn't be here throwing accusations at another persons suggestion on ways to accomplish a goal. Some people think you can actually learn something by reading a book. Go figure.

It's quite alarming to me that in this day and age you would get so riled up by the suggestion of reading a book. And this is not the first time that you have made a comment after I told someone to read a book. Which is why I felt compelled to respond this time. But know this, I will never apologize for my suggestion to read. I will never stop making the suggestion to read. I also would never show my ignorance by accusing someone I don't even know of being a cultist.

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-05-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #24  
Believe and Achieve

Me too Bambifox I busted out laughing about the HOW YOU DOIN' thing.

Thanks you all for support. I am feeling a LOT better.

Just going to dust myself off and keep on a truckin'
Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 212/sig/125

Height: 5'1

Default :(

Gosh.. that sounds so familiar. I'm 25 and nobody in my family is overweight.. I know some of them (not my immediete family) looked down on me and thought i was less of a person. I would walk around campus and see all these perfect little thin girls wearing cute clothes and feel like a monster. Of course I wasen't and either are you. But sometimes we let ourselves get carried away.

My brother is a major ladies man and my mom is cute as a button. I felt so awkward at family get togethers. I just stopped going to them. I stopped going to birthday parties, reunions and even going out with my friends. I decided I couldn't live like that anymore and started low carb. Hey guess what, I'm half way to my goal.. and you are on your way too. You have lost soo much and pretty soon you will prove not to anyone else, but YOURSELF that you can do it. I mean you already are! So be patient, your time will come. Get out there and have fun knowing that soon you will be comfortable in your body but that even if you never lost weight your life is precious and ignorant people shouldn't make it anything less then beautiful.

. You're a great person I am sure, you just need to believe it!

Rikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:45 AM   #26  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_dreams View Post
Hey Leenie, I had a similar situation. When I was in the sixth grade I had a very very hard time with this disrespectful girl that ridiculed me called me names every single blessed day. She was a regular healthy person. She would walk to my desk every single morning and call me a pig. And because of the clothes I wore (back in those days they really didn't make cute clothes for my size so I was stuck with single colored t-shirts and shorts every day) she made fun of that too. Anyways, my mom knew about it because i'd get off the bus crying and she would ask. She went to see the principal and mom and that girl had a conversation. After that her name calling stopped for a little while. Summer came and went and when school started again I heard that she moved. Well, a few years ago I saw that girl, now she's like twice the size of me.... HOW YOU DOIN'!!!!

(LOL I love that phrase, it's sooo funny)
There you go !!! see thats exactly what happens, sooner or later it winds up in their faces.

HOW YOU DOIN !! comes from the movie Norbit which I LOVE LOVE LOVE !!!! Yes, its about an obese woman and yes, they mock her...but geeze Eddy Murphy is sooo funny.

One thing I've learned in life is you have to be able to laugh at yourself...if you don't your in for a long miserable life....and really...who needs that

It stinks that people have to make others feel like moose kaka....but you know something, in the long run it makes US so much stronger and them so much more pathetic.

Now..... go get em and have a WONDERFUL day... HOW YOU DOIN !!!

Last edited by Leenie; 03-05-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #27  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Aw, love, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO STAY LIKE THIS THOUGH. This is actually similar to the advice I gave someone on another thread- succeeding is scary. Doing well is scary, because it means you have something to lose. Right now your self esteem is so low that you don't feel like you deserve to have anything to lose, that you'll lose it all so why try. It doesn't have to be that way. There's an amazing quote, falsely attributed to Nelson Mandela, actually by Marianne Williamson.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Improbable-that is an awesome quote. Thanks.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #29  

Those are powerful words, Bekka, words that we all need to embrace and never let go. Thanks for sharing them.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 AM   #30  
Believe and Achieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku View Post
I felt so awkward at family get togethers. I just stopped going to them. I stopped going to birthday parties, reunions and even going out with my friends...
You hit the nail on the head, that's exactly what I've been doing. And I thought I was the only person that does that.

Rikku and I have done that, has anyone else here did it?