3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   LOW CARB CHAT! CHAT! 9/17 thru 9/23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/123007-low-carb-chat-chat-9-17-thru-9-23-a.html)

Puncezilla 09-22-2007 01:12 PM

HI, fellow Losers!
How's everyone doing?

Bouncie, Congrats on your loss! keep it up, you're doing great!

BB, I agree with what Azz and Lily said about those nutritional guidelines. That kind of a diet may work for some people but sure doesn't work for me.
We are all different and I don't think any kind of generalized plan like that is going to work for everyone. It may work for you, you just have to keep trying till you find something that does.

:wave:Hi Robin, Nice to see you posting, even just a quick hello to let us know your still here.

coolchang, welcome! I try to drink 4 bottles of water a day (500ml each) But usualy only manage to get through 3. I do find I lose better if I get all my water down.

I'm still OP. getting ready for my trip, leaving tomorrow so may not be on again for a while.

Have a great weekend everyone!

beach bum 09-22-2007 02:35 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Didn't do to good on my W-I this morning. I'm up 2 lbs.from last week I know I should change my ticker ,but hopefully its just water as I had a high sodium dish yesterday. I just can't quit having salty stuff. Doctor told me that I crave salt more than sweets being on a low carb diet so long. Now I'm going to wean myself off the low carb and start eat moderate carbs.

No Golf this weekend,Leo's watching a football game instead. So I decided to do some cooking.

I'm making the HEART SOUP[VEGGIE] for next week. Leo & I are going to do something new in our life's,I think I reported to you in an earlier post.We going to have dinner around 2PM and have supper in the evening. Hoping to get our metabolism moving again.So its going to be soup and sandwich or some other item at supper time.We both feel like we're not getting anywhere on the scale.

Azure-Maybe your right about the carbs,I thought the 188 carbs was a bit high also,that why I questioned it. Not going to follow that chart except for the 1400 cal count. My doctor told me to try to have a calorie intake around 1400 if the 1600 was too high.Oh to be 156 again, I used to complain to my doctor when I was that weight. Now I'm 10 lbs heaver.

Lily-Don't know what to do to get this weight down.Spoke to the doctor about some weight calculators that I bookmarked on my computer. Telling him that I added more calories[1600] as they recommended adding more calories for my height,weight & gender. Lost 2 lbs by doing this,but now I back to SQUARE ONE again as I gained the 2 pounds back. He suggested to try to find my balance,and I should try 1400 per day,and see what happens.

CoolChange:welcome: to the thread & board. Congrats :carrot: on your 3 lb weight loss.

Puncezilla-Its not a diet,it just a nutritional guideline suggesting that for my weight height & gender I should use to lose weight. I still Beaching along with low carbing. Punce,I have been gaining for no reason at all, my doctor is going to check my thyroid & insulin again from the blood work I had on Thursday.Waiting to hear the results.Have a wonderful time on your trip.

Have a nice day & evening

Hugs :) BB

Azure 09-22-2007 03:39 PM

Punce and Diana-- Thanks for sending your thoughts out to me, I've been almost mentally and emotionally pouting since my carb binge on Monday--and then I doubled up on my intense cardio classes (2 hours straight!), taking Cardio Kickboxking, then a Step and Sculpt class on Tuesday. I felt awesome about it afterward, and wasn't too sore on Wednesday, but Thursday I was VERY sore. I haven't exercised since this week--I couldn't have handled doing the cardio kickboxing class on Thursday night.

I've decided I'm going to try and do weights and HIIT on Mondays and Wednesdays, just Cardio kickboxing on Tuesdays, then do the double-up with Cardio Kick/Step and Sculpt on Thursday nights. If I double up Thursday nights, then I can do something easy like a walk on Fridays, and spend two days being miserably sore over the weekend ;)

One more day until my "official" weigh in. I was actually 153 today! So I am making progress, in spite of my indiscretions this week (carb blowout Monday and only getting in 120 minutes of exercise this week...). Guess being On Plan otherwise has helped!

I'll be checking in more often now that I feel like I'm finally coming out of my slump! Love to you girls!

aud 09-22-2007 04:02 PM

Well my lil OffPlan train wreck has me stalled . . . but tx to my new exercise hero azzie . . . I'm back from an AWESOME WORK-Out at the Y! Hit it Dancin' C::carrot:

:carrot:

Not quite Cardio KickBoxin' . . . but this ole gal was drenched in sweat for 2 hours!!! EFX & weights. Almost finished a book on tape (The 11th Commandment - CIA gone wrong) and almost didn't make it to my car that I had parked A MILE AWAY! DANCE WITH ME you tall handsome & orange DEVIL!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Headed for some kind of Autumn Festival in our quaint downtown (killed by The Big Boxes) . . . more walk walk walking . . .

Catch up with you all later . . .

Let me see him one more time?

Azure 09-22-2007 04:11 PM

I love you, Auddie :)

carolr3639 09-22-2007 07:39 PM

Lily, Are you back on lc now? I decided to try it again for a few days and it sure makes you feel better. It's really hard for me to stick with, however.

RobinW 09-22-2007 10:20 PM

thanks punce :)

lilybelle 09-23-2007 10:36 AM

carol, my Dr. told me to do SB diet because of my insulin level problem and he wants me to use it for maintenance. The main thing I'm noticing with SBD is that with all the beans I can eat, I'm not having the tummy problems that I had with Atkins. But, I'm still staying really low-carb. No potatoes, no rice, no bread, no flour, no sugar,no pasta, and other than beans no starchy veggies. It seems to suit my tummy pretty well. My meat choices are however lower in fat than I used with Atkins.

BB, you might want to give the 1400 cal's a try. Those calculator things just don't work.

I sure need to get to moving again. Hoping by tonite that I feel up to exercise again.

beach bum 09-23-2007 01:20 PM

Hi Ladies:)

No Big Golf Game today so I do have time to post to your guys. DH is watching foot ball,and won't be wanting the computer.What a beautiful autumn day we have up here,going to go outside and sit on the patio and read the newspaper.

Lily-Thanks Your probably right,Started my 1400 calorie per day week,today and calculating all my meal at fitday. I'm was thinking that its going to drive me crazy,counting all the numbers using those nutritional calculators.

Azure-You're do fantastic with the cardio & kick boxing.I think I have to up my exercising also,as you can see on my exercising log on the sticky I'm walking with weights.Have to get more done in that dept.

Have a great day,

Bouncing 09-23-2007 02:37 PM

Hi guys. Welcome, Cool! I've done a lotta diets/support groups, and this place is the best I have ever seen: so many winners in one place, and people who have kept it off, and one of the most amazing things I've gained is the ability to look at a slip as just an oops after which I go immediately back on plan, rather than an Oh-My-God-I'm-Doomed-So-I-May-As-Well-Go-Ahead-And-Eath-The-World-Now scenario. This is such an essential skill, I think long-term maintenance may be impossible without it. I never had that ability before. If I ate something not on plan, I'd go all DramaQueen and give up. Now, my binges are teeny: a few carbs over my self-defined limit one day, instead of a homemade pound cake, a bag of chips, a pkg of oreos, a medium size bag of M&M's and two peanut butter sandwiches on thick-sliced homemade bread, followed tomorrow by everything I didn't think of today. If I go completely nuts, I may eat 25 too many carbs -- not hundreds and hundreds! This is a good place to be, and will definitely change your life if you let it.

carolr3639 09-24-2007 09:55 AM

Does anyone see a lessening of appetite with low carb? I've read that somewhere. Something to do with ketosis. Lily, how do you fix the beans? I've never been a bean eater except maybe baked beans and they have so much sugar in them. I don't even eat them very often.

MissyFluffs 09-24-2007 11:35 AM

Bouncie... Your post was exactly what I needed this morning! I'm feeling rather bad about myself because I had some beers last night, and then started making really bad decisions. Splurged on a pint of Ben & Jerry's!!!! OH the HORROR!

I went ahead and put everything I ate on my fitday journal. In the past, I think I would have just gotten mad at myself and gave up... turning into a several day binge. But seeing it all on fitday really helped me gain some perspective. Yesterday looks bad bad bad, not just from beer and icecream, but had a buffet breakfast as well. But I see that for the week I'm still at a more calories burned vs. eaten ratio, and I can still make my goals for the month if I don't give up now.

I have to say, in the past a litttle fall back like this might have turned into a week fall-back due to "giving up", but you gals really have encouraged me. Thanks so much!

Perhaps if I feel like having a beer in the future, I should make someone babysit me and not allow me to follow it with a pint of icecream! Lesson learned!

carol... I definitely notice a lessening of appetite on low carb diets. I've done calorie counting too. Found that eating high fats (no franken-trans fats!) lessens my appetite even more. I'll eat to my fill on a calorie ratio of 50% fat, 20% carbs, 30% protein, and end up eating only 1200 to 1600 calories without being hungry even once during the day.

beach bum 09-24-2007 11:50 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Woke up late again not feeling well, noting bad just one of those common colds.LOST 1-lb from the high sodium dinner I had the other day. Now for the scale to go down again,famous last words. :D

Did manage to get my exercising:exercise: done while DH at the hospital doing his.Today we start eating our main :hun:meal at noon.One of the nurses told my DH thats its good idea to eat earlier in the day.This way you do go to bed with a full stomach. Wish us luck:goodluck: that it works for us.

Bouncing-Try to stop,giving up after a binge. We all have them,just go back to Program,and the worst thing is to beat :frypan:yourself up over it. Sending you some :dust: Hope it helps.

Carol-I definitely don't crave as much being on a low carb woe compared with other diets high in carbs,but that just me. Hope you find some more answers,as it would be interesting what other people say.

Have to go start dinner,will check in later,once the new thread pops up.

shrl 09-26-2007 10:01 AM

Going back to low carb, only way I can seem to lose and keep bs's down, I would like to Join you all.
Ann

aud 09-26-2007 10:40 AM

Hi & :welcome3: shrl!

Each week we start a new LC Chat - come and join us here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=123529&page=2

PS: :wave: carol! I've experienced loss of appetite - hope you'll come up to this week's chat and ask lilyb for her bean recipes!:)