Old 05-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #1  

Default Anyone looking for a buddy for a daily check-in?

I just started back on Atkins and would love a buddy to discuss everything with daily. I definitely need an encouraging partner that is working as hard as I am to lose this weight!

Today is "Day 2" for me. I'm doing well - no headaches. A little dazed but for me, that's a good thing. Tomorrow I'm off on a day business trip so I know travelling will be hard to stick to a good diet. Yucky airport food. It's only for a day -- anyone have any good tips on how I should attack this? Should I bring my own snacks?
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I wish you the best of luck. I plan on hitting it hard but I can not post daily. once or twice a week when i start up working again willb e my limit. (monday)
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #3  

I usually check in daily and I seem to be about where you are. I took a break from Atkins while on vacation for a couple of weeks and just restarted yesterday. It's tough getting back into the swing of things, isn't it? When I'm stuck somewhere with limited low carb food like that, I usually settle for a fast food cheeseburger and throw away the bun. It's not great by any means, but it works! Good luck!

-Natalie
Natalie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #4  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

There are a few of us that post daily on the weekly chat threads, I find that keeps me motivated. You are welcome to join us there. traveling a lot makes it harder , but its doable , I think you should bring as many of your own snacks as you can. Good luck and keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 PM   #5  

Hi everyone!

Well I did well yesterday on my trip. I can't believe it actually. At the offices we travelled to they ordered in deli sandwiches -- I grabbed a BLT with Turkey wrap and ate the insides only. It was delicious! And I finally got off caffine for the first time yesterday and didn't even get a headache -- so strange! Maybe I thought I was more addicted to it than I am.

I did a lot of walking -- walking through those airports! Ha ha!

I drank my water and did have a caffine-free diet coke. Does anyone know if diet drinks like this can make you stall?

I told myself I wouldn't weight myself for the first two weeks. It was the kiss of death for me last time. I wanted to see big results fast last time and when I didn't, I gave up. I've heard it varies with people. Some people lose it gradually at first and others lose it faster. Is that right for many of you?

Last edited by Buffy0; 06-01-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #6  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi buffy , I'm glad your trip went well! Way to go staying OP . I save the diet drinks for treats and they seem to be ok for me, I think they do stall some people depending on how sensitive you are to the sweetner.
I lose 1-2 lbs a week most of the time, not super fast but pretty good. I think I lost about 7 lbs the first two weeks.
Keep it up!
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #7  

I lose pretty quickly during induction, but I make a point of being VERY strict about what I consume during these first two weeks. Before this diet, I drank sooo much soda and coffee. Eck! When I started the diet the first time, I just had to sneak a Coke Zero in. Then I drank nothing but water afterwards. After sticking to water for a little while, I completely lost all cravings for any kind of soda rather quickly. It also makes it much easier to finish my daily 64 oz. (I usuallly don't drink that much).

Since you're restarting too, have you found it harder than the first time to stick to low-carb foods? The beginning was a breeze for me last time, but I'm craving carbs so badly now!

Good luck ladies!

Natalie
Old 06-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I would love to be your diet buddy

Hi there....did you already find a diet buddy? I have just re-started my weight loss journey and our stats are very similar. I weighed in at 190 this morning and realized that it was time to stop my compulsive losing & gaining weight! I would like to reach 140 pounds. Let me know if you're still seeking a buddy.
Thanks!
BJ
travelchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #9  

Hi travelchick, Nathalie and everyone!

OK -- this past weekend was my birthday...I stayed on induction great for the first week. I weighed myself at the end of the first week and the scale did not budge?!! Then yesterday for my birthday I cheated a bit...so I got on the scale this morning -- scared of course because I cheated and I lost 2 pounds. What gives?

I think I'm stalling somehow on induction. I must be doing something wrong not to lose anything. I did keep drinking 1/2 cup of coffee in the morning. Perhaps I should lose that altogether?? I feel like I've failed again!
Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #10  

Ok it's me again! I think I know what I did wrong. I finally found my Atkins book -- New Diet Revolution. And I was eating some "not so good" veggies that aren't on the ok list for induction. So I think I found my own culprit! YIKES! That will show me to read this book again. So today I'll continue eating good and tomorrow will be another day for me to re-begin my induction into the diet again.

**Sigh**

Has anyone made a mistake like this before?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #11  

Hey Buffy, Happy Birthday! It's funny how things happen like that. I totally cheated yesterday. My boyfriend brought some chocolate home and I kept sneaking little bites of it ALL DAY LONG! I was afraid to step onto the scale too, but it turns out that I had lost 2 pounds today. Pretty crazy. I'm having trouble staying away from the sweets this time. I think I'll just stay on induction a little longer.

I hope eliminating some of those veggies helps! Make sure to drink all 64 oz. of water each day too. I know stalled when I wasn't drinking enough. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #12  

Hi Natalie.

Thank you for the birthday wish!

Good for you on the 2 pounds! That's great! Today I restarted induction and it's a little harder than the first time around. Last week I made the mistake of eating carrots and celery on induction - I guess those are no-no's. Luckily I didn't GAIN weight -- and even better, I feel like I got my body ready for this diet this time by doing that for a week. The little break didn't help -- I too ate some chocolate yesterday evening so I'm right there with you!

Today I'm doing good -- so far so good. No caffine either -- I drank decaf coffee today. Hopefully this does the trick. I'm going to try and wait another week before I weigh myself again. I'd also like to get myself to the gym this week! I haven't worked out in 3 weeks!!! Eek!

Hope your week is going great!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #13  

It IS so hard to get back on induction! Besides the chocolate I think I'm about getting used to it now. I will admit to sneaking bites of off plan food now and then, but the weight seems to still be coming off, so hey...

I hope cutting the caffeine is working for you! I had a total caffeine addiction before the first round of my diet also. I should probably get back to the gym too. I've stopped going since I've been painting the hallway in my house. It's hard work! But the gym is probably a good idea.

It's great that you can wait a week to weigh yourself. I am sort of an obsessive weigher and I think I would feel better if I didn't weigh myself every single day...sometimes multiple times. It makes the short stalls seem soooo much longer!

Have a good day!

Natalie
Old 06-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #14  

Hi Natalie -

Sorry for the lag in response. The past few days have been great. I've lost 3 more pounds. I'm so happy! I got off track a bit over the weekend but not by much and I didn't add any weight -- I actually lost 1 pound over the weekend. And even though I said I would weigh myself weekly, I'm like you -- I like to weigh myself every day. I like to check on myself and I just can't wait to see where I am at. Also, I like it because if it's not moving, I can catch myself faster. After that first boo-boo of eating the wrong veggies, I don't want to do that again you know?

Hope you are doing well. I haven't been back to the gym but I did go on 2 really long brisk walks over the weekend. I'm even a bit sore today so that's a sign I got a good workout in. How are you keeping up? I hope you are doing well and had a great weekend!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:32 PM   #15  

Is anyone still there? I'm so excited! I'm down 5 pounds!

I'm feeling good -- although I've been getting lots of urges to eat bread or something of the like. I'm starting to miss it a bit. Also, I've cut out most of my caffine in-take. I'm drinking more tea now. No headaches -- just heartaches from missing some of my junkfood but I know it will pass.

Hope everyone is doing well!