3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   LOW CARB CHAT! CHAT! 9/17 thru 9/23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/123007-low-carb-chat-chat-9-17-thru-9-23-a.html)

beach bum 09-18-2007 10:30 AM

Good Morning Ladies:)

Got all my house work done,and so I have time to relax. DH & I are going down to the beach to get our walking done. Its still chilly up here,but he wants to continue with his exercising. He doing great using the treadmill,bike & elliptical equipment at the hospital. His breathing is improving and on Oct 8th he'll have his throat stretched by my endoscopy doctor.He can't swallow as theres scar tissued from the radiation in his throat.He'll need you ladies to pray for him again. Hopefully that will work. As far as weight is concerned he has lost 2 lbs so far.

FitinTime- Don't put your scale in different positions. Find a well lit place for you scale and leave it there.I can't move mine as I have a doctor scale with a balance bean.If I moved it the bean wouldn't be balanced anymore.

Soon-Don't kick yourself for your weekend, we all fall into that situation and the only way back it to start OPing again.

DeeDee-After induction I think you can have some kind of sweet for dessert. There several low carb web sites that you can turn to to find your treat.one of them is http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html. I like recipes that she uses.Good luck and welcome.

Angihali-Welcome to the thread. All people lose differently.When I came to the Atkins I lost 2 lb and that I stalled also. But I came off the South Beach as I was stalling there. You'll lose but you have to be patient,after all you didn't gain it all that once either. I'm sorry it easy said than done. I'm still hanging in there,after 2 cruise gains,I atemping to lose what I gained. Just stay true Atkins.

Have to go

Hugs :) BB

FitinTime 09-18-2007 11:22 AM

Good Morning BB!

Prayers going your DH way, BB!! :hug:

Thanks for that scale tip, I had no idea about that. I've been moving it to keep out of the way, then moving it back out so I can use it.
I wonder if that's the problem with my scale staying in the same place? :chin:

Good Morning everyone!!!!!
Hope you're all doing good! :grouphug:

angihali 09-18-2007 12:02 PM

FitInTime I am over here with my husband, we both work as DOD contractors **not the ones who make all the money either, unfortunetly** for the military. I wish I had a bit more control over the food I eat at lunch. I try to stick to either hamburger patties, grilled chicken, baked pork roast, and the salad bar (I only have lettuce, a few cucumbers, a few sprigs of broccoli, with 2 carb blu cheese dressing or plain vinegar and oil if no LC dressings available). Today I had only a few cucumber slices and a cheeseburger patty. I was wondering to myself though as to whether or not the buger is 100% beef or if it is beef with soy in it. I'm sure some of the times it is all beef, but I kind of wondered today. If there is soy in the burgers, that would mean additional carbs. I can't really ask, because the TCN's do all the cooking and do not really understand english all that well. They are suppose to, but most of them do not. We went to dinner in Kuwait tonight and I stuck to the buffet and made only good choices ( romaine lettuce, spinach, egg, blu cheese, chedder cheese, a teaspoon of black olives, with olive oil and vinigar for dressing). I had with that lamb and grilled fish. As for as I can remember all that should be allowed on induction. I reordered a new copy of the Atkins book on amazon and should get it later this week. My copy is back in the states.

BB Thanks for the encouragement. I will hang in there. I will make this work for me. I'm finally fed up with once again being overweight and want to get rid of my added weight. I think I am starting to get beyond the sugar addiction. They actually had a desert buffet tonight too and *i completely stayed away from it. I did not even look to see what they had, did not really phase me much. Usually, I'd peak and contemplate cheating, but no not tonight. I'll be praying for your DH too.

Aud Enjoy the coffee, too late for that around here. Id be up all night tinkling.

Well all. I'm off to get ready for bed, so I can wake up to another day of going to work. My day starts way too early, so I have to go to bed early just to get my 8 hours sleep. Tomorrow is my Friday (really Wednesday here). So my weekend is upon me, yeah!

FitinTime 09-18-2007 12:20 PM

Be safe and well there angihali!

I was thinking, maybe you're not eating enough?!
On induction, you can eat as much as you want for the meats, poultry and fish.
Just a thought.

Have a good evening!!

deedee10 09-18-2007 02:14 PM

Good morning everyone, well it's still morning for me here is LA. Thanks so much for all for your responses!
Azure, thanks for your post about Somersize and how you lost the 30 pounds on it. You're so right about any plan will work if you stick to it and I guess it just comes down to how much I want to lose the weight and I really do want to succeed this time.
Fitin time, thanks for the coconut bark suggestion & receipe. I'm going to check it out. Right now if I want something sweet, I've been eating sugar free jello with full whipped cream. I'm trying not to eat too much of it though.
Beach bum, thanks for the words of encouragement and the site with the receipes is awesome!
Angihali, thinking about you way over there and hope you stay safe. You sound like you have the logistics of your eating plan worked out and I know you will be successful.

I'm working my resolve up for the birthday lunch today. My plan is to have a salad and some protein and say bye-bye to the chocolate birthday cake. It's going to be hard but I know I can do this.

lilybelle 09-18-2007 02:53 PM

Hi all, I was out of town for DH's cousin's funeral this past weekend.

Aud, SGOT is a measure of liver function. It is standard on a liver enzyme panel. Since yours is in range, no problem. It is often increased in people with liver or gallbladder disease.

I'm still doing SBD, although on Sat. , I didn't have any real food choice due to being with family after the funeral. I just tried to make the best choice possible.

This morning I was cleaning my bedroom and moved a small bookcase that is next to my bed. Lo and Behold, I found my wedding rings that were missing. This of course, would happen after buying a new wedding band just yesterday. I'm gonna keep just wearing the new band, until I get my original rings resized. My old rings are a size 7 and new one a size 5. I didn't even used to think I had fat fingers, LOL. I am very happy to have found them and now I have to believe DH that he didn't sell them. (HE is gone to work for the week and I haven't told him yet that I found them). I can just hear the "I told you so speech" already.

Yesterday, I learned of my son's military plans. He is to be moved from Reserve status to Active Duty status on November 1st. He will be sent to Princeton , KY base for 3 months, then to Kuwat for 2 months and then to downtown Baghdad for 1 year. (we were originally told he'd be deployed for 18 months). I'm still very sad that he is going, but I'm trying to be strong.

aud 09-18-2007 03:07 PM

:welcome3: angihal - How's the water in Kuwait? Can't remember if you said you're drinking LOTS. (??)

I was on my way TO bed fit - I usually sleep 2-3 hours - get up to get 4th grader Tess off to school and then lay back down. DH has let me oversleep today so I'm on the run run yet again!:dizzy:

:coffee2:

Leo remains in my prayers beachie.:hug:

Where's lilyb & puncie?????:coach:

I'd stay away from anything "carbie" - for at least two weeks - regardless of the style of LC - to get those dang cravings to STOP deedee - but then again, I have a tendency to carb medicate once I'm triggered - the bark would surely set me off.:(:hungry: AND: :bday2you:

Gotta fly - ttyal in The Wee Hours!:gossip:

aud 09-18-2007 03:14 PM

*Posting at the same time aud-lily MIND MELD*

:comp::df:

PUUUUUNNNNNCCCCCIIIIEEEEEEE???? Time to check in GF!!!!:coach:

MissyFluffs 09-18-2007 04:17 PM

Hi Gals, I'm new here... Having an excellent week after I cheated for a few days. Sticking to my meat and veggie plan very well and I've lost the 4 lbs I gained last week in just 3 days!

I'm so happy to have found this site.. Looking forward to getting to know other low-carb gals!

Puncezilla 09-18-2007 04:22 PM

Aud, :wave:Thanks for the holler. I'm still here.
Just not much in a chatty mood lately, just reading and trying to stay motivated.

BB, I hope everything goes well for DH on the 8th, will be praying for good results for him.

Deedee, the first 2weeks on atkins I ate the sugar free jello and whipped cream almost every night to satisfy my sweet cravings, but after that I lost the cravings completely and didn't even want it. When I want chocolate now I have LC yogourt with SF chocolate syrup.

Fit, I have to leave my scale in the same place too, or it totaly screws up my Weigh in.

Angihali, It can be realy hard when someone else is doing all the cooking for you. When I go visit my parents they put sugar or flour in almost everything they eat, they always marinade meat in soy sauce and sugar, it drives me crazy. Hang in there and do the best you can with the choices you have. It may be slower than you would like, but it will happen.

Welcome! MissyFluffs.:D

I'm still gaining, for some reason. but hanging in there. I think I need to cut out the splenda and some dairy products, Thats the only difference I can think of between now and before, when I was losing. So I'm cutting that out.
I'm going to my folks again for the last week in Sept. (With DH this time) And I'm kinda stressed about it. I still haven't lost all of the 10lbs I gained the last time I was there. I need to be strong and stay OP, but I have very little faith in myself being able to do that right now. If I can manage to lose a few before then and get some momentum, that would help.

I hope everyone has a great day!

MissyFluffs 09-18-2007 04:35 PM

Hey Puncezilla... I tell ya, those fake sugar-free treats get me gaining every time. Make me crave tubby food too.

One thing that I think has really helped me get over a bad hump is cinnamon! I heard it was good for insulin resistance so I started adding it to my tea.. WHOA.. did it increase my energy and reduce my food cravings. Awesome stuff.

FitinTime 09-18-2007 05:26 PM

:welcome: MissyFluffs!!
Nice to have you here joining the group. A bunch of fantastic Ladies here, for sure!
Good job on those lbs lost. Starting out again, that is great. I hope you meet your goal!!

Hey Punce, I'm saying good thoughts for you! I bet if you did cut out some of the things you mentioned you'll be back on track.
Don't get discouraged Hon!!! You go kick some :kickbutt:. Don't go out feeling defeated, becaue you have come so far and you can get past this!!

If I'm making you crazy, just tell me to back off, I don't want to be too much here. But I really care!! :hug:

Lily-- so happy that you found your rings, and uh just wanted to say the um...size 7 is not fat. LOL That's what size I wear. :lol: Actually I went from size 8 to 7.
But what a great feeling to wear a size 5!

Puncezilla 09-18-2007 05:26 PM

Mmmm. I love cinnamon, it 's good in coffee to. I should remember to put some in next time. thanks for the tip.

Puncezilla 09-18-2007 05:30 PM

Thanks Fit . I always apreciate the encouragement & I need someone to drive me a little crazy sometimes:p! I'm deffinately cutting all the fake sweets for a while.

JerseyGyrl 09-18-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitinTime (Post 1858909)
On induction, you can eat as much as you want for the meats, poultry and fish.

Meats, poultry & fish are not unlimited on Atkins Induction. Dr Atkins said to eat those things "liberally"and to eat the amount that makes you feel satisfied but, not stuffed.