3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Carb Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/)
-   -   LOW CARB CHAT! CHAT! 9/17 thru 9/23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/123007-low-carb-chat-chat-9-17-thru-9-23-a.html)

FitinTime 09-20-2007 09:38 AM

Hi Azure!

Don't sweat it!! :hug: That's the beauty of Atkins or low carb woe, we can get right back on it and continue on as if nothing really happened and lose quickly. You can't do that on a low fat woe, at least I couldn't !

That lb will be gone in no time!;)

MissyFluffs 09-20-2007 10:50 AM

Hey Diana... checked out your fitday.com link. That is an awesome little tool! I signed up this morning and started filling in today's food/exercise.

Check me out:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...s%5Ffluffy

FitinTime 09-20-2007 10:57 AM

Cool Missy!

I think it helps to know what we've eaten and the percentages, incase we need to up or lower our carbs. In my case I need to up them!
How's your way of eating coming along? Good for you on the exercise, that's something I really need to get going on! But it's so hard for me too get motivated!! :woops:

Keep up the good work there Missy!!!:carrot::carrot:

FitinTime 09-20-2007 11:02 AM

What's up Ladies!!

Hi to Punce, Lily, Beach Bum, Bouncing, Azure, Aud, Missy, Chickadee, deedee, and all the other cool people here!!

Hope you all are doing good! Keep your chin up, your mind focused and your motivation elevated! Don't look back, just move forward!!

:grouphug: for us!!

MissyFluffs 09-20-2007 11:08 AM

Hey Diana, thanks for askin! My way of eating is coming along slow. That's why I was glad to find the online food diary.

I lost the first part of my weight by doing a partially low carb/ low calorie diet and lots of exercise.. but I've been stalled for quite some time. I decided to try strict low carb again last week and haven't had a super low-carb day yet. I tend to ween myself off the bad stuff... and of course, yesterday they had a special on biscuits and gravy I just couldn't pass up :nono:

I'm really shooting for today being my first truly low carb day, and it's good to have the fitday counter to help keep me in line. It does really change things to see the actual numbers calculated in front of you. And I know if I keep those carbs down to 20 a day, the weight will just come off.

aud 09-20-2007 12:52 PM

I think if I weighed myself - I'd be in the same mood as azure. Luckily, I don't weigh at home and its a lllloooong trip to the scale at work. Got flattened by some junk carbs - identified any change in schedule is a trigger. Times like these make me so mad at myself - but just a glance at my ticker makes me relieved that I'm not at the whopping 248# (only 2 lbs away from a whopping 250 on a 5'6" frame!!!:yikes:) . . . have come so far. Must accept & put into practice that when I plan I do so much better. (Remember losing on change of schedule Tunica Trip, auddie?) Soooo - will work on staying sane during unplanned schedule changes and lose this icky-bloated-depressed-failure-feeling - PRONTO!:carrot: I w/i on Fridays - but gonna see Saturday or Sunday if the Y scale has something different to say for the TBL w/i!;) Hang in there azzie:hug: - we'll get over this hump!:bike:

To dee-dee!:goodluck:

Do you do things like park far away and take the stairs when you can fit? I know we've all heard these tips a gazillion times but I know at the beginning of my latest journey those kind of things were literally the ONLY things I was able to do!:o The confident feeling from achieving a few flights of stairs gradually led me to go on to other exercise activities, ya know? Just a thought.

I really should use fitday more missyfluffs - I just kind of consider 3fc my "food diary" so to speak - I'm thinking when I hit a long stall I'll plug in there to tweak. Right now, I'm acutely aware of what I'm doing/ingesting and the affects.

Don't think I've updated lately about my lc wol & dh, have I? When I fist came to 3fc one of my chief complaints would be how good I was doing & then dh would become a Pastry Chef . . . or load the freezer up with my fave ice cream . . . or make giant pots of buttery whipped mashed potatoes etc etc :mad: - with the help of friends here - I realized that dh was my biggest wol saboteur and that it was coming from a place of not only insecurity but a definite CONTROL ISSUE. Has not been an issue this time around (start July 16th) - here's why, I think:

First of all has anyone been to "Menopause: The Musical?" Hilarious and describes my life to a T!:D:rofl: One song is about the Hub "living in the garage" basically to get away from the mood swings/hot flashes etc . . . well, on one of his trips to the bathroom from his garage exile (now has a stereo & all the mini comforts of the house!:p) dh found me loading up the trash can with all latest tempt treats.

("loading up the trash can" is actually not giving you the pic - "flinging ice cream cartons around the kitchen" would be a bit more descriptive.;))

This was in late June and haven't had a wol sabotage by dh since! Must have been something about the look on my ice cream and sweat drenched face?:?:

FitinTime 09-20-2007 01:29 PM

Hi Aud!

No haven't heard of that musical, but that does sound good! Right up my alley too!

Yeah we are all in some kind of slump, stall, or whatever our thing is, but we have to always look how far we have come! I never thought I would lose 35 lbs! If I had lost before, I put it right back on too. I heard this Teacher say, "I'm not where I should be yet, but thank God, I'm not where I used to be"!
So I take that motto and hold on to it!

As a matter of fact Aud, I have been purposely parking far so I can walk!!
The other day I went to the store, parked in the garden section at one end, then paid for my stuff and left the store at the other end. I had one bag and 2 big long packages of toilet paper in each arm,!! How embarrassing huh! :o

Oh well, at least I got some walking in there.

beach bum 09-20-2007 01:40 PM

Hi Ladies:)

Had an doctors appointment this morning for my annual physical & blood work for my cholesterol.

Spoke to the doctor about some weight calculators that I bookmarked on my computer. Telling him that I added more calories[1600] as they recommended adding more calories for my height,weight & gender. Lost 2 lbs by doing this,but now I back to SQUARE ONE again as I gained the 2 pound back. He suggested to try to find my balance,and I should try 1400 per day,and see what happens.

I'm glad you mentioned fitday,as I now can see how many calories and the percentage of carbs.,protein and fat I'm adding into my daily menus.

Lily-We're doing fine,the only thing wrong right now is our weight problem,but who doesn't have the problem. I like watching the Biggest Loser also,it does motivate me to some extant.

MissyFluffs-I don't think the wine did that to you. I find that its not what I ate the night before but its the day before that which effects my weight. I have been rocking back and forth with 163 -165. I so desperately like to be below 160 again,where I was just before last Thanksgiving.

AUD-You so right,faith & prayer is the biggest weapon to rid of disease. Thanks for putting us on your prayer list.

DeeDee-I find that bread is an downfall,in my weight loss. My doctor put me on the South Beach[3 yrs] and when its didn't work for me anymore,he suggest to go on the Atkins[Aug2006] for a while and see what happens. I found that I was carb sensitive,and low carb would have to be my WOE for life. Now I'm not sure as I'm gaining on the low carb WOE. He told me,just what I reported above I have to find my balance, in calories ,carb & fats. Thats a great idea you have there a little portion of bread is better than a depriving yourself. Maybe I'll follow in your suit.Sending you Good :goodluck: Luck and :dust: your way.

Azure-Sorry about your gain,but its not your W-I day it might be down by Saturday.My doctor told me that I would have to have 3500 calories to gain one fat pound. I sure you didn't do that.Its probably water retention from some salty meal that you had. Sending you some Luck:luck2you: also.

Have a nice one

Hugs :) BB

Puncezilla 09-20-2007 02:29 PM

Hi all!

I had a good day yesterday and so far today. and was back to my ticker weight this morning, I feel like I'm on a rolercoaster with the ups and downs I've been having. I't realy messing with my head.. at least I have you all to come to or I'm sure I would have given up by now. Thanks ladies.

Aud, I will be doing some grocery shopping befor I go to the folks. They know I'm not supposed to eat any grain.
Even as a teen when I was diagnosed with ciliacs, they were never realy supportive of me changing what I ate. They ate pasta and bread and junk all the time, and if I wanted to eat I had to do everything for myself, so I usualy just had to eat what they ate, they couldn't even be botherd to buy any better grocerys for me. So I was sick a lot and eventualy quit going to school.
They know I'm on a low carb plan and they are always saying how good I'm doing and how proud they are, but then don't think twice about putting sugar on the meat, or waving chocolate in my face. My mom and sister who lives with them like to bake a lot and it is very hard to resist.
I know I'm the only one responsible for my health and need to be strong and just say no.
At least I will have DH with me this time, he is very supportive of my WOE.

Anyhoo, sorry for the little spew :barf:. Have a lovely day.

Bouncing 09-20-2007 03:43 PM

Aud: Spew? Wrong? Huh? What did I do?

krawhitham 09-20-2007 08:32 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm new to atkins so I thought I would post here since ya'll seem very cool.

I lost half of my weight doing calorie restricting at 1200 cals a day, but I know I can't keep that up for the rest of my life and i've heard such wonderful things about atkins so i decided to try.

it's only been two weeks and I've been enjoying it for the most part!

I am excited to get to know you all in time :D

FitinTime 09-20-2007 09:36 PM

:welcome3: Krawhitham

Join this great circle of Ladies here! We are happy to have you!

Hope you hang out with us and share your thoughts, goals or whatever is on your mind.

aud 09-21-2007 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncing (Post 1859875)

. . . Aud, yep, I have a secret crush on Lord Peter Wimsey. Alas, though, I have always suspected that Lord Peter is firmly attached to Bunter, Lady Harriet notwithstanding.

Awwwwww, sorry for the misunderstanding bouncie - "Spew Alert Fouls" are called when you unexpectedly laugh so hard that whatever your drinking spews all over your monitor! The thought of Lord Peter & Bunter had me ROTF :rofl: . . . but the "Lady Harriet notwithstanding" has my monitor permanently encrusted with dried coffee stains!:coffee2::lol:

(Not to mention the 2nd degree coffee burns inside my nostrils!:coffee::flame:)

MissyFluffs 09-21-2007 10:53 AM

Hey there Kraw... what should I call you? Is Kraw okay? I kinda like that. I just joined the other day and I'm excited about the support here.

aud.. Glad Bouncie had you spewing... don't they say laughter is good for weight loss?

Slump sisters... hopefully that will only be a temporary nickname :) I gained another pound this morning even though I've been strictly OP for two days, and mostly OP for a week. I'm also tracking my fertility, and I just ovulated a couple days ago. Wondering if perhaps it's the second half cycle bloat? I couldn't get my engagement ring on this morning, so I'm thinking it's all bloat.

That gives me a question for you ladies... if any of you suffer from severe bloating during second half of your cycle... are you ever able to lose weight during that time on the low carb plan?

lilybelle 09-21-2007 11:36 AM

Hi everyone, I've been really sick now for 3 days is why I've missed posting. Hope everyone else is doing well with the LC lifestyle. Honestly, I've just been eating whatever someone else will fix for me (which is basically a PB and Jelly sandwich or a can of soup). I have a sinus/upper resp. infection and feel like death warmed over. I saw the Dr. yesterday and got on antibiotics, inhalers, and codiene cough syrup. My wt. was down to 139 lbs. on the Dr. scales so I'm just focusing on getting well for now. I'll come catch up more later when I get to feeling better. Right now my tummy feels like I've been punched or kicked all night cause I'm so sore from the coughing.