Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #46  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking Gonna Give it ANOTHER try

well ladies i am back again. I have tried everything else and I just keep coming back to you guys I have decided to quit messing around and finally finish this. I have set myself a mini goal of 20 lbs by my birthday which is totally achievable. I have till December 14. So keep me going with your support. I can do this. So many of you are such inspirations. I am going to re read the book to re fresh myself. I will try and read through the posts and catch up. My starting weight is currently 247.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #47  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, Hows everyone today ?

Welcome back ilovemike, Stick with us, your B-day goal is very acheivable!

Aud, House work is a great workout (one I rarely do). 2 of the 5 lbs I put on are gone already, I just can't help but be anoyed at haveing to lose the same lbs over and over. I have an axcersie ball, a cheap one, and I am too afraid to pop it to use it properly, also my balance is terible, but I suppose if I actualy used it it might get better. I'm so prepared to kick Octobers butt!

FIT, I'm glad the eliptical is working for you! Keep it up! I think I might try the L-carnitine. I read about it in the book and I tried the cromium , which he also recomends, but it made me nauseous and I had to quit taking it.

BB, I think the biggest meal at noon is a great idea! I always find I'm less hungry in the evening if I eat more, earlier in the day. Sending someback to you.

I also like to stay on induction level carbs, as I find I quit losing if I add many more, but it makes a difference for me if the extra carbs are from lc vegg, it doesn't stall me like it does if I add nuts or to many other carbs. I'm not a big fan of lettuce so mostly my salads consist of other veggies which doesnt seem to have slowed me down. I don't think cutting out veg to strictly would be healthy.

I hope everyone is doing great today!
I have a nasty cold and am craving some carby comfort foods. But resisting pretty well.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #48  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Punce!
Thanks again!
I hope you get better quick, that sucks being sick and trying to stick with your woe. But you know what, you can have chicken soup! If you are up to making some, that is if you like it.

I agree on the induction level carbs, that's what I try to do too. I feel safer eating those.

ilovemike! How are you!!

Gotta go finish dinner, having Lindas' Low Carb, Taco Bake, ohhh I highly recommend that!!!
Take Care!!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:52 AM   #49  

Hi all, starting atkins again tomorrow. i was on it 3 years ago and in 4 months loss 33 lbs. have kept it off and not gained. losing again now. i go for atkins plan in fall. easier for me and all. so good luck sounds like your all doing good. keep it up. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #50  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Welcome back Sandra....Im back myself after an extended ......well lets call it a vacation

Hello, to all the new folks

Well, I didnt make it thru the day yesterday. But I did have a lightblub moment. I detailed it in my blog if your interested. But in a nutshell, I need to get more sleep to help deal with everyday life and eating healthy.

Im off to get my food for the day packed up! Supper is already thawing, and the day is planned quite well. So it is going to be a successful day!

Have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #51  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its foggy out side all most like thick Pea soup but I going to take my chance and walk along the beach. I have been exercising but not down at the water and I miss the sea breezes and the salty air.

This afternoon I'm going to meet with my singing group to rehearse for one of our local nursing home recitals on Oct 16th.

Going to W-I tomorrow,yesterday I was up 2 lb today I down 2 lbs.,but the real test will be tomorrow.

KRAW,LYN & MISSY FLUFFS-The scale is just a tool for recording weight loss & gain. Don't let it get you down,[I should talk,ask my poor DH] I don't have TOM visiting me anymore but when he did I would jump 5 lbs up and than down again. That the the way womans body were created. You can't do too much about it. So eat the right foods watch the carb intake and you do fine.

FIT-Congrats on your weight loss.Its funny how you mentioned that you sweat at night. I do too,and I'm way over TOM.Even in a air conditioned room. Went to the docs and he told me I have some thing called Hperhidrosis a sweating ailment that just happens on the trunk of my body.He gave me some pills and now it gone. I not on meds anymore. I love Linda's web site, so many recipes to choose from and she gives the carb count.

ilovemike-Welcome :welcome1: back. Its great to see familiar faces again. Wish Lily would come back.Oh by all means you'll be down by then. We'll all support you and I'm sending some your way.

Puncezilla-Thanks for you're encouragement. The nurse to my DH and this is the second week we're trying it. Your right I don't feel as hungry anymore. Hope I will continue to succeed in this way of eating. I try to keep my starchy carbs to once a day,and preferably in the early meal,so to burn the carbs. Thanks for the .Salads don't have to have lettuce in them veggies of all sorts can be used instead. Right now I'm SICK of salads so I'm eating homemade veggie soup. Sorry you're mot feeling well Get better soon.

LaDEAN-Welcome to the thread. WOW!! You're doing fantastic, losing 33 lbs and keeping it off for so long.Glad you're here with us and give is some pointers of how to keep it off.

ROBIN-Sorry about your day,but glad to here you have a plan. That will make you suceed. Where can we see your blog??????

Have to go, will check in later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 10-05-2007 at 10:25 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #52  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

the link is in my signature BB
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:31 AM   #53  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Thanks BB!

I also sweat really bad when I'm under pressure and when I get nervous and it all comes from my head!
I can sweat as good as any man! LOL

Hi to every single one of you Ladies!!!!
Sorry I can't say an individual hello, I'm here and there today at work.
Keep up the good work all!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #54  

Morning,
I just wanted to report a small victory. I guess the reason I like Atkins is the lessening of cravings. I was at a meeting last night from 5:15 to 8:15 and dinner was provided in the form of sandwiches and chips. It wasn't a place where I could bring my little lunch box which was filled with left over chicken thighs. In the past when I was doing a low cal diet or Weight Watchers, I would sit and obsess about the sandwiches and listen to to my stomach growl. I was always hungry and I would reach a point where I just couldn't concentrate on anything but the forbidden sandwich. Eventually, I would cave and start stuffing one into my mouth. Now, I'm not starving all the time and the carvings are gone. I was able to sit at the table and concentrate on what I was doing and wasn't very tempted by the sandwiches. When the meeting was over, I ate my chicken and it was fine.

This is just me, but I find boring food is the right thing for me. It's easier not to make all the decisions. I did Weight Watchers (unsuccessfully) for years and the constant, "I can eat this, if I don't eat this" or "I can eat this if I use the fat free sour cream" got to be too much. Even then I would eat the same breakfast every morning so I didn't have to think about it. Now I eat the same breakfast (sausage patties and yes, I checked the label for carbs), the same lunch most days (salad with grilled chicken) and often the same dinner for two or three days at a time, like the crock pot chicken thighs. The less I think about food, the better off I am. That's why I think I can stay on induction for an extended time. Of course, everyone is different and it's very possible that after I finish bragging about my food choices, I'll go bonkers and start eating everything in sight tonight. Hmmm, what is in sight right now. Good thing I'm at work! Thanks for letting me post this. Lynn
lynnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #55  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Hi ladies I hope that everyone is doing great today. I have set myself to start on Monday cause I wont be able to get any grocery shopping done until then. Dont worry this is not a stall. I am just working 2 jobs and well I am on my way right now to job #2 so I will catch you guys later. Hope everyone has a good day.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #56  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

ladean & ilovemike! I remember you ilmike, 'cause that's my DH's name - the "4always" part has come into question lately here tho'!

Have enjoyed catching up and reading along to everyone's Posts . . . can just relate soooo much puncie/fittie/lynnar & BBeachie!

I fall into the category of never having been stalled by cruciferous/non starchy vegetables/salads. Recently, I have been using straight olive oil as a dressing (salt 'n peppa too.) Mainly 'cause I just like the taste. I also fall into the category of falling to the wayside when I don't plan for this wol, ya know?

Let's take the last 24 hrs as an example - manned the Contract Ratification Polls (brief recap of ME: I'm an elected union official recently returned from strike - just got a call that our local voted the tentative agreement DOWN - so far the only local in the U.S. to do so!) Anyhoo . . . didn't plan for these long hours much so yes, I again ate A GALAXY of OffPlan CRAP!

Funny thing is . . . as I continue to Post Along here with y'all . . . (and my profuse apologies to anyone who is sick of me falling on and off the LC Wagon!) . . . I've been able to pick myself right back up and Carry On My Wayward Son, ya know?

This is HUGE for me . . . there was a time that I'd beat myself up so bad that I would just vanish and go on a Carb Loading Comfort Food Binge that could last for days/weeks/months/years/forEVAH . . . I've maintained my latest loss quite well by coming here almost daily . . . keeping up the exercise no matter how nuts my eating is and pounding me some water irregardless, ya know?

Tx for the support Everybody . . . and for being here!

27 DAYS LEFT IN OCTOBER . . . I REPEAT 27 DAYS TO ROCK ON WITH OUR BAD SELVES!!!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #57  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, didn't mean to desert the group. I was very busy last week with my DH being home from work. Got in a lot of good fishing, ball games, Karaoke and such. I babysat my 3 yr. old and 1 yr. old grandsons the past 2 days, so couldn't get on the computer (gotta watch them every second). I did have a flood in one bathroom, the laundry room, my bedroom and the kitchen. An empty box of babywipes next to the commode was the culprit. So, pretty exciting week around here.

I think I'm finally over being sick, so need to get back to exercising more. Was planning to join a gym this week with my friend but she said she has to wait a week due to the expense.

I'm trying hard now to back to low-carb eating. My cravings are getting better and I should be good today.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #58  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Stepping away from Atkins...it sounds scary. Here's why I'm going to give it a try.

I got Jillian Michaels' book Making the Cut in the mail and I've been reading it. In the beginning, she has a "quiz" to find out what sort of oxidizer you are (in other words, how different foods affect you). I'm a fast oxidizer, which means that carbs make me hungry fast, proteins/fats make me feel good--sound familiar? It says in the book that fast oxidizers are people who've had good success in the past with Atkins. I'd agree with that. She recommends a ratio of 30% fat, 30% carbs and 40% protein as a macronutrient breakdown. That's WAY more than I'm getting right now. She says your RMR/BMR should be your daily calorie number to shoot for, so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. That's about 1500 calories for me.

On those many calories, my macros are: 450 calories (50 grams) from fat, 450 calories (112 grams) from carbs and 600 calories (150 grams) from protein. She does say that the carbs should come MOSTly from low-glycemic (non-starchy) vegetables. The book does say that occasionally, berries or an apple (as long as they're paired with protein) are okay, she also recommends nuts and sprouted-grain bread (occasionally). All-in-all, it sounds pretty healthy.

The idea of adding so many carbs back in is, on the one hand, very scary for me. On the other hand, she says VERY clearly to stay away from anything processed, refined, sugary or starchy--so it's not TOO far from Atkins on that point.

What made me decide for sure was when I went off track a week ago and gained 10 pounds. I'm willing to bet that some of that is actual fat (maybe 3-4 pounds worth...I really went overboard), but I know that the rest is likely glycogen/water. This gets me frustrated. probably 8 pounds of my "weight loss" isn't fat at all...and every time I eat too many carbs, it throws my numbers off and it's a really mental head game for me.

I'm going to try it Jillian Michaels' way for a month or so and see how it goes. I'm willing to accept that the numbers on the scale are NOT going to be back down to 153 any time soon...because I'll have my glycogen/water back. But at least I'll be sure when the scales DO creep downward, that it's actual fat.

I don't think that her suggested macronutrient ratio makes the diet I'm going to be following starting Monday "Low Carb" anymore, but I wanted to let you ladies know that I'm still going to be checking in with you all regularly. Because you're my family--you keep me going and inspire me. I feel most at home with this particular group of ladies, so I hope you don't mind that I'll still be around?

--Kim (Azure)
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #59  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Saw your Post over at TBL, azzie & came over here to Our LC Family Thread to see if you were here - (Hiya lilyb! - been missing ya much!)

Tweak away Dear Az! Just so glad that you already said you'd be checking in here too.

When I saw your TBL Post about Jillian and the ratio's was just gonna say that if memory serves - my take on Atkins ND Revolution - the depletion of the gycogen stores are what turns us into FAT BURNING MACHINES? . . . . kicks up the metabolism to burn the fat even while we are asleep etc???

So yeah, I see where it could be troubling you that part of the #'s on the scale after a binge and then a loss could just be the glycogen/water retention . . . but losing that is integral to ketosis and constant burning off true fat.

That's my take/memory of the science of Atkins . . . thinking. Our Successful JerseyGirl or lilyB may have it down better than me.

You know I'm here for ya whatever the woe/wol may be azzie!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM   #60  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Thanks, Aud. I do know about being in ketosis and how it's supposed to turn you into a fat burning machine That is what Dr. Atkins suggests! I'm not going to deny that I've lost fat while on Atkins, too...but because I've yo-yoed so much on it, I feel like I've spent most of my time while on Atkins gaining and re-losing glycogen and I've spent very little time in ketosis.

I'm not saying that Atkins doesn't work. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm a failure every time I have a bad day and step on the scale to see I've gained 8 pounds... I'm working on my "staying on plan"ness--So far my 12-week program is a success! I just feel like I'm going to switch up what I'm doing and see what happens.

112 grams of carbs sounds scary... But that's TOTAL carbs, not net carbs. So long as I stick to high-fiber options for veggies, fruits, etc, I think I'll be just fine. So I'm hoping.

I'll let you know how it's going. If in a month I don't see progress, I'll have to try something else again.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote