Old 01-08-2008, 06:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 174.0/162.4/135.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!

I am back from vacation and finally getting settled enough to have time for a quick post. I am waiting a week before I get back on the scale....give myself a little time OP to balance off the sins of vacation

I hope you all had a fantastic New Years!

Last edited by laura02169; 01-08-2008 at 06:28 AM.
laura02169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #17  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning
I'm down another 6lbs yahhhhhhhhhh!!

Alright, well....here is my theory so far on the potassium/magnesium tablets and my weightloss.

Usually during the first 2 weeks of atkins regardless as to how many times I restart, I always loose between 10-16lbs in the first week, and 5-8lbs the second week.

However, this time I took the pot/mag supps, and my weight dropped 6lbs each week. Not as good BUT so far, I havent gotten that funky feeling, and the intense need to eat everything in sight, and load up on ridiculous amounts of sugar.

So even tho, my first 2 week progress wasnt as good as past endeavours, it is still very very good!!

On sunday I took only 1 potassium instead of 2, and monday(yesterday) was brutal, and I was starting to question my diet again. So I bumped it back up to 2 supps yesterday, and I am feeling right back to normal today! Yah!!

From what I have read, it was my electrolites that were out of wack from the lowcarb and high water intake. This seems to put it right for me (so far) So take this information for what its worth, it certainly wont be the same for everyone. But this has been my experience.

Well, I was up at the crack of stupid this morning. Attending one of the many networking groups I belong to. This one is very easy as far as food goes. Its too early, I drink my coffee, socialize, networking, then go home have breakfast and get ready for the shop. But, this week alone there are many meetings that have dinners. On wednesday, I have roastbeef reserved, hopefully they will have a decent veggie to go with it.

Have a great day ladies, and keep positive thoughts!!

Last edited by RobinW; 01-08-2008 at 08:49 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:00 AM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Aud, late last night DH went to get his cig's out of his Jeep and that damn dog came running and growling at him. He was furious and said if he'd of had his gun, he would have shot it. He's gonna go talk with the police today and maybe finally something will be done. This has really, really put a rift in the friendly relationship that we've always had with these neighbors. Unfortunately there was no witness to Lucy's getting attacked. I was at the gym with the girls and DH was asleep when it happened.

Robin, when I do Atkins (like I'm doing now), I always require potassium supplements to keep my electrolytes in line. I've never tried magnesium supplements. BTW, 6 lbs. each of the last 2 weeks is absolutely awesome. The first time I did Atkins, I lost 8 the first week, 6 the second week. I don't know yet how this week will turn out. My clothes are getting a little looser, but I feel like every muscle in my body is tight and retaining some water, so it may be a few weeks before I start seeing some actual lbs. lost.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #19  

Today is actually Day seven for me. I WI tomorrow. I think it will be good. I'd like to hear about your "numbers," Jersey Girl. I asked my doctor to test my blood sugar last spring, but didn't get the results. I take that to mean it's within the normal range. I wish now that I had insisted on knowing the actual number.
I take Potassium and Calcium all the time except when I forget which is actually pretty often. I was told to take it for leg cramps years ago and it seems to help with that. I didn't realize it might have other purposes. Gotta run, lunch meeting. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:57 PM   #20  

Weight loss #s? I think 3-4lbs a week.

My blood sugar #s? I had to insist on them from the doc (they're at home though so I can't post them right now). They were elevated (why am I thinking 115? don't quote me on that) but not diabetic, just a cause for concern and a watchful eye. I very much believe that I was insulin resistant and that's why I couldn't lose on anything but low carb. And as you know if you're heavy you up the ante to be pre and full on diabetic.

My cholesterol was absolutely healthy and perfect, thank God.
JerseyGirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #21  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya LC'ers - and WB laura! How was the vacay? Just returned to work for my first "full" week this week and already ready for ANOTHER Holiday! LOL! Brutal. Just Brutal. AND so much tragedy . . . seems like everytime we're off - we come back to bad news:

---co-worker committed suicide - by STABBING HIMSELF in the stomach.

---One of the big bosses diagnosed with Stage IV pancreatic cancer

---Head Nurse died Friday - get this: of E COLI!

Going to her wake tonight - just an awfulawful death and so mysterious - never have found out where she got it - what ultimately caused her death -lily I'm sure you're familiar with this: SUPER BUG that hospitals have . . . may have beat the E Coli but not the infections from prolonged hospitlaization.49 yrs old-perfect health. Just sick about it and all of it . . . but determined not to go on a emotional binge - emotions & moderation are problems for me too, lynn.

Would rather be angry than sad . . . give me directions to your neighbors' pit bull lily!!!!!!

lynn & jg69 - my whole family is blessed with lowlow cholesterol - 'cept me! I've posted my numbers b4 - but LC/Atkins has made ASTRONOMICAL differences in all the good ways . . . I try to do a test every 3-6 months.

robin, just gotta agree that you are a MACHINE! Good luck with the buffets! Haven't got my chromium supps yet (took them the first LC go round per Atkins) - when I do gonna pick up some potassium . . . don't really ever have "blah's" on Induction - but am swilling enuf water to drown a rat - so can't hurt, right?

WHERE IS OUR BEACHIE???????????????????
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #22  
lilybelle

Aud, that sounds like a horrible mess that you came back to. Yes, I am aware of the SuperBug stuff that hospitals have. This is one reason that my Dr.'s refuse to let me work as a nurse again. The last time I had pneumonia, I was working as an RN. 6 weeks in ICU and most of that time on a vent, I realized the only way I was gonna stay alive was to go HOME. Being there kept me even sicker. It took me at least a full yr. to recover!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #23  
beachbum

I'm here AUD I just had a busy day, overslept,after going to the restroom at 4:26 AM. Leo than wanted to get to the Junk yard before our permit runs out at the end of Jan.We had 4 garbage bags of clothes and broken items to dump.Plus a broken printer & vac broom.

Than on to the supermarket to pick up some L/C foods,as I starting Low Carbing this morning.Did good watching my portion sizes yesterday,now if this could continue I'll be reaching for the brass ring,on the merry go round,and hopefully reach for my goal.

ROBIN-That amazing 6 lbs per week BIG CONGRATS TO YOU I didn't know that you need potassium when on a low carb diet,maybe my electrolytes are out of wack also. I'm going to the healthy food store and look into this..

LILY-I can't believe they can't do anything about the bit bull.You have rights as a citizen. If the local law doesn't apply that maybe the state is who you should contract. Glad that your dog is do fine now,but what if it was your grandchild.Those dogs shouldn't have been bred.Happy to read in your next post that your DH ids going to do do something.

LYNN-Good Luck on your W-I tomorrow I w-i also. Have one idea what my scale will read,as I just started L/C today.

Jersey Girl-Big congrats on your 3=4 lbs off. I hope I will see results like that on Wed.

AUD-Thats terrible to have 3 tragedy's in a row when coming back to work. I had the same 3 deaths in my choir before Christmas and the last when I returned home from the holidays. Sending some [[[[healing vibes]]]]] your way.

Have to go,have a nice evening

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

If you have never tired Linda's Low Carb Lasagna Stuffed Pepper recipe, you need to try it ASAP. Got them ready last night so all we had to do was bake tonight. OMG delish!!

Also, Lily, if you haven't already, you should have those people on notice that the dog is vicious. It's not the dog, it's the way it was raised. I have 2 rottweiler's that your grandbaby could RIDE with no problems. It's like rotten little kids, it's the parents fault if they weren't taught to behave!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-08-2008 at 07:04 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #25  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

A fresh new day What are you going to do today that makes you feel absolutely wonderful?
I am going to go home early from work today, take a hot steamy shower with my nice smelling shower wash, do up my hair, make it super curly, get dressed up in my black and red business suit, then I am going to put on my new sexy boots Then.......Im off to a networking meeting with a bunch of women Keep your fingers crossed hubby will like all the red, black and sexy boots when I get home. He wont see me before I leave.

About the meeting, I had reserved roast beef, but I havent a clue what else is being served with it. I should be ok. I stocked up my lunch today, and I'll have a boiled egg before I go. That should keep the sexy foods at bay!

Oh, and Im going to get my workout in before my shower!!

Things are picking up at the shop, lots of calls the last couple days for shirts, and signs. Wonderful!!! Im very grateful for every single one of them that call and come in. It is another opportunity to show them what we do.

Lily~ this issue with the neighbours dog is terrible. I know that I would not be nice at all about it, and I fully agree with your husband and his reaction. Stuff like that just isnt right.

Have a great day ladies!!

Last edited by RobinW; 01-09-2008 at 10:55 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #26  

What are you going to do today that makes you feel absolutely wonderful?

Well, training accomplished that for me. Totally got my *** kicked, paid for it and loved every second of it.

Re: dog issues...I agree it's about the "parents". My neighbor and I both have pugs. A neighbor down the street has 2 Great Danes. A month ago, one broke free from its leash and went after the neighbor pug, wrapped it's jaw around the dog, shook it furiously. The pug survived but is not the same.

I told neighbors to beware.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #27  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Was suppose to go to BJ's to buy our bulking items but Leo isn't feeling well,so we going on Friday instead.

W-I was this morning and I maintained.I guess with all the meds & was taking the scale didn't budge.I wasn't 100% on the diet either,so I guess I was lucky that I didn't have a gain.I started to get serious Yesterday and so heres to Next Wed.

Mothermavis-Thanks for letting us know about the lasagna from Linda's web site. Going to try it next wee,as I have my food journal planned until this Sat.

ROBIN-Your opening statement reminded me of the biggest loser show.Good luck at your meeting.Roast beef is good and if you want bread with it the [[Revolution roll]] I love them and wouldn't be able to live without them.Or roast beef roll up with pickle inside are one of my favorites.

JerseyGirl69-That wonderful that your joined and continued going there.Never went to a gym and I don't think I would waste my money because several of my friends paid so much money to join and then they never went to use the equipment. I have a bike and exercising types to keep me going.

Have a great morning

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 01-09-2008 at 01:21 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #28  
lilybelle

mothermavis, I agree that it is about the training of the animal. This owner hits the dog to control him. I only wonder, God forbid , how long it will be before it turns on her or one of her kids (ages 8 months, 2 yrs., and 8 yrs. old). I feel they have taught this dog to be so aggressive. I don't for a minute trust it. Her husband works out of state and is rarely home. My DH did get a chance to talk to him and told him we refuse to be scared and threatened by their dog anymore. He let him know that he has talked to the police and they told my DH to "take whatever measure is necessary to protect our family". They agreed to keep the dog confined on a leash when they take it outside, even for it's bathroom break. I'm not sure how this will go. The dog is stronger than the woman and usually is able to break free from her.

Robin, it sounds like you have an awesome plan for today. I bet your DH will love your new look. WTG for pampering yourself!

Jersey, I have some friends from Rhode Island that had 2 Great Danes. They were so sweet and awesome. But, also some of step-dad's family had 2 of them that I was absolutely terrified of. My BIL used to have a Pit Bull that was never a problem, but as soon as they bought a house in a metro. area and went out of town for 1 day, the neighbors somehow "got rid of it".

Ladies, I'm taking the day off from the gym (maybe). My ribcage and shoulders are so sore that it is keeping me awake trying to find a comfy position to lie down. Ouch!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #29  

Not a waste of money for me, BeachBum. I joined in July because it was opening right by my job. Though the job didn't last, the gym did. I found having to go to the gym was like making an appointment with myself. Plus, having access to more than I have at home is great. It's also a social outlet I need. And then the whole--working out harder than I ever did on my own has made a difference. Personally, I need the environment. I'll keep my gym equipment at home for days I can't get there, but they're not getting much use.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #30  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hmmmm . . . what am I gonna do? No sexiness for me today . . . altho' I think I will use some of the Yumalicious Body Lotion I got for Christmas/Birthday . . . I think the main thing I need to do today is tackle some things I've been putting off for far too long - office work etc. Feeling of accomplishment will be the goal - tx for the idea robin!

Oh that's right lily . . . I think I knew that you'd been horribly sick when you had to give up hospital nursing - so awful & scary! Think I've told you about my older bro who had pneumonia and got staph & then super staph - recovered but damaged.

No time to hunt up the Peppers, mmavis but putting on my To Do List . . . going to work early today but going to plan a day to get some of these wonderful recipes prepped & at the ready. Planning is so key for LC.

I DO remember when your fellow choir members passed in a row beachie . . . so sad . . . the wake last nite was just pure awful . . . a tragedy. I'm hanging in there . . . what else can we do?

Shout Outs to laura, jg69 & lynn . . . enjoy reading your Posts when I get in late at night . . . Have a Great Hump Day Everyone - ttyal!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote