Old 03-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #76  

Hello, I think I did Dr. Stillman's Water diet before some of you were born! I'm not absolutely sure it's the same, but I remember eating tuna fish out of the can with salt and pepper and drinking tons of water. I think that was the first time anyone said water was important for dieters. It was supposed to be washing away the residue of the fat burning. That was a long time ago!! I don't remember if I lost weight, but since that was at the beginning of years and years of dieting, I can say that it wasn't a long term loss.
After I worried about it all day, the snow completely missed us last night. I think I should get credit for protecting the entire region from a winter storm-LOL. It is a very strange winter!
I'm glad DD15 isn't going to prom! My oldest DD went all three years and at least one prom at a different school. We have the dresses to prove it in our guest room closet. DD15 actually wore one to a non school event, but she's not much interested in dating. That makes my life much easier! Isn't it early for prom? I thought they had to fall on the last weekend in April because that's worst possible time for me! I barely saw older DD in any of those dresses because I was running around with the other kids and work and everything.
I think we should all chip in to fix Fay's lap top so she can keep us entertained with stories about Little Kitty Underwear all weekend!
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, quiet on this thread today.

I went to work today. I think I'm starting to feel better because I actually ate a reasonable amount of food. Tomorrow is going to be ugly though. I have to work the weekend because I'm on call.

Right now I have a sleeping, snoring dog on my lap. He's pretty funny. Hope you all have a great weekend.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 230/188/145 Started 1/3/08

Height: 5'4

Hello All: Petra, I love snoring dogs. Here is the sick thing...I don't even mind a smelly snoring dog. Or in the case of Ellie the rotund cocker, a smelly, farting dog.

So it has been a busy week. I loved reading all the posts about yogurt, books and exercise. I tried the Fage Yogurt from Trader Joes but it did not agree with me. I won't give up! I will try doctoring it up with some other stuff.

Trying to decide what to concoct for dinner. I think I will do pork chops and salad tonight with some of the spag. squash I cooked and froze a few weeks ago. DD has a friend over so they want taco meat with cheese, refried beans and tortilla chips. Evil. Mainly because it actually appeals to me.

ox
SC
stayincalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:08 PM   #79  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

I think its quiet cuz EVERYBODY'S SICK!!! I can't believe this damn flu going around...also I keep hearing of horrible weather in Texas (tornados), Oklahoma...blizzard like snow storms....it's crazy out there! I hope everyone's alright though. HEY...IF YOUR OKAY...GIVE US A HOLLA ALL OF YOU ARE MIA ON THIS BOARD...WE WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW CRAPPY/GOOD YOUR DAYS HAVE BEEN GOING. HEAR OUR DESPERATE CRIES...HELLO???HELLO??? WHERE THE HECK R YA?!
Joyce
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #80  

Joyce, I haven't been missing, but I am getting a little desperate. I got my MP3 player in the mail today and I have no idea what to do with it. I can't even find my way back to the library website where you can (supposedly) down load the books. DD15 offered to let me put some of her music on it, but I don't think we have any music in common!! T.V. stinks on Friday nights!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #81  

Hey, I think I got myself a ticker. This is a test!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:35 PM   #82  

Oops. That didn't work.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #83  
banned

Sorry Lynnar, but I'm mildly retarted when it comes to figuring out that kinda crap! My 9yr old would have a better shot at helping you than I... I'd go online and check out....ya know...some site like "MP3 players for dummies" or somethin'...if it were me...I'd need the website with pictures also! Good luck learning! I'm gonna check out some equipment for my exercise room this weekend. I wanna get a clock (first of all)...some music...maybe move my stereo equipment in there and get some cool workout CD's (haven't bought a CD in 7-8 yrs...I know..pathetic...but true!) It's crazy..the last CD I bought was (I think) "Spice Girls - Girl Power" CD!!! Now thats really bad! I hoping I could find some cool workout CD's. I'll let you guys know what cool stuff I find, if any!

Well turning in guys...believe it or not, I just finished my workout (at 11:00pm)!! I was determined to get it in today...whew...legs are pumped though! I feel sooo friggin good after a workout, but like sh*t before! I tell ya guys...it's all in the mind...your body really wants to workout! That's why I was so determined...cuz if I don't...I feel sh*tty...for some reason I can't 2 days pass without working out (every other day is the max I'll go). Good night all! Peace...in the middle east...and other places too! Smile! Joyce
Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone. I actually have to go to work today since I'm on call. Fortunately, I'm on the mend. The bad thing is I think I have a ridiculous number of admissions so it will be an ugly day. I still have a nasty cough so the patients will probably be nervous being in the room with me I will pack my lunch so I can stay OP. Hope you all have a great day.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #85  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Hey Aud....how's it goin sweetie?

. . . at not only taking the weight off...but...keeping the weight off....I must take responsibility for what I put in my mouth (You Can Not Change What You Refuse To Acknowledge!). As I've mentioned before, I was an emotional eater . . .

I eat until I'm satisfied, as Dr. Atkins recommends. If I "think" I'm hungry, I'll have a large glass of water and wait ½ an hour and if I still feel hungry, I'll have a legal snack. My "hungry time" is usually between 4-5:00pm and I've learned having a low carb protein shake satisfies me until dinner.

Ok...greek yogurt. I LOVE greek yogurt!! I buy Fage Total 5%, 5.3 oz. container is 5 carbs & 5 grams of sugar (have you looked at other yogurt's? Even the plain! Woah!!!) Greek yogurt is very rich & very thick, much like the consistency of sour cream. I flavor mine with sugar-free DaVinci's...Caramel, Toasted Hazelnut, French Vanilla or English Toffee are my favorites. I add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a few frozen blueberries & a sprinkle of toasted, chopped almonds. It is delish!!!

It's going JG! It's going.

Glad you're around & saw my questions!

I'm eating Dannon LC - but it's such a tiny container and has an aftertaste. Hate me some WalMart, but DID see Greek Yogurt there on my last foray . . . forgot to look for the DaVinci's SF that I've always read so much about on here . . . but haven't got around to ordering. It's supposed to be stocked now at the larger SuperDuperWooperCenters - searching it out this weekend-'cause I'm definitely a Yogurt Fanatic - love 'em in a protein shake.

On the resolve part . . . I've read NDR more than once, but now that I think about it - it's been YEARS! Journalling has helped me alot lately - I've identified 2-5am as my "danger" time . . . herbal tea has helped when I'm in that zone . . . work schedule has just turned totally upside down - so hopeful to be asleep at those times for the forseeable future!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #86  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

File this under "TMI," petra - but I had to wear a pad when I had that dayung flu bug last month - haven't had TOM in two years!

Just a scary -cruddy bug! GWS ALL!

*giggling @ the farting dog*

Not trying to keep Ginger Pup a sparkling white or anything scalmie - what I meant was that all of a sudden her fur has actual yellow in it - the Pantene is fading it out . . . need to Google if this is just a West Highland "phase" - she was a year old in December - quite the personality around here - PLUS - only had the farts once!

She does vomit on car rides over 1/2 hour . . . always a highlight.

Your work-outs are inspiring me bambi - YOU GO!

I wish Fay had a lap top too!

What else?

Hope you check in az - tell us if you got your school work done. Not to mention how your Princess self is doing! My whole work life has turned upside down - different hours & then a lay off on the horizon . . . Termi-Linda (& JGyrl!) are keeping me on track.

Heading out to shop . . . determined to have some pre-made meals at the ready - and Induction friendly foods on hand - getting to know myself & stress so well so want to be prepared!

ttyal!

aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #87  

Default Happy Saturday All

Hi Everyone.

Petra: Poor you. Working when you are sick is the worst. Especially if you have to deal with the public. Sometimes when you are sick it is nice to just close your office door. Once I posted a photo of a guy in a haz mat suit on my door with the words, "Caution Plague Victim Inside".

7:21 a.m. here. Rough night. DD has come down with what might be the flu now. She had a friend over to spend the night last night and things were ok when I picked them up from school but DD was slightly glassy eyed so I started to watch her more closely. She only had a few bites of the dinner I made them (taco salad one of her favs). Then she fell asleep on the couch when they were watching TV and it was only 6:00. She tried to tough it out for another hour but a wracking cough started. That was followed by a temp increase over the next hour. I took her little friend home instead of having her stay over and I slept with DD in the guest room last night. As lily can attest, sometimes they just want their mom. She slept through her coughing and fever but I was miserable. Like being too close to a furnace. Her coughing must have jarred me awake about 10 times. I got up at midnight to have a glass of water and chill (literally) but it only took a few minutes for her to wake up and for me to hear those words, "Mommy?"

I was going up to the ranch to see my folks this weekend but they are both 80 so I don't want to expose them to a sick child. Looks like I will be going out to get DD a few flicks and doing my grocery shopping. I need to prep food today and Sunday as we have blown through our prepared foods that I froze in January and early Feb. Not being prepared in advance is my downfall especially in the lunch department. I don't eat off plan I end up skipping meals instead. This week I made myself got the the market at lunch and get a cobb salad so I would not skip meals like a few weeks ago.

I hope to go to Bodypump at 10:15 but we'll see how things shake out with DD. It is kind of cloudy/breezy but Spring like here today. I have a hankering to go look at antiques (I don't collect or buy but I LOVE to look and think about things that used to be someone's treasure or pride and joy). I will resist the urge though if DD does not improve.

Have a terrific day and I will check in later.

xo

SC
Old 03-08-2008, 11:38 AM   #88  
banned

Aud - I was "fast reading" through your post and swear I read, "giggling and farting like a dog!" I re-read it and realized you were referring to SIC's farting dog, but somehow...that thought just stuck in my head...and I found it hilarious (cuz of course, sometimes I can be worse than a dog on that tip!)

SIC - Sorry DD is sick...I hope she gets better soon! It totally s*cks when your kids are sick...it seems worse than if it were you!

Petra - Same to you dear...hoping you feel better soon..It's s*cks to have to work while sick...I know...I do it all the time. Guiafasin (sp??) syrup seems to help kill a cough (at least for me when lemons don't help) and plenty of natural vitamin C (fresh squeezed lemons seem to work great for me and my 9yr old - I squeeze it on her apples and she loves it) I use about 2 lemons throughout the day in my tea and in 2 days...the sickness is gone!

Enjoy your day ladies...out to a meetiing (yes...I'm workin too!) Joyce
Old 03-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #89  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Checkin' in, ladies! Man oh man...I talked big the other night about saying "no" to my compulsive carb eating urges. I did that night, but they came back! This time, I gave in. I gave in pretty hardcore, too. I'm not going to hang my head in shame over it, but I am going to go back to the basics for a bit.

I'm going to do Akins induction by the book, then work the phases. I've never actually done that before 100%. I'm even going to cut out caffeine--which is something I haven't done since the summer. It was **** for four days straight last time, so I'm not looking forward to it. I only got to the gym twice this past week, too--I guess when I'm stuck in emotional rut land, I just let all of the negative things sink in, in spite of my good intentions.

Anyway, I'm not throwing a pity party for myself--so I'm asking that none of you ladies throw one for me, either My inner Warrior is laying the smackdown to me--drill sergeanting me! She has a game plan for next week, so I'm going to listen to her. I've got a lot of homework to get done this weekend, so I'm going to get on that now.

Tomorrow is induction day 1, with no caffeine and no carbs not on "the list". I think because of how chaotic my life is right now, that doing a diet plan by the book is going to be something of a relief for me. Along with my homework tonight, I'm going to crack open Dr. Atkin's NDR and just re-read the induction section so I can be sure I'm doing it his way.

Anyway, I hope some of you have a nicer day out--it's been raining here since last night and it's awfully gloomy!

Last edited by Azure; 03-08-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #90  

Good for you Azure. I think you have done OUTSTANDING though using your methods. You look gorgeous. I applaud you for recognizing what might be an emotional eating episode but heck, I think that might happen from time to time in a busy life. An emotional eating habit is a problem but I don't know if I would call an episode one. Since its time for confessions, I had my first cheat since January 1st last night. I ate some taco meat but put it on a tortilla chip. Chip was good and all but it didn't throw me into a carb frenzy.

Your Inner XENA rules!!!!!

ox
SC