Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 AM   #16  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Did good yesterday with all the out and about-ness. Finally made it home by about 4. Even dragged dh out with me to sams club! Made him stay home for the shoe shopping tho! Wow, do I know Im getting old?!?!?? Yup, I bought all Dr. Scholls gell cushioned major comfy shoes! They even had a runner that felt like I was walking on hard sponges. Oh! just so nice! Perfect for the shop. The other pair too...not really dress, but not runners either. So they will be good with either jeans or dress pants! Alright, enough about the shoes .

I didnt get my exercise in yesterday......was just too tired after a day of shopping. But I WILL get it in today.

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #17  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Starting induction AGAIN today after being off plan for a month.

SW: 250
CW: 162
GW: 155 ( baby steps )

Last edited by thinnythighs; 10-02-2007 at 05:53 PM.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:03 AM   #18  

Good morning!
Today's challenge is a business networking lunch. It's a limited menu but I'm hoping (really, really hoping) that they have a salad with grilled meat. Challenge #2- a five o'clock meeting. No food involved (I hope) but it means that dinner will be pretty late. I do have chicken in the crock pot though so as soon as I walk into my completely empty and extremely quiet house, I can start stuffing it into my mouth.
DH should be on his way home from the memorial services late today, but I think he'll spend the night somewhere. It's a pretty long drive. My little runner is at a meet until 9 or so. Last night the 20 Y.O. came in and surprised me. Turned out he wanted the rabbit ears that came with the little 9 inch t.v. we bought for long car rides. Evidently, the new apartment hasn't yet been hooked up to cable.
Kids today! Both of mine moved out of my house into apartment complexes that include washers/dryers/dishwashers. Each of them lucked into a roommate with rich parents who provided most of the furniture. I remember moving into my first apartment with mattresses on the floor-not only for sleeping, but also one for a couch. I didn't have a washer and dryer of my own until I was washing diapers and baby clothes. It took even longer to get a dishwasher. The 20 y.o. was shocked to find a stove and frig, but no microwave. He can't cook all his favorite convenience foods. I don't think he realizes that you can open up a can of Chef Boy-R-Dee and put it into a pan on the stove. I'm sure they'll have a micowave by the time the cable company shows up!!
So I was good last night (Hurrah) but I did eat more protein then I actually needed. But I stayed low carb! and out of the liquor cabinet!! I need to find time to exercise today, but it's not easy to fit in (boo!) Thanks for the welcome. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #19  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We have a beautiful brisk day,and Leo feels like walking along the beach.So we will attempt to do so, even if the wind is blowing. Wish us luck its not too windy down there.

Today is my last day on the anti-bionics,Happy about that now I can have my milk with tea and yogurts for snacks,and the most important my calcium pills. The pills I was on didn't allow you to have any calcium or antacids.

AZURE-You don't give up, your determined
to get to you goal come or hot water.That why your my inspiration. Would like to go on some long term challenge,but I would fail & give up,so I doing it month by month instead.

FitThanks,I hope so, that I lose the pounds. I've been working on this for a long time 17 yrs.Doctor still can't figure out why I can't lose being on a healthy eating plan.

ROBIN-I ware Dr. Scholl's shoes,they are the only ones I can wear that are comfy for being on your feet all day. Try them.

Thinny-Good Luck :luck: on your induction,your lose again.

Have to go, will post later

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #20  
On a De-fluffing Quest

S/C/G: 250/c sig/160

Height: 5'5"

Thinny... I was about where you are about 3 years ago (went from 240 to 170 on Atkins) and I had some upsetting things happen in my life, went off plan, and gained almost all of it back (save for 6 lbs). Good on ya for getting back on plan before you do what I did! You only have a little further to go... you can do it!

Azure... thanks for the reassurance about the bloat, I've got 5 lbs of it gone already after one day being 100% on plan. Also, I got my monthly visitor today which should go along with losing my PMS bloat. Hopefully I'll be back at my ticker weight tomorrow so I won't feel like I"m lying...

Robin... I didn't get my exercise in yesterday either, I was too busy cleaning house. That counts for something right? LOL, I better get off my butt if I'm gonna get 1000 min in this month!

aud... and others... I hear ya about having a bad week last week. For me, PMS is really the hardest time. The cravings for ice cream are overwhelming. It seems like I need to be more established on induction before I can survive PMS I wonder if the bad week had anything to do with the Full moon occuring last week? Hmmm......

Jerseygrl... thanks for that link. I put it in my favorites so I can keep referring to it while I train myself to eat only the induction foods.

Lynnar... You are new right? I couldn't quite tell because I'm relatively new myself. Glad to have you aboard.

FitnTime.... Man do I know about Alcohol, it is always the harbinger of severe off-planness for me. Even if I only have a little bit. I think there's something about Alcohol that sets off carb/sugar cravings. And we're so used to just going about our days with no cravings while on Atkins, hard to resist sudden severe cravings on top of a buzz.

Everyone else... Ready for a great start in October??!!!!

Oh and P.S.... On most boards I'm known as Fluffs or Fluffy... and other variations of that. But call me what ever you like... MF...

Last edited by MissyFluffs; 10-02-2007 at 10:50 AM.
MissyFluffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #21  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hmmmmmmm . . . the full moon??? I like it . . . I'm going with that . . . *buying Farmers Almanac to prepare for the NEXT one!*

I actually DO kind of believe in those things . . . can't blame PMS now that I haven't had a period in a year + . . . get the crazies at all different times now - sometimes minute to minute, MF!

Beachie - didja see my Post about Dr. Atkins Age Defying Book? It's a slow scientific read but lots of tips on aging healthy and has lots of things we talk about on here . . . . I'm not too far along in it but was thinking of you as I read - have you read it?

I have a 21 yr old and soon to be 10 yr old (daughters) lynnar - are you in Arkansas? I just stayed in Blytheville the other day, if so.

Shoe shopping IS exercise robin! I'm into comfort now myself . . . we have a "company" shoe store that sells American-Made Boots and Shoes . . . hard to find anywhere in public retail anymore - but superb products that are like walking on air!

Welcome thinnyT!

Off to work earlyearly today . . . determined to get more exercise in today - eating is Induction OP!

TTYAL!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #22  
beachbum

AUD-Yes I saw your post. I have The Age Defying Book by Atkins. My sister bought it for several years ago. I skimmed though the book and read several interesting chapters. I have The South Beach Heart Book and CAD's Dr Vanini Heart Diet Book also.Read the last 2 cover to cover. So I know what going on,when we age.

Wish they know the secret to weight loss.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-02-2007 at 03:12 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #23  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm back, and back to square 1. Had a fairly bad week food-wise. But I expected that, so moving on. Hope to re-lose that same 5lbs yet again, by the end of the week.
I had a good time with the familly though, and probably don't get to go out there again for a while, maybee Christmas if DH gets some time off then.

Just getting caught up with all the posts I missed. I hope everyone is doing well.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #24  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Glad to be back, but kinda scared that the Atkins diet won't work the second time around...and then what will i do?

Went from 250 all the way down to152 originally, but have been off plan and am back up to 162. If i stick with the plan, do you think it will work again?
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #25  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Punce! Welcome back, you've been missed!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #26  
Lovin' Life

It sure does count missyfluffs!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 PM   #27  
Cindy

Height: 5' 8"

Hi girls! I love reading all of your posts. Makes me feel less alone. Here's to a good week!
cldwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Question

So I had to travel on business today and I tried really really hard to stick to the diet... I had two salads today (lunch and dinner) - one was an antipasto so it had lots of meat in it. Is that okay?

The first salad had raw tuna (mMmmMMMmMMmmm!) so that had meat in it as well, but im afraid i surpassed my salad/lettuce limit for the day.

Did I screw up??? Will eating 2 salads in one day take me out of ketosis and mess everything up?
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 AM   #29  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawhitham View Post
Did I screw up??? Will eating 2 salads in one day take me out of ketosis and mess everything up?

Kraw....I'm just curious, have you read Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution? The reason I'm asking is because if you are doing Induction, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads. When we progress to OWL (On Going Weight Loss) the first thing we add is 5 more carbs from veggies. Veggies & salads are our friends!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 10-03-2007 at 09:09 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #30  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

I have a marketing seminar this afterrnoon, from 330-8pm. Right thru supper, and from what I understand we will be served drinks and hor dourves......but nothing about dinner. So I really dont know how Im going to make out. I will take a couple hard boiled eggs just in case, and some money for bottled water. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a great day ladies.