Old 07-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #31  

Okay...this is wierd. I was feeling horrible the first 3 days (light headed, dizzy and some headaches) but on day 4 I started feel significantly better and have been fine ever since. Until, today! This is day one of week two for me (my 8th day) and all of a sudden I'm feeling dizzy again! Anyone have any info on what could be going on? Has anyone ever heard that LC isn't for everybody?
ebplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #32  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi ebplus3, It's hard to say what's triggering the dizzyness. did you eat/do anything different? its possible your getting to few carbs? Its realy hard to say with out knowing what you are eating. I had some problems in the beginning with dizzyness, but realized it was the cromium in a suppliment I was taking, I'm fine now that I stopped taking it. Some people do well with a little more carbs, some are fine with less, You need to play around a bitt till you find a level that works for you.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #33  

Yesterday I did have ALOT less carbs than I've been having. I've been having almost 20 but yesterday I don't think I had any! maybe that's it.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #34  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

that may be it. I had a problem the first two weeks starting worse than ever this time. but now that I am going full blown I am doing great. make sure that you do eat. and take your potassium, magnesium and vits.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #35  
Here I go again

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

I do also get dizzy spells mostly when I stand up from a sitting position. (aka: orthostatic hypotension) This is when your blood pressure becomes low when you stand up and kinda get that head rush and feel dizzy. I think its related to fluid volume deficit in my body. This sometimes happens when I haven't had enough water for the day, probably not enough fluids that I've taken in at the time. However, I also think it does have to do with the amount of carbs which is closely related to blood sugar as well.
BoopRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #36  

Thank you for your responses. I wonder how long these dizzy spells last? I mean, if you live a low carb lifestyle, are these to be expected?
Old 08-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #37  

I just started Low carb yesterday and I feel horrible have the headache and dizzy. It totally sucks I'm actually not on atkins though I'm on a moderate carb diet but I guess I'm still suffering from withdrawls.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i had well over 20 grams of carbs but nowhere near what one no on lc would usually eat in a day and i have had a headache all day - my guess is from the carbs i ate. and i am sure ill have naother one tomorrow once i get back donw to 20g

dont worry 2much it will pass in a couple days - just drink lots of water and get some extra rest the first 3 days - good luck!
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:11 PM   #39  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

The only days after those first three where I've felt weird is on the days I binged on Carbs after being in ketosis for a couple weeks. My body reacted really poorly to all the carbs pouring into by body--I think I had some sort of numbing sugar-coma going on or something. At the end of the day I felt dizzy, dull-witted, nauseous and generally just bad.

Once you're into ketosis and the carb withdrawls go away, the dizziness/headache should, too!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

yeah i wsa pretty tired yesterday and today to and the non stop headaches are really making me wish i had avoided the carbs - so i am going to a wedding in a couple wks and though i will be tempted to have cake i will remember how awful i have been feeling..... argh i wish i could weigh myslef but alas i am poor and will have to wait until the wkend...when i can buy a new digital scale.
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #41  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, CFhickadee, I'm sorry you're feeling carb-hung over! Thanks for volunteering for the research committee, though, and sharing the result with us. I will take your experience to heart when I really, really want carbs. So far, I've resisted. But I think maybe giving in is a little like sea-sicknesss: I won't congratulate myself just yet; maybe I just haven't experienced the fatal combination of conditions yet!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote